***The Official NYU College of Dentistry C/O 2022 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

The first time I applied to dental schools i applied with DAT 17 and 2.8 science GPA. overal gpa 3.55 didnt get an interview from any of the 12 schools.

The second time (last cycle) i applied with a DAT of 20, 22 on each science, 16 on math, 3.2 science gpa..overal gpa 3.55. yet no interviews

now I am deciding to reapply without retaking the dat for the third time.. I am just confused why i didnt recieve a single interview on the second time i applied. any advice would help!!

thank you
Hey just looked at this, that is weird that you did not get any interviews, try talking to some admissions rep or dean, hopefully they could give you some good advice. Although, if they tell you to raise you gpa and dat, I would find it a bit ridiculous to be honest. However, at least your not in my position, I have been dental schools side B+%$f for the past 4 cycles hahahaha

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Anyone got there FAFSA package, thought they staying sending them in May.

Hi I am a D4 at NYUCD. Anyone who is thinking about living in Peter cooper or Stuytown, shoot me a message and I can refer them, they have a referral program and we can both get up to 1000 dollars off of rent. It's an easy way to save some money especially in NY where everything is expensive. Feel free to also message me questions about the program and anything else.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey all! I withdrew from NYU on May 25th because I got accepted to my state school and 1st choice the day before that. Just wanted to give you all a heads up. Best of luck!

Reactions: 2 users
O man it’s actually going to move!

Reactions: 1 user
Anyone got there FAFSA package, thought they staying sending them in May.

Hey Baii, I didn't get anything yet either. I was hearing whispers of around June? Maybe I am wrong. I might email or call the financial office to check.

Hey guys any recent acceptances? I am officially tired of waiting

4th time waitlisted and I’m officially about to loose it

I continued my research and pursued an externship at a oral surgery deppartment. God it just doesn’t feel fair anymore

Over a period of 4 attempts, I don't think that constitutes enough change. I don't want to be the bearer of bad news, but I don't think it will be enough. You should do more outreach, volunteer work, community service, AND maybe consider masters with a linkage (strong connections) to a dental school. Continuity is always a good thing my friend, but you need change sometimes to bring you up to the level the adcoms expects of you. Complaining about how unfair the process never hurts, BUT you gotta hustle and grind if you want this bad. And I hope I am not hurting your feelings but just telling you the straight truth.

Members don't see this ad :)
Over a period of 4 attempts, I don't think that constitutes enough change. I don't want to be the bearer of bad news, but I don't think it will be enough. You should do more outreach, volunteer work, community service, AND maybe consider masters with a linkage (strong connections) to a dental school. Continuity is always a good thing my friend, but you need change sometimes to bring you up to the level the adcoms expects of you. Complaining about how unfair the process never hurts, BUT you gotta hustle and grind if you want this bad. And I hope I am not hurting your feelings but just telling you the straight truth.
Dude screw it I give in, my situation was a bit different trust me.

Do I still have any chance if I am still waitlisted at this point...:(

Do I still have any chance if I am still waitlisted at this point...:(
Same feeling. I asked and they said we could be accepted off the waitlist up until August but I’m going to reapply just in case.

Same feeling. I asked and they said we could be accepted off the waitlist up until August but I’m going to reapply just in case.
Yeah, I am going to reapply as well...The waitlist movement is very unpredictable

I would suggest reapplying. Just make sure you have improved from the last cycle (EC, LOR, GPA or DAT) then brush up on your interviewing and networking. The most important thing I can tell you is to never give up and to continue to improve! Good luck you guys!

Reactions: 1 users
Hey guys just as a heads up, last year I got rejected around next week. I know that doesn’t mean anything, but as you guys know these things run in cycles.

Hi Guys! I am currently a D4 at NYUCD! I know some of you must have questions about the waitlist or NYU in general. Please feel free to reach out to me. I was also waitlisted during the summer and I can share with you what steps I took in order to get off of the waitlist. In addition, to those who have already been accepted and are looking for a place to stay (preferably female), I have a room that will be available early August and it is right across the school (2 minute walk)! Good luck guys!

Reactions: 1 users
For those of you starting in co 2022, what did you have to do for the background check? Do we have to register somewhere?

For those of you starting in co 2022, what did you have to do for the background check? Do we have to register somewhere?
I haven't received any instructions for it. Am I missing something?

It says in our welcome letter that we will be background checked during orientation week!

anyone received any information regarding merit scholarship? Admission said that they will send out in June. Haven’t received anything so far?

anyone received any information regarding merit scholarship? Admission said that they will send out in June. Haven’t received anything so far?
There are merit scholarships from nyucd??? Does anyone know how many/how much they give out?

Does anyone know if NYU uses physical books. if not, what software do they use? asking because I'm wondering how far a chromebook can take me.

Does anyone know if NYU uses physical books. if not, what software do they use? asking because I'm wondering how far a Chromebook can take me.

