***The Official NYU College of Dentistry C/O 2024 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Congrats! What did you do to get off the waitlist?
Just sent in the interest form they sent with a note at the bottom of it. Also, gave them academic updates.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Just to be clear, I haven't seen anyone partying hard enough to jeopardize 100k education down to the hole. At least, not among the ones I know here.

The schedule here at the moment is unbelievably difficult to even for the most studious students right now.

We do have ~30 confirmed fails and ~50 remediations and these numbers are as of the end of last semester. You may say this is due to the large class, but it wasn't like this in the past. Just only 2 years ago we haven't had more than 10 fails in the whole year. Last year we had 25 repeats. This year...

There are too many changes, too much confusion among students and faculties, and right now, it just doesn't feel like the right place to be for dental education. I would have gone elsewhere had I known about this.

If this is the only place you were accepted, go.

If not, I'd strongly advise elsewhere.

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Just to be clear, I haven't seen anyone partying hard enough to jeopardize 100k education down to the hole. At least, not among the ones I know here.

The schedule here at the moment is unbelievably difficult to even for the most studious students right now.

We do have ~30 confirmed fails and ~50 remediations and these numbers are as of the end of last semester. You may say this is due to the large class, but it wasn't like this in the past. Just only 2 years ago we haven't had more than 10 fails in the whole year. Last year we had 25 repeats. This year...

There are too many changes, too much confusion among students and faculties, and right now, it just doesn't feel like the right place to be for dental education. I would have gone elsewhere had I known about this.

If this is the only place you were accepted, go.

If not, I'd strongly advise elsewhere.

The pre-dents in here have blinders on. Too busy hoping to get accepted... i get it. it’s hard to imagine turning down an offer from NYU just bc you’ve read some negative msgs online. Especially if it’s the only acceptance. We are after all taught to believe that establishments and large institutions are functional and just to certain degree. And those who oppose are usually minority of rotten apples.

The only way the incoming students will learn is by experiencing NYU’s shtstorm first hand. I would feel the same way if I was in their shoe.
Good luck to co2024 but just know that there is such thing as a gap yr.

Reactions: 1 users
The pre-dents in here have blinders on. Too busy hoping to get accepted... i get it. it’s hard to imagine turning down an offer from NYU just bc you’ve read some negative msgs online. Especially if it’s the only acceptance. We are after all taught to believe that establishments and large institutions are functional and just to certain degree. And those who oppose are usually minority of rotten apples.

The only way the incoming students will learn is by experiencing NYU’s shtstorm first hand. I would feel the same way if I was in their shoe.
Good luck to co2024 but just know that there is such thing as a gap yr.
If it's really that bad why hasn't anyone told the faculty or brought attention to the issue?

I agree ^
administration and students risk being targeted too--it's very possible.
if a person causes enough trouble, they won't want to deal with em'

Does anyone know how full the class is so far?

Has anyone receive an interview invite recently?

for people who recently got accepted, how long does it take to receive the admissions packet?

Members don't see this ad :)
How long did it take to get the acceptance email after the interview? For those who have interviewed recently

Does anyone know if interviews are being held during the last week of March or is next week the last week for interviews?

Does anyone know if interviews are being held during the last week of March or is next week the last week for interviews?

I was told by admissions this upcoming week is the last week

Does anyone know if the admissions office is open during the spring break?

got accepted off the waitlist at 11:16AM today! I will be committing!

Congrats! What did you do to get off the waitlist? Im also on the waitlist rn too. And when did you interview?

Just sent in the interest form they sent with a note at the bottom of it. Also, gave them academic updates.

Congrats on getting accepted! I'm on the waitlist rn too, working on my letter of intent. How long after you submitted your letter of intent did you get off the waitlist? And did you only submit the letter or did you also keep calling/ emailing them?

Congrats on getting accepted! I'm on the waitlist rn too, working on my letter of intent. How long after you submitted your letter of intent did you get off the waitlist? And did you only submit the letter or did you also keep calling/ emailing them?
May i ask when you interviewed and when you got waitlisted?

Congrats! What did you do to get off the waitlist? Im also on the waitlist rn too. And when did you interview?
Hey! I interviewed on January 31st, waitlisted Feb. 1, got off the waitlist on March 1st. After getting waitlisted I sent an initial letter of intent and then sent two more letter of intents/updates. I started working as a dental assistant and finished my Master's thesis as well!

Did anyone opt to switch out of the interview on Wednesday due to the coronavirus email they received?

Not too sure, but I’m sure things will be halted for the time being bc the dean is meeting to decide whether they should close the school due to the virus.

Did anyone opt to switch out of the interview on Wednesday due to the coronavirus email they received?
Yes, I believe everyone on Wednesday had to postpone! I did also, they should open the available dates after 3/20 because of spring break.

Yes, I believe everyone on Wednesday had to postpone! I did also, they should open the available dates after 3/20 because of spring break.
Not Everyone. I called there's still people going.

did anyone from Wednesday had to postpone the interview ?

Accepted today, interviewed March 6th

Accepted last Friday, interviewed the last week of February!