***The Official NYU Class of 2021 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Interview Invite this morning! I emailed them yesterday as well with some updates to my application so that seems to be a trend here.
I don't think I'll be able to make next week happen with work and flights :( (coming from San Francisco) so I think I'm going to try to schedule for early January.
GPA:3.45 AA:21 PAT:20 TS:20
Congrats! I'm from LA, so I'm in the same boat. Gonna shoot for January!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Congrats guys! I wish they invite me :( I emailed them with no reply and my stats are similar .. I wonder if they just skipped me lol!

I have a quick question for you guys. Even if you guys get accepted, how are you guys planning on paying 500k+ debt after graduating? :O

Members don't see this ad :)
I have a quick question for you guys. Even if you guys get accepted, how are you guys planning on paying 500k+ debt after graduating? :O

Same way anyone pays debt, working

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 5 users
I just passed up my interview spot today, hopefully that opens something up for someone here

Reactions: 3 users
Congrats! I'm from LA, so I'm in the same boat. Gonna shoot for January!
Scheduled for January 13th! Is having an interview on Friday the 13th scary? Ah well. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Reactions: 1 users
For those that sent an intention email, what did you talk about and how long was it?

For those that sent an intention email, what did you talk about and how long was it?
Mine wasn't as much of an intention email as it was an update. I informed them of the hours of dental experience that I have had since submitting and that I plan on taking another course in Spring. I know that's what the academic update is for but a personal email shows you care about THIS program seeing your update. Wasn't too long of an email!

So I'm interviewing on the 12th and I've already booked my plane ticket but I'm not sure where to stay. What relatively affordable hotels would those who interviewed/live in the area recommend? I'm kind of freaking out :eek: I've been looking at hotels that are like 30 min away but I'm not sure if that's too far. I would take an uber/cab to the interview from there.

So I'm interviewing on the 12th and I've already booked my plane ticket but I'm not sure where to stay. What relatively affordable hotels would those who interviewed/live in the area recommend? I'm kind of freaking out :eek: I've been looking at hotels that are like 30 min away but I'm not sure if that's too far. I would take an uber/cab to the interview from there.
Checkout Hotel 17. It was about a 10 min walk to the school and was around $130. Not a bad place but the only down side it is a shared bathroom.

Members don't see this ad :)
Received my first interview invite yesterday, I'm so excited! Could someone tell me more about this supplemental form we need to fill out on the day of interview? About writing down names of all schools we applied to? I kinda freaked out and applied to many... (nothing so far from other schools except for a few rejections, will this hurt my chance of admission?) thank you!!
App complete with student questionnaire on 9/22, oGPA 3.3 | grad GPA 3.4 | DAT 22AA 23TS 19 PAT

Checkout Hotel 17. It was about a 10 min walk to the school and was around $130. Not a bad place but the only down side it is a shared bathroom.

That would've been such a great deal, sadly they're sold out on Saturday night :shy: I did find a similarly priced hotel closer to time square (13 min drive). I'll just have to wake up a little earlier for my interview but that's ok.

Waitlisted.
Absolutely cannot believe it.
22 AA 22 TS 23 PAT
3.92 gpa ~3.85 SGPA (So guys I don't think it's about the low GPA)
I though the interview went really well. The dental student showing us around told us to email Dr. Meija, so not having done that might have ruined my chances.
Good luck to the rest of you
I have same stats as you except 22 PAT. I did not email Dr. Meija or two of my interviewers and still got in. It must have been something that you said during the interview. If it helps i will be turning down their acceptance, hopefully you will get it. Good luck.

Received my first interview invite yesterday, I'm so excited! Could someone tell me more about this supplemental form we need to fill out on the day of interview? About writing down names of all schools we applied to? I kinda freaked out and applied to many... (nothing so far from other schools except for a few rejections, will this hurt my chance of admission?) thank you!!
App complete with student questionnaire on 9/22, oGPA 3.3 | grad GPA 3.4 | DAT 22AA 23TS 19 PAT
I think theres only space for 5 schools. Even though i applied to 12 schools I only wrote down the first 5 that came to mind, two of which i had interviews at. The supplemental question is not hard, just answer it with honesty. Check out the Interview Feedback thread on NYU, most of the question that they asked me came from there. Two of my interviews were very relaxed with no grilling questions. Just be yourself and you will do great. Good luck.

Ahh you just made my day. Thanks so much!!!