I think the stats for a laptop are 8 GB ram and at least 100 GB of space for storage? I might be wrong, but I feel that if you have that you should be set. We use electronic books and I believe the programs we use are listed on the welcome website!

I continued my research and pursued an externship at a oral surgery deppartment. God it just doesn’t feel fair anymore
be thankful. use this as an opportunity to get into a cheaper school. i just finished a whole year's worth of loan repayment and it's absolutely miserable. your seemingly comfortable 6 figure salary will be eaten away by loan payments that just don't end.

be thankful. use this as an opportunity to get into a cheaper school. i just finished a whole year's worth of loan repayment and it's absolutely miserable. your seemingly comfortable 6 figure salary will be eaten away by loan payments that just don't end.

Question. Looking at your posts you said you were accepted at Temple. Temple's tuition for OOS is significantly cheaper than NYU. Why didn't you go with Temple then if cost was such a big deal? surely you knew how much NYU was going to cost before accepting their offer right?

Ok I’ll pm u about this

Is anyone here interested in pursuing residency and research with possibly going into academic dentistry and medicine. I think I’m a odd ball here

Question. Looking at your posts you said you were accepted at Temple. Temple's tuition for OOS is significantly cheaper than NYU. Why didn't you go with Temple then if cost was such a big deal? surely you knew how much NYU was going to cost before accepting their offer right?
it was given a scholarship at NYU, and with other factors it was more or less the same

Hey guys I am a current student at NYUCD and was in the same shoe during my application cycle, so feel free to reach out to me if you have any questions regarding a waitlist, school curriculum, housing, etc. I know a few ppl who were accepted the very last minute during the past cycles, so don't lose hope and don't forget to send updates to Dr. Mejia and your admission officer.

has anyone heard back on a rejection after being waitlisted yet?

No. Did you?
No, I just want this to end dude, it’s almost like the committee is tenderizing us. Couple of nights ago I had a dream I was in dental school at NYU, only to wake up and realize how badly this sucks hahahahahaah!

Keep trying folks. If you dont get it this year, you WILL get it next year as long as you keep trying.

Keep trying folks. If you dont get it this year, you WILL get it next year as long as you keep trying.
Lol I thought that of last year when they waitlisted me. But then they just waitlisted me again.

Wouldn't it be in the best interests, for people who got rejected and maybe even to those who got accepted to this school, to apply again next cycle and get into an extremely cheaper school? Retake the DAT, do more to strengthen your application, etc to have a good shot at another school because this school is super expensive and taking another year to apply might save money in the long run. I just can't fathom how expensive this school is and then the saturation of dentists in NYC.'

I'm not trying to troll but just want an understanding from those who made the decision to matriculate to this school.

Wouldn't it be in the best interests, for people who got rejected and maybe even to those who got accepted to this school, to apply again next cycle and get into an extremely cheaper school? Retake the DAT, do more to strengthen your application, etc to have a good shot at another school because this school is super expensive and taking another year to apply might save money in the long run. I just can't fathom how expensive this school is and then the saturation of dentists in NYC.'

I'm not trying to troll but just want an understanding from those who made the decision to matriculate to this school.
Why yes it would, my state school is into me for next year. However, I just wanna start now, because I don’t wanna spend another year off. If I did get accepted to my state school next year, I would prefer just going to nyu this year even though I would save 200,000 grand. Idk maybe I’m just an odd ball, that just wants to go back to school so bad.

Why yes it would, my state school is into me for next year. However, I just wanna start now, because I don’t wanna spend another year off. If I did get accepted to my state school next year, I would prefer just going to nyu this year even though I would save 200,000 grand. Idk maybe I’m just an odd ball, that just wants to go back to school so bad.
I understand the urge to go back to school but I feel like doing that for 200k isn't worth it. You can do some productive stuff within that year, 200k is an insane amount of money. If the difference was 50K I could see it, but 200K is crazy money. This is not a wise decision.

I understand the urge to go back to school but I feel like doing that for 200k isn't worth it. You can do some productive stuff within that year, 200k is an insane amount of money. If the difference was 50K I could see it, but 200K is crazy money. This is not a wise decision.
Yes I know, but the anxiety of re-appplying and possible depression of being screwed over again is too much for me.

Yes I know, but the anxiety of re-appplying and possible depression of being screwed over again is too much for me.
I realize that, but going more than half a mill in debt will surely result in anxiety, possible depression, and a huge burden on you. If your in-state school is in to you then why not try again.

I realize that, but going more than half a mill in debt will surely result in anxiety, possible depression, and a huge burden on you. If your in-state school is in to you then why not try again.

Dude seriously forget the loan, they just need to accept me....

Did anyone else receive a call from Dr. Mejia about the waitlist?

Nope, what did she say?
That they’re reviewing the waitlist to see if we’re still active and haven’t chosen to attend elsewhere because tuition is due soon and if a spot happens to open up they will notify.

That they’re reviewing the waitlist to see if we’re still active and haven’t chosen to attend elsewhere because tuition is due soon and if a spot happens to open up they will notify.
I see! That means you still have a shot! Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.