***The Official NYU Class of 2021 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Can somebody please tell me the list of faculty interviewers' name please!!? She said she was full-time faculty member in aesthetic dentistry. She looked about age of 50-60.

Members don't see this ad.

hey all. i know -- i applied very late in the cycle, december 2nd. and got the supplements last week. i submitted it two days ago. when should i hear back possibly?

I did not apply to NYU last year, just my instate.
Orgo:29
GChem: 25
Bio: 19 (cry)
TS: 22
PAT: 23
Math: 20
Reading: 23
AA: 23

I literally got Cs in all my chemistry classes while in undergrad though lol...

awesome scores, congrats!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi all! I'm new here but just wondering...did anyone from the 12/12 interview here back yet?

Reactions: 1 users
Hi all! I'm new here but just wondering...did anyone from the 12/12 interview here back yet?

Hi :) I haven't heard anything yet. Hopefully they'll get back to us before Christmas.

Is it true that for this school, if you interviewed during the month of December your chance still stands the same as pre-December interview?

Hi :) I haven't heard anything yet. Hopefully they'll get back to us before Christmas.

I really hope so! I called this morning and she said we should hear back soon but she doesn't know if it's going to be before Christmas. Really hoping we get accepted and not waitlisted!

Is it true that for this school, if you interviewed during the month of December your chance still stands the same as pre-December interview?

they told our interview group that there was no difference between applying in July vs applying in January.
but that's all I can say to that matter :p

Reactions: 1 user
Has anyone who's been accepted to NYU so far received a scholarship offer?

Hopefully we get answers today guys!

Did they say they would be sending out acceptances for people who interviewed post December today?

No they just said to they would send out responses a week after. When did you interview??

Members don't see this ad :)
just received a conformation email that my application is under review, how long did it take for you to receive an invite for an interview?

SAME!! They said to give it a week and the trend among my friends is 7 days after on the dot so I'm hoping today is the day we find out
Patiently waiting! Good luck babe *fingers crossed*

just received a conformation email that my application is under review, how long did it take for you to receive an invite for an interview?

Hey! I submitted my application end of July and got an interview invitation 12/5. But I'm sure it will be a lot faster for you since they are doing interviews now. I just had to wait until they started interviewing. Makes sense?

Hey! I submitted my application end of July and got an interview invitation 12/5. But I'm sure it will be a lot faster for you since they are doing interviews now. I just had to wait until they started interviewing. Makes sense?

congrats on your interview! Would you mind sharing your stats? :) All the best!!

congrats on your interview! Would you mind sharing your stats? :) All the best!!

Thanks!! 3.0 sGPA/3.5 cGPA. 21 AA. Worked at a big hospital in the dental department for the past year besides shadowing. Published 3 research papers, 1 in the dental field. So I think that made up for my sucky science GPA lol

Interview invite 12/19 but withdrawing my application

Thanks!! 3.0 sGPA/3.5 cGPA. 21 AA. Worked at a big hospital in the dental department for the past year besides shadowing. Published 3 research papers, 1 in the dental field. So I think that made up for my sucky science GPA lol

NYU is a hugely research oriented school so they're going to love you!! Good luck :)

Accepted! Literally jumping up and down and my heart is pounding lol

Reactions: 3 users
For anyone that was previously waitlisted/currently waitlisted, any tips on how to get off?

For anyone that was previously waitlisted/currently waitlisted, any tips on how to get off?
You can write a letter of intent if you get waitlisted, try to physically mail a letter instead of emailing, they might add it to your file for the committee to review when they extend offers to people on the waitlist.

You can write a letter of intent if you get waitlisted, try to physically mail a letter instead of emailing, they might add it to your file for the committee to review when they extend offers to people on the waitlist.

Thank you so much!! Besides stating that NYUCD is my top choice is there anything else that I should state in the letter of intent?

This is a cross-post from the pre-dental section.

1) I heard if you get an interview from this school, they don't reject you but either you get accepted or wait-listed.

2) * People who interview during the month of December have the same chance as Pre-December interviewees, especially if you get invited during the first week of December, because the class is so humongous (says a dental student). They cannot accommodate all of the priority applicants before the Dec. 1st date set by the AADSAS.

3) They let you know fast about the result after you interview, like within a week.

4) Only the January interviews and onward starts to have reduced chance of admissions.

5) For December or before interviews, they accept about 70% of the interviewees. For Jan or later interviews, they take in about 25% of the interviewees.

Anyone welcome to chime in or add more info.

Thank you so much!! Besides stating that NYUCD is my top choice is there anything else that I should state in the letter of intent?
I wouldn't say it's your top choice unless it truly is, safer to say "one of my top choices". I would state a few details you learned about the school during the interview or tour that you liked. In my thank you letter I mentioned something I read in an article from the NYU dental magazine they gave us in the folder and the global outreach program I spoke to my interviewer about.

I wouldn't say it's your top choice unless it truly is, safer to say "one of my top choices". I would state a few details you learned about the school during the interview or tour that you liked. In my thank you letter I mentioned something I read in an article from the NYU dental magazine they gave us in the folder and the global outreach program I spoke to my interviewer about.

It actually IS my top choice for multiple reasons. Thank you so much. Will send this out tomorrow

Congrats peeps!!! When do you interview IIS?

I still didn't hear back yet which most likely means a waitlist. Womp

Hopefully they'll send out another wave of acceptance emails tomorrow. Crossing my fingers for you! :)