***The Official NYU College of Dentistry C/O 2024 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Congrats! Do you know where you're putting your deposit down with those acceptances?

Yes, I have narrowed it down between two just waiting to hear back from my post decembers

Members don't see this ad.

I just received an interview.
International student.
Available dates Jan 8,9,10,13,14,16

Reactions: 4 users
Anyone else get an email just re-acknowledging that your application is complete and under review

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know if the facebook group has been set up yet?

not trying to burst anyone's bubble, but I got that email last year when I had applied..still got rejected that cycle.

so I think it's sent to everyone as an update from the school--unless there were already rejections made this cycle.

Interviewed last Friday (12/13) and accepted this afternoon (12/16)

Reactions: 1 users
Declined my offer this morning, Good Luck guys!

Reactions: 2 users
Interviewed 12/9 and waitlisted yesterday morning

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello everyone when I was trying to update my unofficial transcripts in NYU's portal for some reason there were already some unofficial transcripts uploaded this Monday. Did you guys got the same?

Congrats!! Do you mind sharing your stats please?
I won't be sharing my exact stats because I don’t think it helps anyone. I will say that my stats were very much around the average.
Remember, NYU takes the holistic approach very seriously. I had a ton of assisting hours (worked there for years), 100+ shadowing, and 100+ volunteering. I believe my secondary essay was also very good and that my interview went well.

Reactions: 1 user
Would you all say it’s too late to apply?
Your chances are slimmer now than they were a few months ago for getting an interview and acceptance. They may be okay at best if you have above average stats. It all comes down to how much you like to gamble.

Your chances are slimmer now than they were a few months ago for getting an interview and acceptance. They may be okay at best if you have above average stats. It all comes down to how much you like to gamble.

thanks for your response! I’m going to go ahead and apply. 3.7 sgpa/cgpa, 23 DAT

thanks for your response! I’m going to go ahead and apply. 3.7 sgpa/cgpa, 23 DAT
You should be strongly competitive with those credentials, to be frank, so hopefully, you can land an interview before February even.

I have about the same average and DAT. Would you say NYU is my only shot at this point? Or maybe Temple, BU, and other schools? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

are academic updates required to send or is this done to improve chances of getting an interview?

Hello and happy new year!
Please forgive me if my question has been answered before. But I just received an invitation and was wondering what format the interview at NYU is?
Thanks

Please forgive me if my question has been answered before. But I just received an invitation and was wondering what format the interview at NYU is?
Thanks
when did you receive your invite invitation? Congratulations

Thanks
One-on-one with a faculty and an admission officer. Open filed and very conversational. They’d ask you questions and either write your answers down on a paper or type them on the computer.

One-on-one with a faculty and an admission officer. Open filed and very conversational. They’d ask you questions and either write your answers down on a paper or type them on the computer.
Thank you!

Interviewing in a little over a week. Wondering now that its post-december how long it will take for them to notify me on my status post interview?

Wait so you dont talk? Just reply in a written format ?.

• Haha
Does this school have a supplemental application or is the just the questions on the main application page? Also do they accept community college credits? Thinking about applying here...

Does this school have a supplemental application or is the just the questions on the main application page? Also do they accept community college credits? Thinking about applying here...
They have a supplemental for $80. I called them before and they said some credits should be fine.

Interviewing on January 16. Does anyone know how much the deposit is? Do they offer any scholarships?

They ask questions, you reply verbally then they write down notes based on what you said.
Wasnt like that for me...normal interviews with both the faculty member and admissions coordinator

What are some of the questions asked during your interview?

Just be prepared to speak about your motivations, personal background, experiences listed on your primary application... they're just trying to get to know you... My faculty interviewer was a PHD in material science so we talked about my research experience for a fat chunk of the interview (research was my major experience listed). It isn't a rapid fire question and answer, it is legitimately a conversation.

Just be prepared to speak about your motivations, personal background, experiences listed on your primary application... they're just trying to get to know you... My faculty interviewer was a PHD in material science so we talked about my research experience for a fat chunk of the interview (research was my major experience listed). It isn't a rapid fire question and answer, it is legitimately a conversation.
Thank you!

also, is it true that once you get an interview, your interview is all that matters in achieving an acceptance or does the committee review your whole application over again? I am confused on that concept

also, is it true that once you get an interview, your interview is all that matters in achieving an acceptance or does the committee review your whole application over again? I am confused on that concept

Just show them that you really want to go there and its your #1 choice