****The Official Oregon (OHSU) Class of 2024 Interview/Acceptance Thread****

artist2022

DDS 🦷🎓✔
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
No one's made this so here ya go!

Link to last year's thread: ****The Official OHSU Class of 2023 Interview/Acceptance Thread****

Link to interview prep: Oregon Health & Science University School of Dentistry Interview Feedback
----> Be sure to give feedback on your interview to help future applicants! :)

Good luck!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I paid the Supp. Fee on Jul 9th and haven't heard anything back yet. Anyone?

I paid the Supp. Fee on Jul 9th and haven't heard anything back yet. Anyone?
I heard they don't do interviews until later on in the cycle, possibly around September is when interviews invites are given out??

Members don't see this ad :)
They are certainly mulling the applications over... About a week or so after i submitted my app they requested an additional LOR from a basic science prof... but as far as anything regarding interviews or progression no. They also sent an email shortly after that said they were backed up and wont begin seriously doing stuff until September.

Crickets.....

Anybody else just get an email saying that they're a part of their competitive applicant pool?

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Got the same email. Thought it was going to be a rejection letter.

Received as well and I had read it as just a generic description saying that all their applicants are competitive.

But from reading prior year OHSU threads I think this is a good sign!

I got it too! Not sure if that's what they send everyone once they review our apps but hoping for the best! Everyone check your mail lol

I have a feeling the email is generically saying we're part of a competitive pool of applicants (everyone). Not the individual itself is competitive -- at least that's what I got from the email!

I have a feeling the email is generically saying we're part of a competitive pool of applicants (everyone). Not the individual itself is competitive -- at least that's what I got from the email!
They probably threw out all the applications that didn’t meet minimums and are left with us.

Does anybody know when they will start sending invitations for interviews? Also, how competitive do you think it is to get one? I don't know what is considered competitive for them based off DAT scores and GPA

Does anybody know when they will start sending invitations for interviews? Also, how competitive do you think it is to get one? I don't know what is considered competitive for them based off DAT scores and GPA

Last year the first date they started sending out was on 10/1.

The rest of your questions you can find with a simple search on their website...

I did not receive the "competitive applicant" email but did receive an interview invitation earlier last week. It was actually sitting in my spam folder! Check it regularly!!
Congratulations

I did not receive the "competitive applicant" email but did receive an interview invitation earlier last week. It was actually sitting in my spam folder! Check it regularly!!
What days did they offer you?

Congrats!!!

Do you mind sharing your stats and what interview dates were available?

I think pelamushi posted in the wrong forum haha, i think they meant to post in pre-med

Reactions: 2 users
Interview #4
School: Oregon
Notification date: 10/1
Method of notification: Email
Residency: OOS
Application complete date: application fee received 8/2
GPA (science, overall): 3.83, 3.78
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 22,20,24,24,none
Interview Date: tbd

I got an interview as well! We can schedule any day on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday or Friday. I chose October 11th.

Interview #3
School: Oregon
Residency: OOS
Application complete date: application fee received 07/12
GPA (science, overall): 3.98, 3.82
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 22,23,20,24,none
Interview Date: multiple dates to pick from all on Mon, Tues, Thurs, Fri

I did receive the "competitive" email for those who care

Interview #4
School:
OHSU
Notification date: 10/1/19
Residency: AZ
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/23
Application complete date: 7/24
GPA (science, overall): 3.9, 3.9
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 22/20/20/22/none

I just got an invite from OHSU. You are able to call and schedule whatever day works for you aside from a few dates.
Did you get an email from them saying your application is among a highly competitive pool? And which method did they use to send you the invitation?

Interview #3
School: OHSU
Residency: CA
Application complete date: 6/22
GPA (science, overall): 4.0, 3.99
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 22 / 22 / 20 / 23 / none
Interview Date: October 14th

Anyone know if they send in waves or all in one go? Got the competitive email, but nada.

Interview #3
School: OHSU
Residency: MI
Application complete date: 7/18
GPA (science, overall): 3.78, 3.88
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 22 / 23 / 20 / 21 / none
Interview Date: TBD

Hey guys, I received an invite yesterday and am debating whether I should go or not. It's my 9th interview invite and it's getting expensive. Oregon is the only school where I don't know any current students and little about their program outside of their info on their website. Can anyone fill me in on why you want to go here outside of the relatively small class size and nice facility?

Hey guys, I received an invite yesterday and am debating whether I should go or not. It's my 9th interview invite and it's getting expensive. Oregon is the only school where I don't know any current students and little about their program outside of their info on their website. Can anyone fill me in on why you want to go here outside of the relatively small class size and nice facility?

3 words - Pass No Pass :)

Hey everyone-this is a D1 here. The pre dental committee at OHSU is hosting a mock interview night next Thursday, October 10th. DM me if you are near the Portland area and are interested. (FYI-I went last year and it was really helpful prior to interviewing!!!)

If you don't feel like it's a school you really yearn to go to, then decline. I'm at that point as well. I'd rather decline and give someone else the shot rather than waste my money.

Felt the same way haha— applied to a lot of schools, not expecting or thinking about the high costs of attending interviews

I also got an interview 10/1! I’m OOS from CA. I’m interviewing 10/28, lmk if you are too!

Hey everyone-this is a D1 here. The pre dental committee at OHSU is hosting a mock interview night next Thursday, October 10th. DM me if you are near the Portland area and are interested. (FYI-I went last year and it was really helpful prior to interviewing!!!)

Thank you for posting this info! I would love to learn more about the mock interview. Like Speartooth, I am trying to reach out to you via DM, but to no avail.

I'm OOS and submitted my application on October 11th. Did anyone who applied late in previous cycles get a pre-December interview?

Hello,

I have a question regard the status update for OHSU school of dentistry. I was invited for an interview. However, after the interview my application status changed from "Invited for Interview" to "Received/Application Complete." Did this happen to anyone else?

Yeah I got the same thing too and I have already had my interview as well.

I wouldn’t worry about it.