***The Official NYU College of Dentistry C/O 2022 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Me!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I only receive automatic response when I send to the general admission email

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Try emailing your interviewers/Dr. Mejia!

Reactions: 1 user
I emailed my interviewer and Dr. Mejia. Still no response.
Don't stress out too much about it. Dr. Mejia only responded to me once and that was after my interview letting me know I got waitlisted. I only kept in contact with my adcom interviewer and even she is really busy, so I didn't get many responses from her.

Don't stress out too much about it. Dr. Mejia only responded to me once and that was after my interview letting me know I got waitlisted. I only kept in contact with my adcom interviewer and even she is really busy, so I didn't get many responses from her.

I hope that's the case!

Members don't see this ad :)
Will be turning down my acceptance here as I got into another school that I prefer. Hope one of you gets it and best of luck!

Reactions: 2 users
So like is the waitlist moving

I’m debating on if I should reapply... I’ve been on the waitlist for about three months now.. I’m starting to lose hope......
Any suggestion for me?

I’m debating on if I should reapply... I’ve been on the waitlist for about three months now.. I’m starting to lose hope......
Any suggestion for me?

I am going to reapply..just in case it doesn’t work out this year..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Any suggestion for me?
I am planing to reapply soon. I am wait-listed two dental schools but I will wait for those schools until I receive official rejection.
Just go ahead and apply other dental schools except the ones that wait-listed you.
Also make sure you modify PS, recommendation letters if you are getting from the same DDS or professor.
Because they have access to previous application and they do not want you unless you have a huge improvement.

Accepted off the waitlist may 10th. Good luck to the rest.

Reactions: 1 users
Interviewed 4/6 and waitlisted 4/9. Just got accepted on 5/10

Does anyone know how the admissions committee reviews the waitlist? I got on the waitlist in February but so many people waitlisted after me have been accepted already...... Do they review based on DAT scores maybe? For example, they might start by reviewing the 21 DAT’s then the 20 DAT’s and so forth.

Does anyone know how the admissions committee reviews the waitlist? I got on the waitlist in February but so many people waitlisted after me have been accepted already...... Do they review based on DAT scores maybe? For example, they might start by reviewing the 21 DAT’s then the 20 DAT’s and so forth.
Numbers are only a fraction of the equation. They look for people who can complete the class.

Last edited by a moderator:
Interviewed 4/6 and got accepted today!!!! Will be attending! Let the search for a roommate begin......

Hey guys! Has anyone filled out the application for the Direct Graduate PLUS loan yet? Or are we supposed to wait for them to give us instructions?

Hey guys! Has anyone filled out the application for the Direct Graduate PLUS loan yet? Or are we supposed to wait for them to give us instructions?
I just filled out fafsa and is there anything else I need to fill out?

So guys as a fourth time applicant, and still waitlisted, I feel torn by the heart right now

I hope you get accepted soon!!! dont lose hope, ppl get in these days too
I drove there and liked starting tearing after meeting, lol the said to try to improve my application and by now I’m just like done of it. Sorry could only go so far I guess lol

I drove there and liked starting tearing after meeting, lol the said to try to improve my application and by now I’m just like done of it. Sorry could only go so far I guess lol
:( I hope you get in. I am also on the waitlist and haven’t heard back for months. :(( But don’t give up and stay positive! They keep accepting people all the way until school starts. So don’t lose hope!!

:( I hope you get in. I am also on the waitlist and haven’t heard back for months. :(( But don’t give up and stay positive! They keep accepting people all the way until school starts. So don’t lose hope!!
Yea but when I spoke to them, they kept telling me to improve on my application and I simply dont know what to do. I could do a masters but honestly in my heart I really dont want to do it. Its very easy for them to say to do something but it ends up becoming a burden for me as the loans would keep pilling and I simply dont want to risk a further debt in which there is uncertainty in terms of admissions

Any suggestions at how I should burn off the next year lol

Has anyone waitlisted been called by admissions recently regarding application updates and whether they are still interested in attending? I received a call this weekend.

Has anyone waitlisted been called by admissions recently regarding application updates and whether they are still interested in attending? I received a call this weekend.
Lucky looks like your next on the list hahaha

Lucky looks like your next on the list hahaha

That wasn't quite my impression. I think they were just unsure of whether I was still interested in attending and didn't want to waste time reviewing my application if that wasn't the case. Was just wondering if others were contacted as well before a decision was made regarding their application.

That wasn't quite my impression. I think they were just unsure of whether I was still interested in attending and didn't want to waste time reviewing my application if that wasn't the case. Was just wondering if others were contacted as well before a decision was made regarding their application.
Have you send any updates to them recently?

My impression is that they would accept you if you tell them you want to go. They only give acceptances at this point if they are 100% sure you will take it.

If you dont wanna go, I could pm you my name and you could just refer me. Lol I would go in a heartbeat

Hello,

The first time I applied to dental schools i applied with DAT 17 and 2.8 science GPA. overal gpa 3.55 didnt get an interview from any of the 12 schools.

The second time (last cycle) i applied with a DAT of 20, 22 on each science, 16 on math, 3.2 science gpa..overal gpa 3.55. yet no interviews

now I am deciding to reapply without retaking the dat for the third time.. I am just confused why i didnt recieve a single interview on the second time i applied. any advice would help!!

thank you

Hello,

The first time I applied to dental schools i applied with DAT 17 and 2.8 science GPA. overal gpa 3.55 didnt get an interview from any of the 12 schools.

The second time (last cycle) i applied with a DAT of 20, 22 on each science, 16 on math, 3.2 science gpa..overal gpa 3.55. yet no interviews

now I am deciding to reapply without retaking the dat for the third time.. I am just confused why i didnt recieve a single interview on the second time i applied. any advice would help!!

thank you
How did your science GPA go up but your overall didn't change?

Have you send any updates to them recently?

Yes, I've been sending updates every two weeks or so, which is why it caught me off guard when I received a call to ask if I was still interested and if they were my first choice.

My impression is that they would accept you if you tell them you want to go. They only give acceptances at this point if they are 100% sure you will take it.

No, I completely understand. Fingers crossed!

If you dont wanna go, I could pm you my name and you could just refer me. Lol I would go in a heartbeat

I've read your earlier messages and we're sort of in the same awful boat :(. This is not my first time applying and I as well am contemplating a masters--after putting it off due to not wanting to accrue too much dept--if I don't get in this year. Best of luck, you seem like a very tenacious person that's extremely passionate about pursuing this profession and I hope you get in.

Yes, I've been sending updates every two weeks or so, which is why it caught me off guard when I received a call to ask if I was still interested and if they were my first choice.

No, I completely understand. Fingers crossed!

I've read your earlier messages and we're sort of in the same awful boat :(. This is not my first time applying and I as well am contemplating a masters--after putting it off due to not wanting to accrue too much dept--if I don't get in this year. Best of luck, you seem like a very tenacious person that's extremely passionate about pursuing this profession and I hope you get in.
Best of luck to you as well, and hopefully you get accepted. Its very upsetting that I had to go through this multiple times and now Im told I have to get a masters. Lol I want to go to school so bad, I sit at home and watch Netflix all day, if I dont get in this cycle, I am probably just going to a dental school near me and start sitting in lectures hahahaha

Status
Not open for further replies.