***The Official NYU Class of 2021 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

What are you stats?

3.3 cumm, 3.1 science (freshman and sophomore year killed me :blackeye:) 19AA, plenty of undergrad research, shadowing and volunteering at a free/low-cost dental clinic for a year :D

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Accepted!
Email from Dr. Mejia at 2:53pm EST
Interviewed 12/16

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Did anyone on the wait list receive "New Joint-degree Programs at NYU College of Dentistry" email from Dr. Mejia?

Reactions: 4 users
Waitlisted and got the email as well. Do you guys think they'll start pulling people from the waitlist after the first wave of deposits is due?

Reactions: 1 user
The second deposit is 3500 How are yall paying for it...

Awesome. More chances to be sucked dry by NYU.
NYU actually has a world-class MBA program, correct? So you'll be in school with future CEOs of Fortune 500 companies. The kind of connection/networking you'll made will worth a lifetime.

Reactions: 1 users
NYU actually has a world-class MBA program, correct? So you'll be in school with future CEOs of Fortune 500 companies. The kind of connection/networking you'll made will worth a lifetime.

Its an extra year of tuition and they are rank # 20 in the US. If it was lets say, top 5 you would have an argument. But #20? no.

Members don't see this ad :)
Its an extra year of tuition and they are rank # 20 in the US. If it was lets say, top 5 you would have an argument. But #20? no.
Yeah the tuition is definitely a huge turn off, but there isn't any official ranking.. so I wouldn't take that into consideration too much.

anyone have any updates on waitlist status?

hey, i have an interview at nyu in january! any suggestions on how i should prepare or the kinds of questions they will ask me?

Hey! In what number does Rutgers rank in the US? I got accepted into Rutgers C/O 2021, and I’m deciding between Rutgers and Nova. I’m a FL resident, but I loved Rutgers’s vast clinical exposure. Could you give me more insight to help me pick the right school?

Hey! In what number does Rutgers rank in the US? I got accepted into Rutgers C/O 2021, and I’m deciding between Rutgers and Nova. I’m a FL resident, but I loved Rutgers’s vast clinical exposure. Could you give me more insight to help me pick the right school?
This is the NYU thread haha! But I'll answer your question.
Rutgers isn't known for their MBA so I have no idea. Dental schools aren't ranked so idk what to say there. But strictly for Undergrad NYU is #30 and Rutgers is # 70 in the nation. I think you should choose Rutgers over NOVA because clinically Rutgers has such a large patient pool you can't run out of patients.

If you are placed on a WL is there any way to improve your chance of getting accepted aside from writing a letter of intent?

rejected w/o interview

This morning by email?

I haven't had an interview (yet), and still no rejection. And refreshing my inbox one million times doesn't seem to be speeding this process up at all.

This morning by email?

I haven't had an interview (yet), and still no rejection. And refreshing my inbox one million times doesn't seem to be speeding this process up at all.

yep, this mornjng by email. good luck to you!!

I was also rejected this morning

OOS
oGPA: 3.85
sGPA: 3.82
BCP: 3.93

20 PAT/22 AA/23 TS

160 shadowing hours
400 volunteer hours
315 hours of research in 3 semesters
1 publication
Minor EC's

....I really would have liked to go to NYU too:(

OOS

20 PAT/22 AA/23 TS

160 shadowing hours
400 volunteer hours
1 publication
Minor EC's

Now this I can cannot believe

Reactions: 2 users

OOS

20 PAT/22 AA/23 TS

160 shadowing hours
400 volunteer hours
1 publication
Minor EC's

hard to believe you got rejected with those stats, those r good enough for almost any dental school :(

Turned down NYU offer for my in-state dental school. Good luck everyone!

Reactions: 1 users
I received an interview invite back in December 19th and my interview is scheduled for January 18th :D

I'm almost tempted to call and ask if it's a mistake.
My GPA is nowhere near as good as yours, but something similar happened to me with WesternU (rejected without interview; 3.5 gpa/25AA).

Turned down my offer at NYU. Good luck to everyone waiting!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 3 users

OOS

20 PAT/22 AA/23 TS

This is so messed up. My GPA is 2.91 and DAT AA 20... I really do not understand this process.

Hows the Interview at NYU?
Any questions that are out of the ordinary? (ethical etc)

anyone know where i can find the facebook page? having trouble finding it

I haven't heard anything yet. But I read that some people have been accepted as early as February in past cycles...

Yea, but they kept saying that the waitlist acceptance will be start by April.

Yea, but they kept saying that the waitlist acceptance will be start by April.

Yeah that's what I remember but i'm wondering if it's possible to hear prior to that. Does anyone know when they're last interview are?

Can someone please tell me what happens on interview day? Also whats this about a doing another form there?

What time was your guys interviews over? If I wanna catch a plane back home after the interview from La Guardia how late do you guys recommend?