***The Official NYU Class of 2021 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Interview invite!!!
Had you already sent in your academic update? You received that e-mail and an interview invite the same day?

Members don't see this ad.

guys, what is your accepted letter like? just welcome to nyu college of dentistry community? also, when do we recieve our aid packages?

I got an interview for NYU! How is the overall interview? My stats:
DAT: 20 GPA: 3.48
Worked as a dental assistant and I have research experience

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad :)
I got an interview for NYU! How is the overall interview? My stats:
DAT: 20 GPA: 3.48
Worked as a dental assistant and I have research experience

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
My stats 3.4 GPA, 3.4 sGPA, 4.0 masters gpa, 20AA 20TS 24PAT 5 years dental assisting, oral cancer research. Interviewed 1/19. Accepted 2/1
My interviewer kept asking me to explain what caused the difference between my undergrad gpa and my masters gpa. Because i dental assisted, I was also asked a couple of procedures such a root canals, making alginates and dental casts and such. So if you assisted make sure you know all the common procedures and instruments. They tend to ask to make sure you arent fabricating your experience. Also at one point he kept telling me reasons why i shouldnt attend NYU such as cost of attending, large student body and wanted me to agree with him. This is clearly a test, and i stuck my ground and told him all of the genuine reasons why i want to attend. And he smiled and said good. Funny enough when i asked him what school he attended he said NYU. At the end of the interview he literally told me "ok pretend you are a car salesman, sell yourself to me". ALot of the questions seem straightforward but dont just give the typical responses, be yourself and speak genuinely. Remember you have only 15 minutes to show them who you are as a person outside of your application.This school interviews like 700 people so they def heard all of the cliche answers. Best piece of advice someone gave me was not to rehearse my lines, be myself, be genuine and youre golden. Good luck

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
Does anyone know if we can expect any waitlist movement now or is it more likely in April?

Does anyone know if we can expect any waitlist movement now or is it more likely in April?
From what i know, some of my friends who were waitlisted were told to expect movement anytime from the end of march all the way until a week before classes start. Just make sure you call every week or two to express interest. They place any communication you have with them in your file.

Reactions: 1 user
From what i know, some of my friends who were waitlisted were told to expect movement anytime from the end of march all the way until a week before classes start. Just make sure you call every week or two to express interest. They place any communication you have with them in your file.
Thanks for letting me know!

NYU admissions feeds off the calls of the waitlisted telling them what a great school they are.

Anyone who has interviewed at NYU, do you have any idea what was the name of the interviewer with email address [email protected] ? He told me his email address instead of giving his business card. And I forgot his exact name and tried to find it using the email address through Nyucd website but nothing comes up. I need to send a thank you email so please help me asap!! Thanks!!

Anyone who has interviewed at NYU, do you have any idea what was the name of the interviewer with email address [email protected] ? He told me his email address instead of giving his business card. And I forgot his exact name and tried to find it using the email address through Nyucd website but nothing comes up. I need to send a thank you email so please help me asap!! Thanks!!
I have no clue. I looked for a sarah. could it be sarah yoon kang? only sarah i found. Good luck.

Both of my interviewer's emails also had 3 letters corresponding to their initials if that helps?

My stats 3.4 GPA, 3.4 sGPA, 4.0 masters gpa, 20AA 20TS 24PAT 5 years dental assisting, oral cancer research. Interviewed 1/19. Accepted 2/1
My interviewer kept asking me to explain what caused the difference between my undergrad gpa and my masters gpa. Because i dental assisted, I was also asked a couple of procedures such a root canals, making alginates and dental casts and such. So if you assisted make sure you know all the common procedures and instruments. They tend to ask to make sure you arent fabricating your experience. Also at one point he kept telling me reasons why i shouldnt attend NYU such as cost of attending, large student body and wanted me to agree with him. This is clearly a test, and i stuck my ground and told him all of the genuine reasons why i want to attend. And he smiled and said good. Funny enough when i asked him what school he attended he said NYU. At the end of the interview he literally told me "ok pretend you are a car salesman, sell yourself to me". ALot of the questions seem straightforward but dont just give the typical responses, be yourself and speak genuinely. Remember you have only 15 minutes to show them who you are as a person outside of your application.This school interviews like 700 people so they def heard all of the cliche answers. Best piece of advice someone gave me was not to rehearse my lines, be myself, be genuine and youre golden. Good luck

This sounds like the guy that interviewed me!!! Was it Dr. Berkowitz??

