***The Official NYU Class of 2021 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Hi is there any fourth year students here on this thread that are leaving and know of any apartments close to the school for the new d1 students?

Members don't see this ad.

Hi is there any fourth year students here on this thread that are leaving and know of any apartments close to the school for the new d1 students?
You're best bet is probably the facebook groups. You can also try contacting Stuy Town or Waterside Plaza directly.

Hi everyone!

I have been getting a ton of DMs about getting off the waitlist so I decided to share with everyone! I interviewed on 12/12 and got waitlisted a week later via email. I got off the waitlist 2/10 via a phone call from Dr. Mejia. Here are the keys to getting off the dreaded waitlist:

1. EMAIL UPDATES (grades, Dean's List letter, new shadowing hours). This is a must. Email to the dental admissions email.

2. EXPRESS INTEREST IN THE SCHOOL. This is HUGE!! When Dr. Mejia called me she told me she is only going to offer me a spot if I would definitely enroll since the cycle is coming to an end and she doesn't want to waste spots. So make sure you emphasize that this is your number 1 choice (only if it really is though). You can also email Dr. Mejia stating this is your top choice.

3. Waitlist will begin to be reviewed end of March, early April. To my understanding, no one else has gotten off the waitlist so far so don't fret.

4. Realize that your grades aren't the biggest hindrance. You got an interview so you were appealing to the school. At my interview, my interviewer told me that if I got an interview, I had the grades for dental school. So keep that in mind. Don't give up. Don't lose hope.

ASK ME QUESTIONS!! I want to help and I know the feeling. Try to ask questions via this forum instead of DMs so everyone can see the responses (unless of course you have a personal question). Good luck :)
Hi! How often is too often to email schools you were waitlisted at? As of now, I email once a month.

Members don't see this ad :)
anyone how much of the class has been filled so far? how many people are in the accepted students facebook group?

anyone how much of the class has been filled so far? how many people are in the accepted students facebook group?
I would assume 90%+ of the seats have been accounted for.

Facebook group member count is never a good indicator because practically anyone can request to join

I would assume 90%+ of the seats have been accounted for.

Facebook group member count is never a good indicator because practically anyone can request to join

Why would you assume this... ?

Reactions: 1 user
Why would you assume this... ?
Well, they have been interviewing for what... 6 months now? And there is maybe 2-3 more weeks of interviewing they will conduct. We're essentially at the end which leads me to believe they have filled up most of the class.

April-August is just time for movement. Time to see if anyone accepted decides to attend another school. So that's when the majority of the wait list movement will occur.

Well, they have been interviewing for what... 6 months now? And there is maybe 2-3 more weeks of interviewing they will conduct. We're essentially at the end which leads me to believe they have filled up most of the class.

April-August is just time for movement. Time to see if anyone accepted decides to attend another school. So that's when the majority of the wait list movement will occur.
This man is right, and I doubt waitlist will have any significant movement this year. Each year the applicant pool is getting more competitive and NYU is extremely competitive these days. Most students who are accepted to NYU won't be attending any other school, especially this year.

@Nvb2020 But hey, I'm in no way trying to discourage anyone. The fact that we received interview invitations in February indicates that there are still seats remaining to be filled. Wishing you nothing but the best. I'm just trying to convey what I believe is our predicament-- we're vying for very limited remaining seats. Hopefully we can be classmates. Good luck.

Reactions: 1 users
waitlisted 20 minutes ago. Interviewed 2/17.
GPA: 3.45 / AA: 21 /SA: 22
thousand hours of shadowing/dental assisting
Undergrad researcher (1 year)
Asian American / Residence: California

Previous interviews: Tufts (accepted), Touro (accepted), USC (waitlisted), Western U (declined invitation), Lecom (declined invitation)

waitlisted 20 minutes ago. Interviewed 2/17.
GPA: 3.45 / AA: 21 /SA: 22
thousand hours of shadowing/dental assisting
Undergrad researcher (1 year)
Asian American / Residence: California

Previous interviews: Tufts (accepted), Touro (accepted), USC (waitlisted), Western U (declined invitation), Lecom (declined invitation)
Thank you very much for sharing. Best of luck wherever you choose to attend.

