****The Official OHSU Class of 2018 Interview/Acceptance Thread****

experiment626

Freeze Ray!
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Here you go! Best of luck to all of you. :D

Members don't see this ad.

Would love to be accepted here because I wouldn't have to move (and it's a great school :)) Good Luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
Pretty sure they don't start looking at apps until the fall...

Oregon doesn't have a supplemental application, right? Just the $75 fee?

No, no supplemental app - just the fee.

I got an e-mail two days ago that they have received my app and they don't start notifying students of statuses until mid-September! So I guess we just have to wait till then

Just got an email confirming that they received my application. They won't start reviewing until mid-September since they're still completing the admission/matriculation process for the entering class of 2013.

I went to pay the application fee, and the only term I can select is Summer 2014. That's the correct one, right? I was expecting Fall or Autumn, so it threw me off for a second.

CA Resident -- I just added this school on AADSAS and paid my fee online. Hopefully i'm not too late in applying here.

I think they are starting the review process! my portal updated their name on AADSAS...It says under review.....:)

does it just say recieved/Under review within the school decisions category?

Members don't see this ad :)
My advise is to be patient. OHSU seems to take way longer than other schools when it comes to interviewing and accepting potential students. One of my buddies didn't get an acceptance until May!

Just be patient! I'm a current first year here and I wasn't accepted until late April. I know of a few people that didn't get. I know of a few people that didn't even get interviews until June or July.

It really is worth the wait though. As I am sure most of you know, the new dental school will be finished upon your arrival! Faculty is great, student life is great, Portland is great. It's a great school to go to!

Hello! Just got an interview at OHSU scheduled for 10/18. any tips current students?? it's an MMI/individual interview combo.

Hello! Just got an interview at OHSU scheduled for 10/18. any tips current students?? it's an MMI/individual interview combo.

Congrats! They don't give all that much time between inviting and the date, do they? Do you mind sharing your stats?

He/She posted that in the wrong forum! the interview is for medical school :p
I already asked him/her!

so anyone know when to expect the earliest interview invites to go out?

I'm OOS (east coast) and just got this email tonight. There were four more paragraphs after that talking about average scores and admissions factors. It also mentioned applications in this category receive periodic review until a final decision is made.

Your application to the Oregon Health & Science University School of Dentistry has completed its initial assessment and has progressed to the next phase of review. Your application is amongst a highly competitive pool, which we typically select from to participate in the interview process. You will be notified in writing should you be selected as an interview candidate. Interviews are by invitation only.

I'm OOS (east coast) and just got this email tonight. There were four more paragraphs after that talking about average scores and admissions factors. It also mentioned applications in this category receive periodic review until a final decision is made.

Your application to the Oregon Health & Science University School of Dentistry has completed its initial assessment and has progressed to the next phase of review. Your application is amongst a highly competitive pool, which we typically select from to participate in the interview process. You will be notified in writing should you be selected as an interview candidate. Interviews are by invitation only.

Got the same email.

Got the same thing hope this means interview soon. Anyone have prior experiences?

Got the same ! does it mean they wont invite us for an interview at this point?!!! ( like a waiting list ?!!)

uhhm anybody got the email that said your app is on hold for winter review? what does this mean?

They will probably wait for ur fall semester marks ! Make sure to update ur application after finals !

I got the email that says the school can't take any official action at this time, but my application will continue to be reviewed... Should I just assume a rejection in this case? Anyone have any insights?

Can you guys post your stats and/or what batch you were in?

Thanks and good luck! :)

I got this email tonight as well (also east coast)...not sure if it means we should be expecting an interview or if it just means they're not rejecting us yet...

Can you guys post your stats and/or what batch you were in?

Thanks and good luck! :)

I got the email. I'm not sure what my batch is, but my app was complete Sept 23 (committee letter took forever for my school to complete).

Stats:

sGPA: 3.95
oGPA: 3.72
DAT (AA, TS, PAT, QR, RC): 22, 22, 22, 19, 25
OOS

Also, does it say anything on your AADSAS portal?

Thanks.

I think I received the soft-rejection email :(

-"Following initial review of your application to the Oregon Health & Science University School of Dentistry, we are not prepared to take official action at this time. Factors such as GPA and DAT scores have been considered, as well as dental career exploration, community service, research experience and letters of evaluation. While we cannot act on your application at this time, applications will be in a continuous state of review throughout the duration of the cycle. Only complete applications will be considered. You will be informed immediately of any change in the status of your application."

