***The Official NYU Class of 2021 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Congrats! Did you ever contact dr Mejia directly?
Thank you! I emailed her once expressing interest and she answered. I also attempting to call her but one of the admissions officer said she was busy

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
Accepted off the waitlist yesterday at 9 am :) However, Dr. Mejia said waitlist movement will officially begin March 20th

Yay! So happy for you :D

Reactions: 1 user
Thank you! I emailed her once expressing interest and she answered. I also attempting to call her but one of the admissions officer said she was busy
I am glad my advice helped you out and paid off. Best of luck and enjoy the enormous debt. ;)

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi! I was wondering what any of you guys would suggest on how to go about asking if they are still doing interviews? I was late in applying, but have not been denied or interviewed yet!

Hi! I was wondering what any of you guys would suggest on how to go about asking if they are still doing interviews? I was late in applying, but have not been denied or interviewed yet!
Definately call them, this is what I did, idk about sending an email..

When you send an update, you are supposed to get a confirmation email saying they updated your application file.

I sent an update through AADSAS in January and never got a confirmation email. Cheers!

Members don't see this ad :)
You email them directly, NYU does not use aadsas portal lol....

Whether we emailed NYU or not, they still know that we submitted an academic update through aadsas though right?

You email them directly, NYU does not use aadsas portal lol....

Apparently they can still receive the AU from AADSAS because I emailed them last week and they finally responded saying that they had received it... but I still never got the confirmation email that everyone else seems to have recieved.

Dr. Mejia's personal email address is: [email protected]
She is EXTREMELY sweet

Also, email academic updates to the admissions email directly because it shows you care about the school. They don't really care about AADSAS. Plus the AADSAS AU is only for grades. You should tell them about shadowing, research, etc. updates.

Within 1 to 2 days you should receive an email confirmation saying:

Dear [Name],

Thank you for your message and for your interest in NYU Dentistry. I have added your update to your application for review. Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Sincerely,
[Admissions Officer]

OR

Thank you for your message and for your continued interest in NYU Dentistry. I have added your update to your application for review. We will continue to review the wait list throughout the next several months. We do not rank the wait list but return to it and review applicants as we are able. The best thing to do is to email us with any updates, which may include current grades, additional extracurricular experiences, or other items you wish to share with us.
I have added a note of your interest to your file. Let us know if you have any further questions and please keep in touch!
Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Reactions: 2 users
Apparently they can still receive the AU from AADSAS because I emailed them last week and they finally responded saying that they had received it... but I still never got the confirmation email that everyone else seems to have recieved.
Please see above post

Just turned down an offer here. I was part of the February 1st acceptance wave and had to put in my deposit by the deadline tomorrow, February 15th, for those that care.

I need help with something. So I am a broke college student and my parents do not have money at the moment so does anyone have any idea what is the best option for me to pay the 2 deposits (totaling $5000). Should I get a private loan? Should I open up a new credit card? Also, my credit score is not the best. Thank you in advance for helping a struggling soul

Reactions: 1 users
I need help with something. So I am a broke college student and my parents do not have money at the moment so does anyone have any idea what is the best option for me to pay the 2 deposits (totaling $5000). Should I get a private loan? Should I open up a new credit card? Also, my credit score is not the best. Thank you in advance for helping a struggling soul

Do you work at the moment? If not, then you can try selling a kidney. I heard they are going for a hefty price.

If you can't afford the deposit, then what makes you think you can pay off the student loans in a short amountil of time?

On a serious matter... If you somehow have 850 dollars, then I try my darn hardest to buy 2 glycine golden eye watches off mass drop's website. They are authenic limited edition watches that retail for 1500 dollars each. You can easily sell them for 900-1000 dollars on reputable and authentic watch websites such as chrono24 and jomashop (or even ebay that is a gray area).

I managed to buy 1 the first hour it was released on mass drop's website. I am already on my way to 600-1000 dollars profit. And yes I collect watches as a hobby.

Attachments

• 2017-02-15 15.04.54.png
    2017-02-15 15.04.54.png
    126.8 KB · Views: 73
Howd you feel about your interview? I have one on Friday. Nervous!
I thought they all loved me, maybe I just wasn't as qualified as other applicants idk. My interviewer literally told me to talk about myself and never asked more than a few questions. Although, my interview lasted about 30+ minutes and everyone else had a 15 min one

Do you work at the moment? If not, then you can try selling a kidney. I heard they are going for a hefty price.

If you can't afford the deposit, then what makes you think you can pay off the student loans in a short amountil of time?

On a serious matter... If you somehow have 850 dollars, then I try my darn hardest to buy 2 glycine golden eye watches off mass drop's website. They are authenic limited edition watches that retail for 1500 dollars each. You can easily sell them for 900-1000 dollars on reputable and authentic watch websites such as chrono24 and jomashop (or even ebay that is a gray area).

I managed to buy 1 the first hour it was released on mass drop's website. I am already on my way to 600-1000 dollars profit. And yes I collect watches as a hobby.

I never implied that I will pay off my student loans in a short amount of time. There really is no need to put me down like that. I was asking a serious question. My parents filed for bankruptcy so I don't have $5000 at the moment but I will have money in the future to pay back my student loans in a timely manner. Thank you for your concern.

I thought they all loved me, maybe I just wasn't as qualified as other applicants idk. My interviewer literally told me to talk about myself and never asked more than a few questions. Although, my interview lasted about 30+ minutes and everyone else had a 15 min one

Do you remember the name of the person who interviewed you??

I never implied that I will pay off my student loans in a short amount of time. There really is no need to put me down like that. I was asking a serious question. My parents filed for bankruptcy so I don't have $5000 at the moment but I will have money in the future to pay back my student loans in a timely manner. Thank you for your concern.
Try to reach out to some relatives who are financially stable and ask if you can borrow 5000 dollars.

Your last resort is definitely not a credit card with 15-30% interest rates. Trust me it's not pretty, I lend consolidated loans at 12-20% to many people who can't afford to pay off their credit cards.

Taking out a loan from a bank usually starts at 9-11% with decent credit scores. You would need a co-signer or put something up as collateral like a house or car to lower the interest rates.

Declining my offer today- good luck everyone!