I think theres only space for 5 schools. Even though i applied to 12 schools I only wrote down the first 5 that came to mind, two of which i had interviews at. The supplemental question is not hard, just answer it with honesty. Check out the Interview Feedback thread on NYU, most of the question that they asked me came from there. Two of my interviews were very relaxed with no grilling questions. Just be yourself and you will do great. Good luck.

Scheduled for January 13th! Is having an interview on Friday the 13th scary? Ah well. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
received interview invite post december.

Congrats to all of you!!!! Would you mind sharing your stats :) All the best on your interviews!

Anyone know what the GPA requirement is to keep our acceptance?

Interview invite today.

3.71 cgpa 3.65 sgpa 23AA submitted application to nyu in september

For those still with future interviews: I'm a D2 and my roommates (D4s) and I are making our living room (my bedroom if you're a female) available for your stay for a lot less than the hotels around NYC. We live in Waterside Plaza which is a 6-7 minute walk to school. You can DM me for more details. Good luck to everyone!

For those still with future interviews: I'm a D2 and my roommates (D4s) and I are making our living room (my bedroom if you're a female) available for your stay for a lot less than the hotels around NYC. We live in Waterside Plaza which is a 6-7 minute walk to school. You can DM me for more details. Good luck to everyone!

I would highly recommend his place if you have got an interview invite from NYU. I stayed at his apartment for a night. He and his roommates were very nice people. They were so accommodating and made my stay very comfortable. I contacted him a night before the arrival, but he still answered me and allowed me to stay. The living room was cozy with a nice bed. It was close by the interview place. They are current NYU dental students, and I could ask them many questions about their student lives at NYU, which helped me to prepare for the interview.

Did anyone get rejected? Or did nyu just put everyone who didn't get accepted on to the wait list?

Did anyone get rejected? Or did nyu just put everyone who didn't get accepted on to the wait list?
I was thinking the same thing. I got wait listed. Does anyone know how often the wait list moves?

I was thinking the same thing. I got wait listed. Does anyone know how often the wait list moves?
I can tell you that there will be a lot of movement. People will drop their seats to go to cheaper schools, which are literally every single other dental school in this country.

Reactions: 3 users
I can tell you that there will be a lot of movement. People will drop their seats to go to cheaper schools, which are literally every single other dental school in this country.

USC and MUSC would like to have a word with you, lol

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Have you heard anyone getting rejected from NYU this cycle? I haven't! so Im thinking they put everyone on the wait list

Have you heard anyone getting rejected from NYU this cycle? I haven't! so Im thinking they put everyone on the wait list
I've heard from multiple people that NYUCD doesn't reject people who interview pre-Dec, only waitlist.

NYU never appeared in my portal.. Anyone else? I received the app complete email so I never questioned it but now I'm worried

i received an interview invite...can anyone share how their experience was? :)

Hi folks, for those who have interviewed, do you think it would be ok if I brought my luggage with me to the interview? I just have a small carry-on, purse and winter coat :)
I'm sure this was probably answered earlier in the thread but I can't seem to find it. Thanks!

Hi folks, for those who have interviewed, do you think it would be ok if I brought my luggage with me to the interview? I just have a small carry-on, purse and winter coat :)
I'm sure this was probably answered earlier in the thread but I can't seem to find it. Thanks!
It shouldn't be an issue. They have a small closet that they offered to store stuff for people.

i received an interview invite...can anyone share how their experience was? :)

It was super chill and relaxed IMO, at least with my faculty interviewer.

But I've heard that it really depends on who you get... apparently some interviewers grill you. Mine just gave me a lot of compliments lol

Interview on the 20th! I've been accepted as Tufts though, still open to possibly having my mind changed :)

Congratulations!!! Are you a reapplicant? Would you mind sharing your stats please? :)
Applied to 1 school last year very late in the cycle. DATs:23, sGPA:2.89, cGPA:3.07 - Upward GPA trend with a 3.75 average my last 4 semesters and a ton of leadership, volunteering, and thousands of shadowing hours.

Applied to 1 school last year very late in the cycle. DATs:23, sGPA:2.89, cGPA:3.07 - Upward GPA trend with a 3.75 average my last 4 semesters and a ton of leadership, volunteering, and thousands of shadowing hours.

Wow amazing! Did you apply to NYU last year? And would you mind sharing you DAT breakdown?

Wow amazing! Did you apply to NYU last year? And would you mind sharing you DAT breakdown?
I did not apply to NYU last year, just my instate.
Orgo:29
GChem: 25
Bio: 19 (cry)
TS: 22
PAT: 23
Math: 20
Reading: 23
AA: 23

I literally got Cs in all my chemistry classes while in undergrad though lol...