Members don't see this ad :)
Accepted this morning around 9:30am PST!!!
Interviewed 2/16
GPA: 3.44 / AA: 21 / TS: 22 / PA: 19
Canadian

Reactions: 6 users
Haha I TOLD YOU! When did you interview??

Feb 17th! This is my first acceptance and my top choice so I'm over the moon.

Good luck to everyone still waiting! This was my second time applying. Be patient!

Reactions: 7 users
Waitlisted. Interviewed 2/16. Hopefully the battle is not over, really wished for an acceptance from here. Sucks.

Hey for those of you guys who interviewed last week, do you remember when Dr. Mejia said we would be hearing back? I vaguely recall her informing us no later than this Friday. Would appreciate if someone can confirm this.

Hey for those of you guys who interviewed last week, do you remember when Dr. Mejia said we would be hearing back? I vaguely recall her informing us no later than this Friday. Would appreciate if someone can confirm this.
I think you're right. Either by this Friday or the following Monday.... I THINK

I will be declining my acceptance here unfortunately. Good luck to everyone else! I have a question: would I email Dr.Mejia in order to drop my seat?

Reactions: 1 users
I will be declining my acceptance here unfortunately. Good luck to everyone else! I have a question: would I email Dr.Mejia in order to drop my seat?

The admissions office is fine.

Reactions: 1 user
got my acceptance email 15 min ago!!! :)

Reactions: 5 users
Accepted. Interviewed 2/23.

Reactions: 9 users
Today at 3:10 pm EST. Please feel free to pm me with any questions. I am a second time applicant. So I've been through the whole wait list ordeal as well.

Reactions: 4 users
Accepted today! :banana::soexcited:

Do you all think NYU is done giving out acceptances for end of February interviews? I interviewed 2/23 and haven't heard back. I'm kind of assuming I'm on the waitlist and I'll be notified tomorrow...

Do you all think NYU is done giving out acceptances for end of February interviews? I interviewed 2/23 and haven't heard back. I'm kind of assuming I'm on the waitlist and I'll be notified tomorrow...
They may be making additional deliberations. I wouldn't rule anything out. Good luck!

Reactions: 2 users
For those recently admitted, how are we supposed to know when the first deposit is due if we are still waiting for the admissions packet to arrive in the mail?

for those who were recently accepted are you guys going to enroll here at NYU?

Has anyone that interviewed last week get waitlisted?

Got that "still interested" email last midnight. So who is this admissions committee. So just addission people or including some facilities?

Got that "still interested" email last midnight. So who is this admissions committee. So just addission people or including some facilities?

Probably goes straight to Dr Mejia to start diving into their humongous waitlist pool.

So i interviewed last week, and still havent heard back, should i assume i got rejected

So i interviewed last week, and still havent heard back, should i assume i got rejected
To my knowledge, they do not reject students who have interviewed---Unless you absolutely bombed the interview (which I doubt). Why do I assume this? I am speaking from my experience on the wait list last application cycle. Good luck!

To my knowledge, they do not reject students who have interviewed---Unless you absolutely bombed the interview (which I doubt). Why do I assume this? I am speaking from my experience on the wait list last application cycle. Good luck!

lol cause i havent heard back. this is my third time applying waitlisted last two cycles

I got an email last week asking if I was still interested in NYU. Basically asking "If admitted from the waitlist, will you enroll in NYU?". I'll reply later declining my interest. Good luck.

When did you submit your academic update?
Sent it Feb 3 but I had no new changes asides from telling them I am not taking a planned English class from Fall after they exempted me from it a while back in the summer.

congrats what dates were you given
They only had March 15th available. I was advised to give a call back end of week to see if the posibility of March 27 will open up. If end of March isn't available, then I have to give up my slot due to financial conflicts for this last minute flight and visit New York in the future instead.