***The Official NYU Class of 2021 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

I didn't see a FB group so I'm trying to make one now but I need at least one persons email address in order to create it so for all those interested please pm me your email addresses :happy::happy:
Hey did you ever manage to get the Facebook group running?

Members don't see this ad.

What time was your guys interviews over? If I wanna catch a plane back home after the interview from La Guardia how late do you guys recommend?
Interviews are done around 1:30 so you should try and get a flight after 5pm I'd say just to be safe and account for any unexpected issues.

Members don't see this ad :)
Can someone please tell me what happens on interview day? Also whats this about a doing another form there?
Interviews start at 8pm. A faculty member grabs you and takes you to a room and asks you questions- people in my group had different experiences based on who they spoke to. Mine was rapid fire questioning but others had conversational interviews. Then you have an informal chat with an admissions officer, a Q and A session, a tour and lunch with students. Very nice to have the interview first thing so it's all downhill from there!

Interviews start at 8pm. A faculty member grabs you and takes you to a room and asks you questions- people in my group had different experiences based on who they spoke to. Mine was rapid fire questioning but others had conversational interviews. Then you have an informal chat with an admissions officer, a Q and A session, a tour and lunch with students. Very nice to have the interview first thing so it's all downhill from there!
Any tricky questions? What sort of rapid fire questions? Is there anything I need to write that day?

hey would you happen to know the names of the interviewers? Thanks!

Was called for interview last week, and have one on 1/26. What are some interview questions? And is it true if you are called for an interview, its a chance you will get in or be waitlisted?

Reactions: 1 user
Was called for interview last week, and have one on 1/26. What are some interview questions? And is it true if you are called for an interview, its a chance you will get in or be waitlisted?

Hi datgirl! I was just curious to know when your app was submitted and under review?

I'm not sure what you are asking.. I think everyone gets in or waitlisted. The interviews are all over the place. Differing from faculty to faculty. My interviewer just rapidly fired questions at me and asked me unnecessary little things. Many people get questions about adapting to the NYC lifestyle and strengths and weaknesses. Just practice answering the cliche questions and you'll be fine.

Whatever questions you get totally depends on your interviewer. Mine was really relaxed/chill and didn't ask me a lot of questions

As a successful interviewee, I'll try to be helpful, but really am just echoing what others have said. Interview questions depend entirely upon interviewer. Mine happened to be a Group Practice Director, who seemed mainly interested in making sure you not only could hold a conversation with your potential future practice supervisor, but also that you were personable enough to be good with patients. My cliche advice is BE YOURSELF.

DAT: 22AA, 20TS, 25RC, 22PAT

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey, for those of you who interviewed already.. is there a writing portion of the supplement & if so, what does it ask?

how long is it supposed to be?
How ever long you want it to be. They give you 4-5 lines to write a response. You don't have to go into crazy detail. Just research what NYU had to offer and you should be good.

For the interview questions, what were some questions they asked? Also, did they bring up the application at all?

For the interview questions, what were some questions they asked? Also, did they bring up the application at all?
Every interviewer is different and will ask you different things. I didn't get asked about my application but I was asked about some college experiences and my family. If you google "dental school interview questions" and run through some out loud, you will probably be over prepared, so that's always good to do. Just relax and answer naturally- unscripted answers will sound better anyways :)

Got an interview invite.
Any suggestions for interview day? Any questions that I need to know?

Shout out to the lovely people who interviewed with me today! It was a pleasure meeting you all and I hope we all hear some awesome news in the coming weeks! Also, to the guys who hung out with me after the day ended, you're the true homies (you know who you are)!

Last edited:
Hi all, I've been lurking on this thread for a while. I have an interview on 2/3 (Friday), and I am planning on booking a flight that arrives at JFK at 5:50am. I know this is pushing it, but do you think it'll give me enough time to get to the school by 8am? How bad is traffic around this time?

Thanks!

Do you guys know when is the last day they're interviewing?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Just got accepted to Penn, will be declining my NYU acceptance good luck to all of you on the waitlist, I hope one of you hopeful applicants gets my seat!

Reactions: 6 users
Hi all, I've been lurking on this thread for a while. I have an interview on 2/3 (Friday), and I am planning on booking a flight that arrives at JFK at 5:50am. I know this is pushing it, but do you think it'll give me enough time to get to the school by 8am? How bad is traffic around this time?

Thanks!
No. Not at all. I HIGHLY discourage this. There can be a very large number of possibilities that can go wrong. Out of that number, you only need ONE delay to have you show up late to your interview. Showing up late will be very very bad.

Perspective: You are interviewing for a profession that costs hundreds of thousands, and will earn you millions. So spend the extra two hundred bucks to get an earlier flight so you can sure you get there on time.

Good luck!

Reactions: 3 users
Alright folks, I think some of you are thinking and preparing for the interviews wrong.
-Know the school!! This is key. Be honest about what you think is great about the school.
-Know your application. Make sure you are familiar with your own PS.
-Know yourself. You already know some of the most basic interview questions, so be ready for those. Be honest.

That's all you need to know. Do not go in there with a bunch of canned answers ready to go. The interviewers are way better at interviewing than you are; they can smell that stuff a mile away. So be able to hold a conversation. If you get asked a difficult question, stop, pause, think about it, and answer the best you possibly can. And give your honest answer, NOT the answer you THINK they want to hear. One of the purposes of the interview is a quick assessment of your character.

Be polite, respectful, and professional.

Oh and one more thing: Gentlemen, PLEASE learn the rules regarding how to wear your suits and proper button etiquette. Yes, it's actually a thing.

Anyway, good luck folks!

Has anyone who had an interview on or after 1/13 heard anything from the school yet?

Got an interview invite today! I'll be there Feb 2nd.

Reactions: 1 users
Aaaaannnnddd I got rejected ... just a few hours after I sent them a detailed letter of interest in an e-mail too. Ouch :(

3.3 GPA/21 AA/22 TS

No interview, but not rejected yet.

2.91 GPA / 20 AA / 18 TS

Livin on a prayer... :horns:

Reactions: 3 users

Thanks!
You'll barely make it to the school by 8AM. If at all possible, give yourself more time so you're not all stressed out. I live in Manhattan...

They said next batch of acceptances will be on the 1st at that point we will only have 15 days to decide with a deposit