****The Official Oregon (OHSU) Class of 2024 Interview/Acceptance Thread****

Started by artist2022
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

artist2022

DDS 🦷🎓✔
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
They are certainly mulling the applications over... About a week or so after i submitted my app they requested an additional LOR from a basic science prof... but as far as anything regarding interviews or progression no. They also sent an email shortly after that said they were backed up and wont begin seriously doing stuff until September.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I got it too! Not sure if that's what they send everyone once they review our apps but hoping for the best! Everyone check your mail lol
 
I have a feeling the email is generically saying we're part of a competitive pool of applicants (everyone). Not the individual itself is competitive -- at least that's what I got from the email!
 
I have a feeling the email is generically saying we're part of a competitive pool of applicants (everyone). Not the individual itself is competitive -- at least that's what I got from the email!
They probably threw out all the applications that didn’t meet minimums and are left with us.
 
Does anybody know when they will start sending invitations for interviews? Also, how competitive do you think it is to get one? I don't know what is considered competitive for them based off DAT scores and GPA
 
Does anybody know when they will start sending invitations for interviews? Also, how competitive do you think it is to get one? I don't know what is considered competitive for them based off DAT scores and GPA

Last year the first date they started sending out was on 10/1.

The rest of your questions you can find with a simple search on their website...
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Interview #3
School: Oregon
Notification date: 10/1
Method of notification: Email
Residency: OOS
Application complete date: application fee received 07/12
GPA (science, overall): 3.98, 3.82
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 22,23,20,24,none
Interview Date: multiple dates to pick from all on Mon, Tues, Thurs, Fri

I did receive the "competitive" email for those who care
 
Interview #4
School:
OHSU
Notification date: 10/1/19
Method of notification: Email
Residency: AZ
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/23
Application complete date: 7/24
GPA (science, overall): 3.9, 3.9
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 22/20/20/22/none
 
I just got an invite from OHSU. You are able to call and schedule whatever day works for you aside from a few dates.
Did you get an email from them saying your application is among a highly competitive pool? And which method did they use to send you the invitation?
 
Interview #3
School: OHSU
Notification date: 10/1
Method of notification: Email
Residency: CA
Application complete date: 6/22
GPA (science, overall): 4.0, 3.99
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 22 / 22 / 20 / 23 / none
Interview Date: October 14th
 
Interview #3
School: OHSU
Notification date: 10/1
Method of notification: Email
Residency: MI
Application complete date: 7/18
GPA (science, overall): 3.78, 3.88
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 22 / 23 / 20 / 21 / none
Interview Date: TBD
 
Hey guys, I received an invite yesterday and am debating whether I should go or not. It's my 9th interview invite and it's getting expensive. Oregon is the only school where I don't know any current students and little about their program outside of their info on their website. Can anyone fill me in on why you want to go here outside of the relatively small class size and nice facility?
 
Hey guys, I received an invite yesterday and am debating whether I should go or not. It's my 9th interview invite and it's getting expensive. Oregon is the only school where I don't know any current students and little about their program outside of their info on their website. Can anyone fill me in on why you want to go here outside of the relatively small class size and nice facility?

3 words - Pass No Pass 🙂
 
Hey everyone-this is a D1 here. The pre dental committee at OHSU is hosting a mock interview night next Thursday, October 10th. DM me if you are near the Portland area and are interested. (FYI-I went last year and it was really helpful prior to interviewing!!!)
 
Hey guys, I received an invite yesterday and am debating whether I should go or not. It's my 9th interview invite and it's getting expensive. Oregon is the only school where I don't know any current students and little about their program outside of their info on their website. Can anyone fill me in on why you want to go here outside of the relatively small class size and nice facility?
If you don't feel like it's a school you really yearn to go to, then decline. I'm at that point as well. I'd rather decline and give someone else the shot rather than waste my money.
 
Hey guys, I received an invite yesterday and am debating whether I should go or not. It's my 9th interview invite and it's getting expensive. Oregon is the only school where I don't know any current students and little about their program outside of their info on their website. Can anyone fill me in on why you want to go here outside of the relatively small class size and nice facility?

Felt the same way haha— applied to a lot of schools, not expecting or thinking about the high costs of attending interviews
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey everyone-this is a D1 here. The pre dental committee at OHSU is hosting a mock interview night next Thursday, October 10th. DM me if you are near the Portland area and are interested. (FYI-I went last year and it was really helpful prior to interviewing!!!)

Thank you for posting this info! I would love to learn more about the mock interview. Like Speartooth, I am trying to reach out to you via DM, but to no avail.
 
I'm OOS and submitted my application on October 11th. Did anyone who applied late in previous cycles get a pre-December interview?
 
Hello,

I have a question regard the status update for OHSU school of dentistry. I was invited for an interview. However, after the interview my application status changed from "Invited for Interview" to "Received/Application Complete." Did this happen to anyone else?