****The Official Roseman Univ. Class of 2018 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Hey guys, is it okay if I carry my luggage with me to school? or should I just leave it in the hotel?

I will be arriving SLC tomorrow at 4pm and staying in Sleep Inn. PM me if anyone would like to share a cab!

(My interview is 12pm)

I'd say do whatever is most convenient. I've done both and have never had a problem with a dental school holding onto it.

Members don't see this ad.

I will be arriving at slc airport today nov 7th 930 pm . If anyone needs a ride to the hotel, leave your email :). I decided to rent a car

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Im excited to see everyone at Roseman tomorrow. The school is freaking nice!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello everyone, so I chatted with a D3 and they gave me a breakdown of their experience, although it may have changed now. He says it starts with a 1.5 to 2 hour long orientation to the curriculum, financial aid, and all that jazz. Then, you get a tour of the campus, which I will assume is 30-45 mins long. Afterwards you are put into groups of 2 and interview your partner, and then will present what you learned about them to everyone else. Once that is finished, you will be broken into groups of 10-15 and given a problem or task to complete as a group (I don't know if they still do this). Finally you have an interview with a faculty member (I don't know for how long), but the D3 and everyone else has said everything is very relaxed and conversational, so it doesn't really feel like an interview at all. That is about the entire interview process, or at least what it was 3 years ago upon the opening of Roseman. Good luck everyone, I'm flying out really early tomorrow morning for the 12 o clock interview, so see you all soon and don't forget to dress warm!

Hello all, so I have made it a point to write a breakdown of my interview experience for each school to help out those that are interviewing after I am. I know this gives the later people a bit of an edge, but I figure that's ok haha.

So first things first, there were 57 applicants but a few didn't make it due delayed/cancelled flights and transportation problems, so there were probably supposed to be 60. Roseman expects to interview roughly 400 applicants (I think it is closer to 450) for 80 available seats. So that means, to me, that roughly 160 people will be extended an invitation to the school by the end of this cycle. That means a roughly 35-40% chance of acceptance if you interview, which really isn't too bad if you think about it.

We were all split up into 4 groups depending on a letter on your ID badge (Groups A-D) and went on tours of the campus held in part by both D2 and D3 students. The campus is VERY nice, with a fantastic modern feel (for those of you who have yet to see the campus). It isn't an especially large campus, but it gives off an especially laid back impression, and is definitely conducive to relaxation and a decrease of stress. After the tour you get a packet, pen, and water and receive a breakdown with regards to the school's curriculum and values. That takes about one hour or so, followed by a 15 minute financial aid session (basically loans, HPSP and NHSC), and that is followed by a 15 minute break. After the break, depending on what group you are in you will either wind up going to your faculty interview, a dental student info session, or complete the 1 hour group activity. I had my interview first, so you are brought to your individual rooms where the faculty member is waiting in their office. You introduce yourself and I was immediately asked a question with regards to manual dexterity, which lead to thoughts on where I want to practice, whether I want to specialize, why I chose Roseman, and I'm sure other questions that I don't remember. It was very relaxed and I the time flew by. There were no unexpected questions, and from the others I talked to that is generally how everyone's interview went. They just want to make sure you're a person and capable of holding a conversation really. Then your group has a breakout session with 2 dental students from every year. This was a fun conversation, and they clue you into life at this school. I really enjoyed the laid back feel of everything, and with the block schedule you have a free weekend every other week which would be really nice.

Next was the group activity. You break up into groups of 7 and interview everyone in your group and then decide on who will give a 30 second presentation on whom. This is truly used to show your ability to work together and represent another person. So you are not being judged by how someone describes you, but how you describe another candidate and just why they would be a good fit for the school. You have to present in from of everyone so if you have a fear of public speaking like I do, this will be the most terrifying portion of the interview. After you finish presenting, you go back into your groups and debrief and bond over the experience.

Afterwards Dr. Harmon gives some parting words with regards to any last questions and what to expect with acceptances and alternate status. After that you are free to leave and be on your merry way. This was honestly the shortest interview I have yet to have, being 4 3/4 hours as opposed to 6. It was very relaxed, and be sure just to be yourself, like everyone says. If you don't get in to Roseman, there are many other schools out there (if a 40% possibility isn't good enough for you). I was thoroughly impressed and could see myself attending this dental school, but so far that is what I have thought about every school I have interviewed at. My flight is boarding now and I want to send this out, so I am not going to proofread this or anything. Good luck everyone and PM me if you have any questions. I would be happy to answer what I can. Good luck everyone!!!

Reactions: 4 users
Hey guys!!!

I have an interview at Roseman on the 22nd of Nov. I will be flying into SLC airport on the 21st and staying at a nearby hotel (1 mile away from school) and leaving the hotel right after the interview to head back to SLC. I was wondering if anyone would be interested in sharing the cab with me. Please PM me.

Take Care!

