You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
****The Official OHSU Class of 2021 Interview/Acceptance Thread****
Started by BeaverLover
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
OHSU sent an email to me a month ago, saying that they require a dentist recommendation letter, so they were putting my application on hold for winter review. I didn't get my dentist to send the letter yet, lmao. So, I'll be a super late applicant. Woop.
I heard from my friends they didn't get interviews until February and March and still got in4 days a week, starting next week, until the end of the term in December
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
In-State applicant here! Still under review and waiting patiently! I've talked to my advisor and she said that OHSU is always very late, like so late they're on their own schedule... so don't worry too much if you haven't heard back (easier said than done) there is still a lot of time left in the cycle!
Yeah im in the same boat, im just SO ANXIOUS! Best of luck, I hope to see you this next year! My issue is my 3.4 gpa scares me! Hopefully it wont kill my chances since they've had some 3.6 and 3.7 averages the last couple years.In-State applicant here! Still under review and waiting patiently! I've talked to my advisor and she said that OHSU is always very late, like so late they're on their own schedule... so don't worry too much if you haven't heard back (easier said than done) there is still a lot of time left in the cycle!
I have gotten interviews to a lot of schools except OHSU (and this is my state school). Does anyone know if they still have pre December interview spots left? Getting scared...
I'd like to assume so. It seems like they only sent one batch of interview invites so far
Yeah im in the same boat, im just SO ANXIOUS! Best of luck, I hope to see you this next year! My issue is my 3.4 gpa scares me! Hopefully it wont kill my chances since they've had some 3.6 and 3.7 averages the last couple years.
Ugh! Me too... I have been obsessively checking my portal but no changes yet! Yeah my gpa is also lower than their averages the last two years but hopefully they will give us a shot! Hope to see you around next year as well!
Really fun day! You get to shadow a D4 in the clinic. Crazy how much slower they move compared to private clinics, so you get a lot of time to talk to them. Also, the view from their chair is drop dead gorgeous. Beautiful school and city.
How was the actual interview and how did you prepare?
My friend (who is also applying) just called and was informed that they have already scheduled all of their pre-december interview dates :/
Damn, what a shocker 🙁
Did they tell you how many of those were IS/OOS? It seems like they're filled up on pre-Dec's already
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
This scares me 🙁I just interviewed there and they said they are only going to interview 150 pre december and will accept about 110 of those
Trying to figure out what I should do for the rest of the year as I've not been scheduled for any interviews yet. Go back to school for post grad credits? Keep working at a dental office? Start studying for the MCAT?
Good luck to all the applicants.
The school is beautiful, and it is a great program.
I interviewed at OHSU instate last cycle. If you have any questions, let me know!
The school is beautiful, and it is a great program.
I interviewed at OHSU instate last cycle. If you have any questions, let me know!
Good luck to all the applicants.
The school is beautiful, and it is a great program.
I interviewed at OHSU instate last cycle. If you have any questions, let me know!
Did they mention any issues with the patient pool?
They said they don't have any problem with the patient pool. The school is connected with the clinic, so you have good connection there.Did they mention any issues with the patient pool?
However, there are some students every now and then saying that they might have problem with it. Or they might not get the procedures that they need because classmates do not want to switch. Bla bla
I guess it depends on who you hear it from.
.
Last edited:
Many get multiple interviews and acceptances and have other schools they'd rather go to. Especially those with very high DATs and GPAs.How will they accept 110 when the class size is 76?
To my understanding, they initially interviewed quite a few OOS.Has there been a lot of IS people interviewing? It seems like everyone is OOS and I think at least half of their class needs to be IS
Im instate and starting to get scared :/
Usually if you receive a high competitive pool, you will receive an interview soon.
sadly hasnt been the case for me yet 🙁To my understanding, they initially interviewed quite a few OOS.
Usually if you receive a high competitive pool, you will receive an interview soon.
Just hang in there. I know they interview later in the cycle so it's not late yet. Also, they interview very few people per interview so it's gonna be a while too.sadly hasnt been the case for me yet 🙁
Interview invite!!!!
Congrats! What dates were you given? and are you in/out of state?Interview invite!!!!
Not everyone that get accepted will attend the school, so they accept more than the class size to account for people that will reject their acceptance.How will they accept 110 when the class size is 76?
Invite for interview. Instate.
Congrats! May I ask what your stats look like?Invite for interview. Instate.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Im instate! When I called, they told me to pick dates that work best for me (they interview everyday but Wednesday) and then they would check to see if they had any spots open....so I have no idea how many dates are left.Congrats! What dates were you given? and are you in/out of state?
High 3.6
Congrats! I hope to be there with you soon. When were you notified and when will you interview?High 3.6
still no interview invite, I was e-mailed about being in the competitive pool early September... OOS WA resident with 3.5 Overall, and 3.5 Science, 21AA
Same here... got the email, no invite...still no interview invite, I was e-mailed about being in the competitive pool early September... OOS WA resident with 3.5 Overall, and 3.5 Science, 21AA
Did anyone else's portal change to application complete after they interviewed?
Does anyone know what time you could start hearing from the school tomorrow? I couldn't find it in the "What time exactly" thread, and the forum from last year is missing.
After 3PM
Email around 3pm
Yes
No :/Anyone get an email from Oregon yet?
Still nothing
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Haven't heard anything. I'm OOS though 🙁(Anyone receive any news?
Accepted! My life is officially complete. Good luck everyone 🙂
Accepted! WICHE
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 27
- Views
- 10K
- Replies
- 65
- Views
- 20K