You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
***The Official NYU Class of 2020 Interview/Acceptance Thread***
Started by Weakfart
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I haven't called yet, I'm kinda confused with the email..Did you guys schedule it yet? When will you call them?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Interview!!!
School: NYU
Notification date: 8/25/2015
Method of notification: Email
Residency: California
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/25/2015
Application complete date: 6/24/2015 (Batch 1)
GPA (science, overall): 3.43, 3.57
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 20/21/23/18/no
School: NYU
Notification date: 8/25/2015
Method of notification: Email
Residency: California
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/25/2015
Application complete date: 6/24/2015 (Batch 1)
GPA (science, overall): 3.43, 3.57
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 20/21/23/18/no
Interview.
Email.
First batch.
3.45, 3.45
21 aa 21 pat 21 ts 25 oc 19 rc
Email.
First batch.
3.45, 3.45
21 aa 21 pat 21 ts 25 oc 19 rc
Did you ever interview there? I applied last year and i got waitlisted but did not get in
CMON NYU gimme some LOVEEEE*3rd time NYU applicant*
![]()
none never. hopefully third times a charmDid you ever interview there? I applied last year and i got waitlisted but did not get in
Was that the earliest date to schedule? I know quite a few people that scheduled that date.Interview, 2nd batch.
Anyone scheduled for 9/9?
For those who have scheduled.. What r the earliest and latest dates?
Nyu doesn't use the aadsas portal.Did NYU appear on your portal? To those who got interviews?
yep!Was that the earliest date to schedule? I know quite a few people that scheduled that date.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
yep!
What was the latest?
I'd like to know that tooWhat was the latest?
I'd like to know that too
Uh they interview until early next year...What was the latest?
Uh they interview until early next year...
obviously referring to the dates offered to radaa when he/she called
Ah I see. My faultobviously referring to the dates offered to radaa when he/she called
What was the latest?
9/25 is the latest, and that's the one I booked
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What do you guys think is the benefits for getting the first interview date?
What do you guys think is the benefits for getting the first interview date?
Nothing. Zero. Nada. A September interview = a November interview.
Thank you!!9/25 is the latest, and that's the one I booked
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Anyone scheduled for sept 17?
Last edited:
Dental students....I interviewed there last year
You start off with your individual interview, then the whole group meets with Dr. Mejia and she talks about NYU and answers any questions....then a dental student or two will take you on a tour...then you have lunch with the person who toured you as well as other dental students and you just talk about whatever
You start off with your individual interview, then the whole group meets with Dr. Mejia and she talks about NYU and answers any questions....then a dental student or two will take you on a tour...then you have lunch with the person who toured you as well as other dental students and you just talk about whatever
Do you know if the students are D1s or D4s? Just curious 🙂Dental students....I interviewed there last year
You start off with your individual interview, then the whole group meets with Dr. Mejia and she talks about NYU and answers any questions....then a dental student or two will take you on a tour...then you have lunch with the person who toured you as well as other dental students and you just talk about whatever
Mine was a D3 - we were supposed to have two students give the tour but one forgot haha and met up with us during lunch. We had 4 current students at lunch with us and all sat at a big table, I believe 2 were D2 and two were D3 . All of them told us they interviewed at NYU and got waitlisted on that December 1st date and eventually got in.
Hello!Hello everyone. I'm a D2 at NYU and I would like to wish everyone good luck on their application process. If anyone who has an interview at NYU and wants to save money on hotel expenses, please feel free to message me. I live in a 2-bedroom apartment a block away from the school.
Thank you and good luck to all.
I have an interview with NYU CD on 9/10/15. I am the first batch.
I am coming from Boston the night before, and I need information about a safe cheap hotel.
Can you help me?
Hello!
I have an interview with NYU CD on 9/10/15. I am the first batch.
I am coming from Boston the night before, and I need information about a safe cheap hotel.
Can you help me?
Personally, I stayed at the Ramada Inn at the corner of Lexington Ave and 30th Street because it was relatively cheap and not too far from the school. I just took a cab in the morning and it was a little over $5. There is also the Marcel at Gramercy which is 2 blocks from the school but pretty expensive from the prices I remember seeing. Congrats!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congrats to everyone who got interview invitations, and if you didn't just sit tight. They interview well into next year.
Some advice for finding a place to stay: find somewhere close where you can walk to the school. Some people will stay in one of the other boroughs because the hotels are cheaper, but you don't want to rely on public transportation in case the traffic is bad or a subway station is down. If you know a dental student, ask to crash with them because they will most likely live in one of the popular complexes close to school and they can show you where you need to go. Offer to give them $20-$50 or to take them to a decent dinner the night before your interview - it'll be a nice gesture and you'll save a ton of money not having to pay for a hotel. If you can't get away with that, look for hotels in the Gramercy Park, East Village, Kips Bay, Murray Hill, or Union Square neighborhoods and it'll be expensive but you will be able to walk to school in 5-20 minutes depending on where you stay.
Good luck and don't worry too much about this interview. It's very conversational and the environment is not stressful or intimidating at all. If you can hold a conversation well and you know your application, you will be fine.
Some advice for finding a place to stay: find somewhere close where you can walk to the school. Some people will stay in one of the other boroughs because the hotels are cheaper, but you don't want to rely on public transportation in case the traffic is bad or a subway station is down. If you know a dental student, ask to crash with them because they will most likely live in one of the popular complexes close to school and they can show you where you need to go. Offer to give them $20-$50 or to take them to a decent dinner the night before your interview - it'll be a nice gesture and you'll save a ton of money not having to pay for a hotel. If you can't get away with that, look for hotels in the Gramercy Park, East Village, Kips Bay, Murray Hill, or Union Square neighborhoods and it'll be expensive but you will be able to walk to school in 5-20 minutes depending on where you stay.
Good luck and don't worry too much about this interview. It's very conversational and the environment is not stressful or intimidating at all. If you can hold a conversation well and you know your application, you will be fine.
Hello!
I have an interview with NYU CD on 9/10/15. I am the first batch.
I am coming from Boston the night before, and I need information about a safe cheap hotel.
Can you help me?
Check your inbox
Thank you!!!Check your inbox
I also got an interview invite I'll be going the 15th! 2 schools so far hurry up other schools
When was your app complete?I also got an interview invite I'll be going the 15th! 2 schools so far hurry up other schools
my mailing date was 7/02/15When was your app complete?
Anyone have there interview here scheduled in October?
We can't!! They gave us a choice between sept9-25. Can't have a date after that.Anyone have there interview here scheduled in October?
Yeah. First batches have to be done from 9th to 25th.Anyone have there interview here scheduled in October?
Dec 1st?Does anyone know when NYU make their decision about you? Im interviewing there soon and was curious if they make the decision that same day or maybe at the end of the week? I know some schools make their decision during lunchtime on the day you interview 😱
That's when they inform you of their decision, but does it matter when they make the decision?Dec 1st?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
You should call admissions office to confirm it.I need help!!!!!! I mailed out a money order to school but on the actual money order has my husband name on it. He maid a mistake and wrote his name on it, but on the actuall shipment package, my name is written as the sender. Is that ok?
Has anyone that has received any decision information (interviews) know how long it took between the time you got the NYU email saying your application is complete and a notification from them?
62 daysHas anyone that has received any decision information (interviews) know how long it took between the time you got the NYU email saying your application is complete and a notification from them?
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Similar threads
- Replies
- 75
- Views
- 35K
- Replies
- 27
- Views
- 10K
- Replies
- 65
- Views
- 20K
Waiting, waiting, waiting, come on NYU!!!!!