****The Official OHSU Class of 2019 Interview/Acceptance Thread****

tbiv21

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Figured I would start one for Oregon Health and Science University. I received an email today saying they would not be reviewing applications until mid-September.

Members don't see this ad.

Good Luck to all of you! I start this year at OHSU! Let me know if you have any questions!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I saw that my AADSAS is updated for them and now says "received/under review"

They don't even appear on my AADSAS for whatever reason.....

They didn't on mine either until today

OHSU popped up on my aadsas last night too!

I haven't heard ANYTHING since my application confirmation on 6/30, but it does say in that email " In addition, we are still completing the admission/matriculation process for the entering class of 2014 and do not expect to begin reviewing new applications, or notifying applicants of their application status until mid-September." I figure it could take 7-8 weeks maybe...I dunno

I agree studdentist140, they're way behind on their application process, so we shouldn't be too concerned! Hopefully we'll hear from them soon!

Any interviews yet?

Just got an email from OHSU stating that my application "has completed its initial assessment and has progressed to the next phase of review. Your application is amongst a highly competitive pool, which we typically select from to participate in the interview process. You will be notified in writing should you be selected as an interview candidate. Interviews are by invitation only."

Looks like they're starting the interviews soon!

Members don't see this ad :)
I just got that email as well

i got it too, does anyone know if its basically saying the same thing as your app is complete and now ready for review. Or is OHSU more selective when progressing to the next phase?

Got the "soft rejection" email :( "we are not prepared to take official action at this time." Sucks cuz I'm IS too. I'm actually a little disappointed that OHSU focuses so much on OOS just because they can collect more tuition from them.

I also got the deferral/soft rejection email.......kind of disappointed, I'm in one of their feeder schools and had really hoped to get an interview there. For those who got the other email, were you in-state?

I also got the deferral/soft rejection email.......kind of disappointed, I'm in one of their feeder schools and had really hoped to get an interview there. For those who got the other email, were you in-state?
I got the other email- oos WA

My file was "complete" on August 20th. I got an email for the interview on October 13th, and I am interviewing October 17th. Does anyone know how long it takes to hear back about an interview? I did not get any of the emails that were listed on this thread...

My file was "complete" on August 20th. I got an email for the interview on October 13th, and I am interview October 17th. Does anyone know how long it takes to hear back about an interview?

are you applying to med school? this is dental

Got the "soft rejection" email :( "we are not prepared to take official action at this time." Sucks cuz I'm IS too. I'm actually a little disappointed that OHSU focuses so much on OOS just because they can collect more tuition from them.
I got the same email and I am in state also.

I was third batch and am a Portland, OR resident. But I know people from previous years got the "competitive" email and still didn't get an interview and vice versa too, so don't lose hope!

I applied first batch (June 20th) and haven't received an email. Wonder why?

For those who got the highly competitive email, what are your stats and IS or OOS?

Also, those who received the soft rejection, what were your stats as well?

For those who got the highly competitive email, what are your stats and IS or OOS?

Residency: CA
GPA: 3.3 Science and overall
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/Any section below a 17): 21AA/22TS/21reading/no

It's not far off from the OOS stats though. I feel like I should have moved to Washington and then applied.
Funny thing is I'm going to school out of state so I could have easily set my home state elsewhere. But you'd think since it's an Oregon public school...

Anyone have this status on their AADSAS now?

"Your application is currently in the process of being reviewed. It will proceed through a multileveled review in which we consider such factors as your GPA, academic history, DAT scores, letters of evaluation/recommendation, investigation in the field of dentistry and all other factors presented in your application. You will be notified in writing and by email of any changes made to your application status."

Just got the same thing, but also got the soft rejection email. Just keeping fingers crossed and spirits high

I have the same thing, but got the competitive email

"Your application is currently in the process of being reviewed. It will proceed through a multileveled review in which we consider such factors as your GPA, academic history, DAT scores, letters of evaluation/recommendation, investigation in the field of dentistry and all other factors presented in your application. You will be notified in writing and by email of any changes made to your application status."
that is one long status under decision haha

I just got an interview invite from OHSU this morning at 9:52AM :). Yassssss. Good luck to all and hope to see you guys there.

Got this on AADSAS but no email! I even checked my trash, so there's still hope! :)

I just checked and I do. No email or anything yet

I haven't gotten the email either... Why do they torture us like this?!