***The Official NYU Class of 2021 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

any receive any updates from the school? any info im sure would be appreciated by fellow SDNers. Also what is the best way to keep in contact with NYU? should we be using the admissions email or should we email Dr. Mejia directly? Pls help

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
yes believe so until the last week of march

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Is the school still giving out interviews ?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
I keep calling them every other week asking the same question even though i know the answer just hoping i'll speak to someone a bit friendlier than the one lady who always picks up and says two words before hanging up.

I keep calling them every other week asking the same question even though i know the answer just hoping i'll speak to someone a bit friendlier than the one lady who always picks up and says two words before hanging up.

Yea I did that as well. Let's hope we get good news soon!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

At this point, I think it would be more beneficial if you guys sent in a letter of interest. State why you want to be at NYU, what you have been doing to achieve this goal, and how you feel you would contribute to the NYU community. I think a well thought-out written letter of interest would do so much for your chances than calling every other week asking if they are still interviewing. Best of luck guys!! Keep your heads up and let me know if you have any questions.

Reactions: 3 users
Received interview invite on 03/07 at 10:36 AM PST.
Called admissions on 03/08 at 4:30 PM EST.
Only available interview date: 03/27.

He said that 03/27 would likely be the last interview day, but he didn't seem 100% confident about that. I didn't actually ask him anything other than when I could schedule an interview. He just volunteered that "last day" information. This is my first and only interview (so far). I'm not even excited. I'm just focused on doing my best. :thumbup:
Already spoke to Neyda Lopez multiple times pre-december, NYU interviews towards the end of March. They wont interview in April, so I would hate to waste the desperate applicants' time. Start preparing for the worst, reapplying, if you haven't received an interview invite yet.

Received interview invite on 03/07 at 10:36 AM PST.
Called admissions on 03/08 at 4:30 PM EST.
Only available interview date: 03/27.

He said that 03/27 would likely be the last interview day, but he didn't seem 100% confident about that. I didn't actually ask him anything other than when I could schedule an interview. He just volunteered that "last day" information. This is my first and only interview (so far). I'm not even excited. I'm just focused on doing my best. :thumbup:

I was told to call back by end of week to see if 3-27 would open and seeing that you said it is I am going to call tomorrow morning to switch.

any receive any updates from the school? any info im sure would be appreciated by fellow SDNers. Also what is the best way to keep in contact with NYU? should we be using the admissions email or should we email Dr. Mejia directly? Pls help

There is a lot of movement for nyu so keep your head up everyone!

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
@cyclohexane101
I think he was referring to news about the first round of interview invites ... back in July lol

To admitted applicants: Do you guys know what GPA NYU wants us to maintain if we are in a Masters program?

i saw some posts in this thread of people being pulled off the waitlist already but every time I speak with the admissions office I'm told no one has been accepting off the waitlist. So can we get to the bottom of this? whos lying the people on SDN or the admissions people?

i saw some posts in this thread of people being pulled off the waitlist already but every time I speak with the admissions office I'm told no one has been accepting off the waitlist. So can we get to the bottom of this? whos lying the people on SDN or the admissions people?

Well who do you trust, random people online or the source itself?

When I called just 2 weeks ago they told me that they haven't even looked at the waitlist yet.

there a lot of misinformation i believe because when I spoke to dr. mejia in Jan she said the waitlist is always moving and then I spoke with an admissions officer a month or so later and she said they waitlist hasnt moved yet -- I wonder y the same office is not on the same page -- whole process is just so confusing and draining. Does anyone have any additional insight on how much the waitlist moves? (judging by prior class years). from what I've gathered by looking on SDN -- id wager about 10-15 kids get off the waitlist.

I know of 10 people who are Turning down NYU alone. Far more than a 10-15 get off the waitlist. Be patient.

I know of 10 people who are Turning down NYU alone. Far more than a 10-15 get off the waitlist. Be patient.
. small tidbits of info like this giving me life to continue! Thank you likkriue!

Gave up my spot today. Very difficult decision - but it was purely financial. Hope someone from here gets my spot!

Reactions: 5 users
How many people still waiting for the waitlist movement? Let's cheer up and hope for the good thing to happen

Reactions: 2 users
So waitlisted applicants may hear back starting 2 weeks from today?

who here received that waitlist questionnaire recently? pls respond

I got rejected here w/o interview the other week. Good luck everyone!

I got an email last week asking if I was still interested in NYU. Basically asking "If admitted from the waitlist, will you enroll in NYU?". I'll reply later declining my interest. Good luck.
they even asked "where are you going since you declined us?" lol

I should reply, "check back April 1"

@cyclohexane101 Dude you need to chill. Quit spamming the thread lol. Dr. Mejia even told us to be patient. April 1st is when they learn of students holding multiple seats. So let them process everything first.