****The Official OHSU Class of 2021 Interview/Acceptance Thread****

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just received an interview invite (OOS) a couple days ago, but will be declining. Good luck to you all!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys!! I got an interview! I'm stoked! Any advice? And is there a written segment or exam beforehand?

Got into my state school so I'm dropping.my acceptance here. Good luck!

Reactions: 1 users
Super hard decision, but I'm declining my acceptance here. Another spot open for one of you!

I'm trying to decide between this school and UNLV. Any advice would be appreciated.

I'm trying to decide between this school and UNLV. Any advice would be appreciated.
You didn't ask me but I was turned off by UNLV since the students seemed way more stressed than at other places. I ultimately didn't get in there so it doesn't matter

Just got an interview! Will not be attending :) hope one of you guys will get that spot. Best wishes.

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone have any good recommendations for lunch/dinner in Portland? In town for my interview.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 user
Accepted today! OOS applicant. Interviewed on 2/21. Invited on 2/14. Let's just say, it has been a pretty stressful but extremely eventful three weeks!

Reactions: 4 users
Got accepted here a few weeks ago but will be declining. Hope one of you wonderful people get my spot!

Reactions: 2 users
Got an interview invite! It's so late in the cycle >.< 23 AA oGPA: 3.54 sGPA: 3.51. OOS California. Anyone know when we need to finish the prerequisites? I won't be finished with physiology until July 22nd.....

Last edited:
Accepted! OOS 3.6 sgpa 20 DAT

I got into 5 other schools but have it narrowed down to Nebraska (UNMC) and OHSU.
Are you in state at Nebraska? Have you decided on a school? I have to make a decision between UNMC and OHSU by next week.

Just invited for an interview !

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Congrats! Any chance that you'd post your GPA and DAT and if you're out/instate? I remember you posted that you'd had a soft rejection email early on, pretty cool that you got an interview even still! Im super jealous!

Congrats! Any chance that you'd post your GPA and DAT and if you're out/instate? I remember you posted that you'd had a soft rejection email early on, pretty cool that you got an interview even still! Im super jealous!

Thank you! Yeah it was definitely a surprise to me when I got the email. I think my academic update may have changed things a bitt, but who knows.
My DAT scores are listed in my signature. PM me if you would like to know anything else.

Thank you! Yeah it was definitely a surprise to me when I got the email. I think my academic update may have changed things a bitt, but who knows.
My DAT scores are listed in my signature. PM me if you would like to know anything else.

Right there with you krdent. I got the soft rejection in September, and got an interview invite on Friday as well. I had completely written off OHSU as an option, but I guess miracles do happen.

Good luck at your interview krdent if you are interviewing this week!

Right there with you krdent. I got the soft rejection in September, and got an interview invite on Friday as well. I had completely written off OHSU as an option, but I guess miracles do happen.

Good luck at your interview krdent if you are interviewing this week!

I'm interviewing tomorrow. Definitely a bitt nervous. But like you said, I thought I was completely out of the running for OHSU. What day are you interviewing?

I'm interviewing tomorrow. Definitely a bitt nervous. But like you said, I thought I was completely out of the running for OHSU. What day are you interviewing?

I will be interviewing on Thursday. Best of luck tomorrow!!

For the people who got interviews in November, have any guys not heard back yet? I haven't heard back yet :( I'm wondering if there are any of you guys on the same boat.

I would call and ask. I interviewed in February and heard back after a few days

Just put in my deposit. I LOVED OHSU. Super excited to get started there.

Congrats to you all, any chance any of you overheard if they have any open spots for more invitations after today??

Last edited:
Congrats to you all, any chance any of you overheard if they have any open spots for more invitations after today??
Yeah they said they still have some seats left and they may interview more people in the next month or so during their spring quarter.

does anyone know when the first day of class is?
I dont know the exact first day but its in early august I think. Dont quote me but I think it was like august 10th last year. You'll get a packet in the mail in a week or 2 that will outline everything and you can call during office hours and I'm sure they'll better precisely answer if noone here does sooner.

Accepted!!! I got the email earlier this week. For those of you still waiting for an interview, they are still interviewing! My GPA was the thing holding back my application, but I finally got through so anything can happen!

Reactions: 2 users
Hey guys so I put down my deposit but I'm still waiting to hear back from other schools I interviewed at does anyone know when I need to make the final decision by?!

Deposit is a decision as far as I know. If you go to another school you lose it.

Deposit is a decision as far as I know. If you go to another school you lose it.

Bc I interviewed at other schools the same time and waiting to hear back. I thought you could put down deposits and then you can decide to decline it later it's just non refundable...right?

Hey guys so I put down my deposit but I'm still waiting to hear back from other schools I interviewed at does anyone know when I need to make the final decision by?!

Yeah, you can drop from a program on the day before school starts if you get a better offer, but you just lose every deposit you made up until then. I don't know how it works with acceptances after April 1st, but I know if you are holding multiple seats right now, in April the schools get notified that you are holding spots at multiple schools, and they make you decide by the middle of the month, or they rescind your acceptance offer if you do not respond.

Yeah, you can drop from a program on the day before school starts if you get a better offer, but you just lose every deposit you made up until then. I don't know how it works with acceptances after April 1st, but I know if you are holding multiple seats right now, in April the schools get notified that you are holding spots at multiple schools, and they make you decide by the middle of the month, or they rescind your acceptance offer if you do not respond.
Thank you sooo much!!! I appreciate the info

Keep in mind that come April, schools will see you have accepted offers and put deposits in them, so they may choose to drop your acceptance. I don't know how often that happens, but it's something to keep in mind.

Edit: I didnt read KD1662's comment above mine. My comment is redundant

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.