Last edited:
Has anyones status defined on AADSAS changed after your interview date?

I interviewed in late October and AADSAS still says "Invited for Interview".

Does anyone know how many people are interviewed and accepted?

I recall hearing that they interview ~500 people over the course of the entire application cycle. On December 2nd, they will accept only the total class size (which is 70 or so people).

I recall hearing that they interview ~500 people over the course of the entire application cycle. On December 2nd, they will accept only the total class size (which is 70 or so people).
Class size is 80 ppl and the head of admissions said he will accept 150% of the class size ( 120 ppl ) on Dec 2nd.

Class size is 80 ppl and the head of admissions said he will accept 150% of the class size ( 120 ppl ) on Dec 2nd.

On my interview day, the dean (Dr.Harmon?) said they will only accept up the maximum size of the class. Maybe during the whole application cycle that's how many they'll accept, but as for Dec 2, he said only the class size. He even made a it a point to tell a lengthy story about a university he used to work at accepting 150% of the class and screwing themselves as too many students accepted their offer.

On my interview day, the dean (Dr.Harmon?) said they will only accept up the maximum size of the class. Maybe during the whole application cycle that's how many they'll accept, but as for Dec 2, he said only the class size. He even made a it a point to tell a lengthy story about a university he used to work at accepting 150% of the class and screwing themselves as too many students accepted their offer.
Well , surely I am mistaken then. I thought they accept more than their class size ! Ya, he said Bailor Med did that awhile ago......and it didn't end well.

Members don't see this ad :)

So do I understand it right in thinking that 100% of the class will be accepted on Dec 2? If so, I am a little confused about some talk I have heard about pre and post December interviews. I realize that alternate spots will be given out, but if they do post December interviews, then surely they are not just doing them to get more alternates right?

So do I understand it right in thinking that 100% of the class will be accepted on Dec 2? If so, I am a little confused about some talk I have heard about pre and post December interviews. I realize that alternate spots will be given out, but if they do post December interviews, then surely they are not just doing them to get more alternates right?
Not everyone is going to accept their offer. By accepting 100% of the class, they're really only going to fill half the class initially.

Any news ? did anybody get a call from Dr.Harrman ?

Its only 6:40 on the west coast, so only 7 in SLC. there's still time. :)

Has anyone's status changed from "Invited for Interview"?

That's either good news or bad news for all of us! :)

Roseman must be sleeping in this morning.

Reactions: 1 users
So who is gonna make "the phone call", and take a hit for the team?

I'm gonna go for a run. The waiting is killing me!

What is the area code for Roseman? I feel like I'm jumping to conclusions, but I got a missed call (no voicemail) on my phone from an unfamiliar, 801 area code. I feel like if it was Roseman they'd leave a voicemail :/

What is the area code for Roseman? I feel like I'm jumping to conclusions, but I got a missed call (no voicemail) on my phone from an unfamiliar, 801 area code. I feel like if it was Roseman they'd leave a voicemail :/

Unless you know people in the area, that is Roseman. How long ago was this?

801 would be the right area code. I'm from 40 minutes south of roseman.

I would assume the only reason they would call you would be to offer an acceptance! When did you interview?

I would assume the only reason they would call you would be to offer an acceptance! When did you interview?

I interviewed in October. Whywould they not leave a message? I'm gonna shoot myself if it was a misfortunate and coincidental telemarketer call from the same area code hahaha

I got a call from an unfamiliar 801 number this morning and the girl was even named Rebecca. I about had a heart attack, only to find out she had nothing to do with Roseman. Haha

Reactions: 6 users
I got a call from an unfamiliar 801 number this morning and the girl was even named Rebecca. I about had a heart attack, only to find out she had nothing to do with Roseman. Haha

These random 801 residents are just trolling us!

Reactions: 3 users
Jeez, I know the only 801 # that would call me would be Roseman! I'm not sure why they wouldn't leave a message longcat. Seems like no one has heard definitely from roseman yet!

Type the number into google. If it was a telemarketer you can usual find out from google. I don't see why Roseman would not leave a voicemail if it was them!

Man I wonder what is going on? This isn't normal right? It's already 12pm there :(

I dont think we should worry coz its not like some of us have heard back. No one has heard back so I guess they are taking their time or something lol which is killing me too but all we can do it wait :smack:

I dont think we should worry coz its not like some of us have heard back. No one has heard back so I guess they are taking their time or something lol which is killing me too but all we can do it wait :smack:

Yeah I hope so!! All we can do it wait :/

Ok, I just called back that 801 number who called. It just rang and rang and rang. 99.99% sure this mystery call was not from Roseman.

Lol, of all days for me to get a random 801 area code call, why this one?! What a tease.

are schools obligated to inform students today ?

I recall Dr. Harmon saying to be near our phones this week. So maybe they aren't finished with their decisions and are waiting a little longer? who knows :/