***The Official NYU Class of 2021 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Did anyone that interviewed on Jan 19 hear back?

Members don't see this ad.

Does anyone know if more acceptances will be given out throughout the day. I interviewed Jan 19th and still haven't heard back
I wouldn't worry too much about it. NYU has the biggest class size and the highest CoA. I'm sure people would go elsewhere to save money.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm wondering if they are giving out acceptances based on interview date. Seems like they only got up to Jan 18th so far based on the last person who said they got accepted

Reactions: 4 users
At the interview, the associate dean did say anyway from feb 1st till 3rd so keep your head up!

Reactions: 1 user
Has anyone tried calling to find out if more acceptances will be sent out today

Reactions: 1 users
anyone who interviewed on January 26th hear back today???

Just called admissions and from what it sounds like the admissions officer told me they don't know if they will be sending out anymore acceptances today and to just expect something throughout this week.

If someone would like to call and get another opinion the number is 1212 998 9818

Members don't see this ad :)
Ya interviewed on the 19th!

I'd say we will hear by Friday. ~hopefully

I was really hoping for something today. This waiting process is such a drag. I even called admissions and didn't get a straight answer. I was told that they don't know if anything else will be sent out today but to expect something within the coming days. At this point waiting feels like torture

Interviewed Jan 19th. Accepted 2:15pm :)

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Accepted; interviewed 1/20. Will most likely decline the offer. Best of luck to you all!

Last edited:
really hope they send out decisions for later dates as well, this wait is killing me!

Accepted!! Just received the email. Interviewed 1/20. Best of luck!!

Accepted from 1/26 as well

ACCEPTED :) 1.26 Interview. today email at 4:53 pm!!!

Congrats to all those who got accepted today! I have an interview on this coming Friday. Does anyone have any idea what time the whole interview process ends? I'm trying to catch a bus to DC around 2 pm. Would this be too tight?

Congrats to all those who got accepted today! I have an interview on this coming Friday. Does anyone have any idea what time the whole interview process ends? I'm trying to catch a bus to DC around 2 pm. Would this be too tight?
1:30ish, i would try to push that back. Your bus is going to hit traffic anyway

My interview day ended around 12:30ish (includining tour), which is when we went to lunch (ended before 1:30). You have the option of leaving during lunch but if possible try to catch a later bus

Just now getting a "your application is under review/academic update" email. Anyone know about how long it takes to hear back after receiving that?

Just now getting a "your application is under review/academic update" email. Anyone know about how long it takes to hear back after receiving that?

I received it as well. But I already gave them academic update couple of weeks ago. So I think basically everyone who has not received a rejection letter would get one of these.

I received it as well. But I already gave them academic update couple of weeks ago. So I think basically everyone who has not received a rejection letter would get one of these.

Interesting. That email hasn't yet hit my inbox. My AU was only mailed out by AADSAS on 1/27 so maybe they haven't received it yet?

I got it too and I also did my update already through AADSAS. I hope it's a good sign :)

Are the waitlisted applicants supposed to get that too?

I got it too and I also did my update already through AADSAS. I hope it's a good sign :)
I got the e-mail as well. I'm hoping its a good sign since i have not received any interviews from any school this cycle.

I got the e-mail as well. I'm hoping its a good sign since i have not received any interviews from any school this cycle.
Never lose hope! I finally got accepted after 3 (maybe 4 lol) cycles.

Reactions: 2 users

Sent my academic update back in december but did not get this email. Hmmm :(