You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
****The Official OHSU Class of 2019 Interview/Acceptance Thread****
Started by tbiv21
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Same here.
Good Luck to all of you! I start this year at OHSU! Let me know if you have any questions!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I haven't heard ANYTHING since my application confirmation on 6/30, but it does say in that email " In addition, we are still completing the admission/matriculation process for the entering class of 2014 and do not expect to begin reviewing new applications, or notifying applicants of their application status until mid-September." I figure it could take 7-8 weeks maybe...I dunno
Any interviews yet?
I'm wondering that as well.
Just got an email from OHSU stating that my application "has completed its initial assessment and has progressed to the next phase of review. Your application is amongst a highly competitive pool, which we typically select from to participate in the interview process. You will be notified in writing should you be selected as an interview candidate. Interviews are by invitation only."
Looks like they're starting the interviews soon!
Looks like they're starting the interviews soon!
i got it too, does anyone know if its basically saying the same thing as your app is complete and now ready for review. Or is OHSU more selective when progressing to the next phase?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted518758
I got that email too... What a tease!
What batch were you guys who got the email in?
I got that too! Exciting!
I got the other email- oos WAI also got the deferral/soft rejection email.......kind of disappointed, I'm in one of their feeder schools and had really hoped to get an interview there. For those who got the other email, were you in-state?
My file was "complete" on August 20th. I got an email for the interview on October 13th, and I am interview October 17th. Does anyone know how long it takes to hear back about an interview?
are you applying to med school? this is dental
YUP! sorry!are you applying to med school? this is dental
I got the same email and I am in state also.Got the "soft rejection" email 🙁 "we are not prepared to take official action at this time." Sucks cuz I'm IS too. I'm actually a little disappointed that OHSU focuses so much on OOS just because they can collect more tuition from them.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
For those who got the highly competitive email, what are your stats and IS or OOS?
got the competitive email
oos 3.3gpa and 20AA
what does this mean!!!???
Residency:what does this mean!!!???
GPA (science, overall)
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17):
For those who got the highly competitive email, what are your stats and IS or OOS?
Residency: CA
GPA: 3.3 Science and overall
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/Any section below a 17): 21AA/22TS/21reading/no
Residency:
GPA (science, overall)
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17):
Soft rejection
In State
GPA: 3.2, 3.3
DAT: 20/20/26/23/none
Residency:
GPA (science, overall)
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17):
Competitive
In state
GPA: 3.4, 3.5
DAT: 20/20/22/24/None
Soft rejection, really? Wow. Great stats, though.Soft rejection
In State
GPA: 3.2, 3.3
DAT: 20/20/26/23/none
Eh, that freshmen year GPA is what's killing me.Soft rejection, really? Wow. Great stats, though.
It's not far off from the OOS stats though. I feel like I should have moved to Washington and then applied.Eh, that freshmen year GPA is what's killing me.
Funny thing is I'm going to school out of state so I could have easily set my home state elsewhere. But you'd think since it's an Oregon public school...It's not far off from the OOS stats though. I feel like I should have moved to Washington and then applied.
HIGHLY competitive
oos
3.91, 3.98
25/25/27 dats
oos
3.91, 3.98
25/25/27 dats
Anyone have this status on their AADSAS now?
"Your application is currently in the process of being reviewed. It will proceed through a multileveled review in which we consider such factors as your GPA, academic history, DAT scores, letters of evaluation/recommendation, investigation in the field of dentistry and all other factors presented in your application. You will be notified in writing and by email of any changes made to your application status."
"Your application is currently in the process of being reviewed. It will proceed through a multileveled review in which we consider such factors as your GPA, academic history, DAT scores, letters of evaluation/recommendation, investigation in the field of dentistry and all other factors presented in your application. You will be notified in writing and by email of any changes made to your application status."
I have the same thing, but got the competitive email
that is one long status under decision hahaAnyone have this status on their AADSAS now?
"Your application is currently in the process of being reviewed. It will proceed through a multileveled review in which we consider such factors as your GPA, academic history, DAT scores, letters of evaluation/recommendation, investigation in the field of dentistry and all other factors presented in your application. You will be notified in writing and by email of any changes made to your application status."
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I just got an interview invite from OHSU this morning at 9:52AM 🙂. Yassssss. Good luck to all and hope to see you guys there.
IS or OOS? Congrats!I just got an interview invite from OHSU this morning at 9:52AM 🙂. Yassssss. Good luck to all and hope to see you guys there.
"Your application is currently in the process of being reviewed. It will proceed through a multileveled review in which we consider such factors as your GPA, academic history, DAT scores, letters of evaluation/recommendation, investigation in the field of dentistry and all other factors presented in your application. You will be notified in writing and by email of any changes made to your application status."
Got this on AADSAS but no email! I even checked my trash, so there's still hope! 🙂
Got this on AADSAS but no email! I even checked my trash, so there's still hope! 🙂
I just checked and I do. No email or anything yetAnyone have this status on their AADSAS now?
"Your application is currently in the process of being reviewed. It will proceed through a multileveled review in which we consider such factors as your GPA, academic history, DAT scores, letters of evaluation/recommendation, investigation in the field of dentistry and all other factors presented in your application. You will be notified in writing and by email of any changes made to your application status."
Similar threads
- Replies
- 27
- Views
- 10K
- Replies
- 65
- Views
- 20K