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know the name of the interviewer who is an adjunct faculty and implant surgeon? He wasn't too old and had dark hair

Does anyone know if NYU accepts summer school English/Writing courses?

In general? Or the summer before the matriculation? I don't see a reason they wouldn't.
Either way the best answer would be directly from the school.

In general? Or the summer before the matriculation? I don't see a reason they wouldn't.
Either way the best answer would be directly from the school.
Just in gerneral! I took a writing course two summers ago and wondered if that would count.

And you're right I'll just call them to confirm

Just in gerneral! I took a writing course two summers ago and wondered if that would count.

And you're right I'll just call them to confirm
It should count for the summer semester.

Any idea how many students in the group are actually 2021 ? trying to figure out roughly how many seats are still available at this point, thank you
That's not a good way to gauge. The group is open so there are all kinds of people in there, not just those who have been accepted and plan to attend.

scheduled my interview on monday the 13th. Anyone same day??

Anyone has interview tomorrow?

@Habiba91-- AADSAS mailed mine out on 1/11 and i heard back from nyu I think maybe two weeks later. Got an interview invite today.

Reactions: 1 users
Thanks a bunch. I'm certain you'll hear back soon. There's definitely no particular order in which they review the applications. I bet its all randomized... they picked a random batch and just go through those and send invites.

grats. were there any interview days available for this week?
And if i may, what were your stats like?
Thanks and congrats to you too! There were no dates for this week. When is yours?

So I was just told that Dr. Mejia has my file. Does anyone know if that is a good thing or bad thing? Lol thanks in advance

So I was just told that Dr. Mejia has my file. Does anyone know if that is a good thing or bad thing? Lol thanks in advance
Did you call office to find that out?

If would guess it's a good thing. It's better than her NOT having your file IMO...
Best of luck to you! I hope you get that acceptance!

Yes and I was told that
And they refuse to tell you what Dr.Mejia have your file for? It's surprising to know that they are well known of every details of your status, but they kind want hang up on me everytime I bring up the topic`:(

And they refuse to tell you what Dr.Mejia have your file for? It's surprising to know that they are well known of every details of your status, but they kind want hang up on me everytime I bring up the topic`:(
Have you asked about your status?

Yes, always the guy who pick up the phone and tell me that I have to wait.
It's ok, I guess patience is key. I think they just got annoyed at me. I have been calling and emailing like non-stop lol

Dude. She's the dean of admissions, and she has her application for admission. Why else would she have her file?

I know it is a VERY nerve-wracking process, but have faith and wish for the best.

Dude. She's the dean of admissions, and she has her application for admission. Why else would she have her file?

I know it is a VERY nerve-wracking process, but have faith and wish for the best.
You're giving me so much hope lol thank you I needed it

If you guys don't mind me asking
With whom did you had interview? And how were day?

If you guys don't mind me asking
With whom did you had interview? And how were day?
I'm not sure who you were addressing but I interviewed with Dr. James LoPresti and it was very relaxed. We talked about my home country lol. And everyone I interviewed with was super nice

I'm not sure who you were addressing but I interviewed with Dr. James LoPresti and it was very relaxed. We talked about my home country lol. And everyone I interviewed with was super nice
I meant anyone. Because I will have my interview tomorrow

Anyone interviewing Thursday? Good luck commuting through the snow storm.