****The Official Roseman Univ. Class of 2018 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

my last post was about being nervous for the interview... not just randomly nervous.

Members don't see this ad.

So... who is like totally nervousss... like shaking boots nervous... like tears streaming down cheek, hiding in a closet, under a blanket, breathing hard because of a panic attack nervous?

I am. Nervous but excited but nervous.

I still can't find information about the interview and what it is like. I get that it is "relaxed" (yeah right.... i will have no nails by the end of it) but what is this group activity all about.

Congrats to all others on their interviews, btw.

Haha thats how i was at my last (first) interview. But not that I got one down (and know what NOT to do haha) i feel like this one will go a lot more smoothly

Are there any group interviews at Roseman? Thank you very much for your help!

Members don't see this ad :)
So... who is like totally nervousss... like shaking boots nervous... like tears streaming down cheek, hiding in a closet, under a blanket, breathing hard because of a panic attack nervous?

I am. Nervous but excited but nervous.

I still can't find information about the interview and what it is like. I get that it is "relaxed" (yeah right.... i will have no nails by the end of it) but what is this group activity all about.

Congrats to all others on their interviews, btw.
I totally feel you on this one. It's my first interview on oct 11th, and I've never had an interview before. Also I'm kind of a timid person and get nervous in social settings! have been that way all my life. I hear the interview experience is very friendly though, and i hope it is more easy going and conversational than feeling like my integrity is under scrutiny. Ive read that beside the one on one interview, there is also a group discussion section where you are put in groups of around 10 people and given a topic to talk about, or an assignment such as, get to know another candidate and present what you learn about them to the rest of the group.

Im glad to see im not the only one who has the jitters, somehow it helps. Keep strong buddy! We will get through this and I'm sure in contrast to other challenges life has thrown us, this should be no problem by comparison!

So. My Status for Roseman went from Complete to under review again. Anyone else get this response?

Thanks for the reassurance and advice, and good luck! I know I definitely need it (just a little bit because otherwise i'll get jinxed, and that can't happen) And we will get through it... and we will get in and be the bestest dentistests in the whole world... no, the universe.

Thanks for the reassurance and advice, and good luck! I know I definitely need it (just a little bit because otherwise i'll get jinxed, and that can't happen) And we will get through it... and we will get in and be the bestest dentistests in the whole world... no, the universe.

lol exactly!

Hey this might be a dumb question but my interview is on oct 25 from 12pm-5pm, do I wear my suit the whole time? even when they take you to the playground and clinic stuff before the interview? Thanks.

Hey this might be a dumb question but my interview is on oct 25 from 12pm-5pm, do I wear my suit the whole time? even when they take you to the playground and clinic stuff before the interview? Thanks.

Absolutely yes! Please, dress professionally the entire time!

I read on here (or somewhere) that there's a group activity. Anyone know what the group discussion/activity could be? Just curious.

I read on here (or somewhere) that there's a group activity. Anyone know what the group discussion/activity could be? Just curious.

I'm not really sure, but I think i read somewhere that the group interview is similar to the multiple mini interview (MMI) format. If anyone who has interviewed there before can shine some light and dispute that, please do :)

Just got interview invite email. I keep calling but always get voicemail :annoyed:

Residency: Canadian
AADSAS mail-out date: July 5th 2013 (second batch)
GPA (science, overall): Science 3.59, Overall 3.55
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21/20/21/23/none (Canadian DAT)

Just got interview invite email. I keep calling but always get voicemail :annoyed:

Residency: Canadian
AADSAS mail-out date: July 5th 2013 (second batch)
GPA (science, overall): Science 3.59, Overall 3.55
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21/20/21/23/none (Canadian DAT)

Yeah, it's just like that. Keep calling and you'll get in eventually!

On a side note, my interview's on Friday at 8am, anyone else on here have that too? I know SirajK has his at 12pm

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm not really sure, but I think i read somewhere that the group interview is similar to the multiple mini interview (MMI) format. If anyone who has interviewed there before can shine some light and dispute that, please do :)

Current D2 here. Its not a group interview, but you do interview one other applicant in your group and report back about why he or she would be a good fit for the program. I think its more of an exercise to see how you all interact together.