-There were addition paragraphs about their stats 'n such

-We thank you for your interest in the OHSU School of Dentistry. Again, you will be contacted in writing as soon as a determination has been made regarding your application.

I haven't received any communication from them. What do you suppose that means? I guess no soft rejection is a good thing...for now. But I'm not in the competitive pool either.

This was found on the forum from last year, I recommend looking through last forum for answers to your questions
:Quote: There are two letters that OHSU is sending out. The "Competitive Applicant" letter traditionally has been sent out to those applicants who will eventually receive an interview, based on what prior applicants and current students have said. The "Continuous Review/Not Ready to Take Official Action" letter has been seen as a soft rejection because it's very rare that those applicants receive interviews

Hope this helps

Also I think for the Winter review email I would call them and ask what they are looking for in order to keep your application in the review process

Soft rejection email here. OOS, low GPA, high DAT. I applied mostly due to their extremely (almost 100%) acceptance of OOS that were interviewed. From their emails, it seems that they really put a lot of time on the front end of their review so they don't waste your money attending an interview when they're only going to accept 25% of the applicants.

Good luck to those remaining! My only consolation is that my dentist (attended OHSU) told me he had to do all his own lab work (some schools send their lab work away). The good side (for me and all his other patients) is that he's awesome at his labs.

I think I received the soft-rejection email :(

-"Following initial review of your application to the Oregon Health & Science University School of Dentistry, we are not prepared to take official action at this time. Factors such as GPA and DAT scores have been considered, as well as dental career exploration, community service, research experience and letters of evaluation. While we cannot act on your application at this time, applications will be in a continuous state of review throughout the duration of the cycle. Only complete applications will be considered. You will be informed immediately of any change in the status of your application."

-There were addition paragraphs about their stats 'n such

-We thank you for your interest in the OHSU School of Dentistry. Again, you will be contacted in writing as soon as a determination has been made regarding your application.

I received this same email this evening. This makes me so sad!

To those who have received an email, what batch are you?

yes, please tell what batch you were in.

Also, for those that have recieved such emails, does your AADSAS portal say anything?

yes, please tell what batch you were in.

Also, for those that have recieved such emails, does your AADSAS portal say anything?

4th batch, OOS. AADSAS says received/under review ! I think they will start sending out invites next month.

This was found on the forum from last year, I recommend looking through last forum for answers to your questions
:Quote: There are two letters that OHSU is sending out. The "Competitive Applicant" letter traditionally has been sent out to those applicants who will eventually receive an interview, based on what prior applicants and current students have said. The "Continuous Review/Not Ready to Take Official Action" letter has been seen as a soft rejection because it's very rare that those applicants receive interviews

Hope this helps

Anyone know how likely it is to actually get an interview after this email? I'm super excited considering their 95% acceptance rate after OOS interview.

I got the competitive applicant notification too. Are the rumors true that in-state are interviewed after OOS? Bummer, if so, I'm in-state.

uhhm anybody got the email that said your app is on hold for winter review? what does this mean?

I got that one too. Did it say stuff about meeting the requirements prior to submission also? I'm confused what it means and if my application isn't technically "completed"

I paid my supplemental fees online but my portal is blank, should I call them?

I got the competitive applicant notification too. Are the rumors true that in-state are interviewed after OOS? Bummer, if so, I'm in-state.

I talked to someone in the admission office and she said that there is NO such thing that first batches would go to OOS. I also asked about the winter term and her info wasn't clear to me (she didn't know it herself so she asked someone else)...
But I am still confused a little bit over the "winter review".... I don't know if that means that they are waiting for additional info or soft rejection :confused:

Last edited:
I got the competitive pool email! Haven't received any interviews yet so this gives me hope at least. I'm in the second batch and CA resident.

what's this batch things you guys are talking about and how do you determine all that stuffs?

I got that competitive email yesterday... so i'm not sure how it'll be.

As for the on hold, it may be a soft rejection, but i got that letter last year from them and got an interview invite in March. Didn't get in though (hence i'm here again), so don't lose hope for those that got the "soft-rejection" letter.

Was the on hold email you got last year a winter review email or a we are not prepared to take official action at this time?

Also has anyone else called and got more info?

anyone else still not recieved ANY communication from OHSU?