Reactions: 1 user
Yeah, it's just like that. Keep calling and you'll get in eventually!

On a side note, my interview's on Friday at 8am, anyone else on here have that too? I know SirajK has his at 12pm
Oh, I didn't realize there were multiple interview groups. Definitely got some butterflies in my stomach for tomorrows interview but I have a feeling it will be alright. I arrived yesterday and took a drive around alpine loop today. It's absolutely stunning, and anyone who has the opportunity to take some time and explore the mountain area definitely should!

I wish you guys the best of luck

Oh, I didn't realize there were multiple interview groups. Definitely got some butterflies in my stomach for tomorrows interview but I have a feeling it will be alright. I arrived yesterday and took a drive around alpine loop today. It's absolutely stunning, and anyone who has the opportunity to take some time and explore the mountain area definitely should!

How far away is this from the school? I'll have some time after my interview before my flight leaves to explore.

Good luck to all! I'm nervous but hopefully it'll turn out well. Time is ticking now..

"The Admissions Committee has recently completed the review of your application. At this time, they have decided to put your application on hold until they receive your upcoming Fall term grades. "

So, does this mean that if I get all A's this semester, then there is a high possibility of interview? :confused:

What year are you? And what stats? I'm assuming you have already finished the pre-reqs and DATs?

How far away is this from the school? I'll have some time after my interview before my flight leaves to explore.

Its south of the school, probably takes about 25 minutes just to get to it. The scenic drive takes about an hour plus around 45 minutes to get out of the canyon and back to school on the highway. Its really an amazing drive (one of the many in Utah). Hopefully the weather gets nicer so you can fully enjoy it. Just be careful in the narrow hairpin turns if you go.

Last edited:

I think there's 2 groups of 48-50. Don't be nervous! The staff is great and the interviews are fairly low stress. There's one semi-intimidating professor on the admissions committee but I don't think he is even doing interviews in the afternoon session so don't worry! Good luck!

I think there's 2 groups of 48-50. Don't be nervous! The staff is great and the interviews are fairly low stress. There's one semi-intimidating professor on the admissions committee but I don't think he is even doing interviews in the afternoon session so don't worry! Good luck!
Ah, thank you so much for your words of encouragement, it is tremendously appreciated.

Slackin'! Hit the books McLawdog!

Hello everyone! So I will be interviewing on November 8th at 12:00 as well. I think everyone is as nervous as SugarBugSlayer, but I have an acquaintance who is now a D3 at Roseman, so I'll e-mail him about some more specifics with the interview process and let you all know what I find out (if he isn't too busy). Also, any of you who have already interviewed this cycle, we would all appreciate it if you gave us a breakdown of how it all went! Good luck everyone!

Reactions: 1 user
Hello everyone! So I will be interviewing on November 8th at 12:00 as well. I think everyone is as nervous as SugarBugSlayer, but I have an acquaintance who is now a D3 at Roseman, so I'll e-mail him about some more specifics with the interview process and let you all know what I find out (if he isn't too busy). Also, any of you who have already interviewed this cycle, we would all appreciate it if you gave us a breakdown of how it all went! Good luck everyone!

There were definitely a lot less than 50 people in the interview group. You first start out with a tour and then there is a "group interview" and a traditional interview but it was all really relaxed and the faculty were really nice! Good luck!

Please let us know if you obtain any sort of specifics with the interview! THANKS :)

Are you feeling excited for your interview?

You guys will do great, don't worry! I had my interview this past friday and there weren't any surprises, plus everyone there is very encouraging. My interviewer was really kind and had a genuine interest in what my motivations were for pursing dentistry. just be sure to eat something before you go because there aren't any real chances to eat anything during!

You guys will do great, don't worry! I had my interview this past friday and there weren't any surprises, plus everyone there is very encouraging. My interviewer was really kind and had a genuine interest in what my motivations were for pursing dentistry. just be sure to eat something before you go because there aren't any real chances to eat anything during!

They don't feed us lunch? Mine starts at 8am.

Is anyone interviewing on Oct 21st? I am looking for a hotel to stay at and was wondering how to get around.

Did anyone stay at a hotel that provided free shuttle service from the airport? Or is anyone renting a car?

I wish I was interviewing on Nov 20th instead... That's the day the Snowbird opens :( Terrible timing lol

This whole lunch issue is gona be tough ! I have been given lunch at every school i have interviewed so far ! Sounds like i gota stuff my face at 7 am and hope i dont get hungry by 12 :scared:

This whole lunch issue is gona be tough ! I have been given lunch at every school i have interviewed so far ! Sounds like i gota stuff my face at 7 am and hope i dont get hungry by 12 :scared:

You'll be done around noon, don't worry. They used to serve lunch when the interviews started at 10 and went to like 3-4pm

You'll be done around noon, don't worry. They used to serve lunch when the interviews started at 10 and went to like 3-4pm

If we have an interview scheduled in the afternoon, we shouldn't expect lunch? Am I understanding that correctly?

If we have an interview scheduled in the afternoon, we shouldn't expect lunch? Am I understanding that correctly?

If the interview starts at noon or 1? No you will not be provided lunch. At least they haven't been recently. Plan on eating beforehand. There are a lot of places to get food near the school.

I just rescheduled my interview from the oct 25th to nov. 8th. So if anyone wanted that spot, call Rebecca ASAP.

Also, I found out the hotel I'm staying at offers discounts to students interviewing at Roseman. I got a 15-20% discount .

Country Inn & Suites
10499 S Jordan Gateway
South Jordan, UT 84095

Anyone interviewing the same day as me? It would be nice if we could carpool. Thanks!

anybody that interviewed already have some tips for the guys interviewing later?

I just got an interview today and called around 2 pm pst to schedule any interview. I guess I was lucky to get them on the phone in one try =). I will be interviewing on oct 25th, if anyone wants to split transportation and or hotel cost pm me! :thumbup:

I got one on October 25th as well, I will be flying out Thursday night, hotels are pricey in Salt Lake City, but I think it's best to probably stay close to airport..

Hey all!

Just thought I might check..any current Roseman dental students out there who wouldn't mind hosting an interviewee.?.! I can make cookies!( after the interview lol:) (girls preferably but I am pretty flexible..) Thanks!! P.S. my interview is this Friday, I'll be coming Thursday night. Plz pm me if you'd be able to host. Thanks!

Last edited:
Just got the interview invite! What what!

Edit: interviewing nov 8th

Last edited:
got my invite a couple days ago, interviewing Nov. 22nd!! :) excited

Looks like the room is all set up for those interviewing tomorrow. Good luck! :thumbup:

For those who have already had their interview for the morning session at 8AM, what time can we expect to leave the interview? (I know it said the process would last 5 hours but I just wanted to check if they tend to run late/early.)

I've got my interview Nov. 8 at 8AM: is anyone going to the SLC airport after that can give me a ride? I'm definitely happy to split the cost. PM me.

For those who have already had their interview for the morning session at 8AM, what time can we expect to leave the interview? (I know it said the process would last 5 hours but I just wanted to check if they tend to run late/early.)

I've got my interview Nov. 8 at 8AM: is anyone going to the SLC airport after that can give me a ride? I'm definitely happy to split the cost. PM me.
They have interviews scheduled at 12:00 PM so I doubt that we'll be there later than that... I would give you a ride, but I'm carpooling with an afternoon applicant, so wont be driving back till later.

Scheduled interview for Nov 22nd! :) For anyone that has done the interview can you give us the run down of how it went?! So excited!!

so pumped for my first interview at this school on Nov 8th !!!

how did people like their interview experience at Roseman ?

so pumped for my first interview at this school on Nov 8th !!!

how did people like their interview experience at Roseman ?

Hey I'll be there too! The whole day I hear Is way relaxed

Anyone staying at the Country Inn & Suites By Carlson ? Wana share a cab to school on the interview day ? PM me

Hey guys, is it okay if I carry my luggage with me to school? or should I just leave it in the hotel?

I will be arriving SLC tomorrow at 4pm and staying in Sleep Inn. PM me if anyone would like to share a cab!

(My interview is 12pm)