*** The Official RUTGERS Class of 2018 Interview/Acceptance Thread ***

Started by paymaant
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
when you sign up to take the DAT you are given the option to choose which schools to release your scores to upon completion of the exam.

if you chose rutgers (or umdnj when it was still called that) you have nothing to worry about and it will work itself out.

Ah okay, got it. Thank you!
 
i don't think so.. alot of ppl just submitted their applications and got interviews a few days later! in a way i think they are looking at the new ones before the old ones because i still didnt get an interview and ppl who applied after me are 🙁

batches please??
I don't think batches matter too much for interview invites. Of course, being early helps but if you submit early and you don't fit what they are looking for then they will keep going with other applicants and maybe they will go back to you later in the cycle. Also, this means that they are not necessarily looking at the recently submitted apps (and giving them more consideration) compared to those submitted earlier. This has been underlined by different schools such as Case. Just submit early and wait, the "what was your batch" question will not make time go any faster.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I don't think batches matter too much for interview invites. Of course, being early helps but if you submit early and you don't fit what they are looking for then they will keep going with other applicants and maybe they will go back to you later in the cycle. Also, this means that they are not necessarily looking at the recently submitted apps (and giving them more consideration) compared to those submitted earlier. This has been underlined by different schools such as Case. Just submit early and wait, the "what was your batch" question will not make time go any faster.

why so serious?
 
If one has decent stats and is OOS and just submitted your supplmental fee, do you think it is too late?
It's definitely not too late, I know people who want to get into rutgers Dental and just took the DAT this week and it takes up to 6 weeks to process so I'd say you are in decent shape with timing, so do not worry!
 
I was offered an interview for October 11th too! It's weird though, because when they emailed me, my letters weren't even submitted yet...
 
Last year I completed my app in mid July, took my DAT August 31, and got an interview invite mid to late September for early November. I know people in my class that took the exam in September and got in with interviews at end of November. I understand your anticipation but give it a few more weeks!
 
I was also offered an interview last week for October 11. Is that the earliest date? If not, can anyone give us insight into the interview?
 
School: RSDM
Date of notification: 9/9/13
Method of notification: E-mail
Residency: NJ
AADSAS mail-out date: end of august
GPA (science, overall): 3.4
DAT (AA/TS): 21/21
 
Interview invite for Nov. 1st, today!
App. under review 8/19

Hi. Congrats🙂 are u a resident of nj? also, by the under review email do u mean the one this one:
...This is to acknowledge receipt of your application to the Rutgers School of Dental Medicine.

Please be advised that your letters of recommendation and transcripts should be sent directly to the application service, AADSAS, as per their instructions. Our application fee is $85.00; this payment should be made payable to Rutgers School of Dental Medicine and sent directly to the dental school if you have not done so already. Please be sure that your name and AADSAS Number or DENT PIN is on your check or money order.

Your DAT scores must be released by you through the American Dental Association (ADA) so that we may retrieve your scores. Applicants selected for an interview will be notified via e-mail.
...
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Did anyone receive an application complete from them? I did receive an email stating they received my AADSAS, but at that point I had not mailed my check out yet. I confirmed that my check was eventually cashed, but I haven't heard anything else. Am I missing something?
 
getting a little worried. My stats are 3.5 for both science and overall, NJ resident and a 22 AA/22 TS. My AADSAS and application complete date were 7/18. When will they send more invites?
 
Did anyone receive an application complete from them? I did receive an email stating they received my AADSAS, but at that point I had not mailed my check out yet. I confirmed that my check was eventually cashed, but I haven't heard anything else. Am I missing something?

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=1028931

if you've confirmed they have your money, and you know your app is complete on the aadsas side, you're probably set
 
Hi. Congrats🙂 are u a resident of nj? also, by the under review email do u mean the one this one:
...This is to acknowledge receipt of your application to the Rutgers School of Dental Medicine.

Please be advised that your letters of recommendation and transcripts should be sent directly to the application service, AADSAS, as per their instructions. Our application fee is $85.00; this payment should be made payable to Rutgers School of Dental Medicine and sent directly to the dental school if you have not done so already. Please be sure that your name and AADSAS Number or DENT PIN is on your check or money order.

Your DAT scores must be released by you through the American Dental Association (ADA) so that we may retrieve your scores. Applicants selected for an interview will be notified via e-mail.
...
OOS (NY). I think 8/19 was the date listed on AADSAS for under review.
 
Got an interview for Nov today! It seems like a late interview date, but I'm so happy for this chance. So excited!
 
Last edited:
School: RSDM
Date of notification: 9/13/13
Method of notification: E-mail
Residency: NY
AADSAS mail-out date: end of august
GPA (science, overall): 3.41, 3.51
DAT (AA/TS/PAT): 18/18/20

hi. i got better scores than you and i am also a ny resident. i still didn't get an interview from here and i did gateway to dentistry. is there something outstanding on your application? i don't mean to be mean or rude in any way but i am just wondering y i didn't get one yet. I got a 21 AA and TS and a 20 PAT. my gpa is about the same as yours and i also did their gateway program...and i applied early july 🙁
 
hi. i got better scores than you and i am also a ny resident. i still didn't get an interview from here and i did gateway to dentistry. is there something outstanding on your application? i don't mean to be mean or rude in any way but i am just wondering y i didn't get one yet. I got a 21 AA and TS and a 20 PAT. my gpa is about the same as yours and i also did their gateway program...and i applied early july 🙁

You realize that admission to dental schools isn't just about stats right??

I got an interview at a school with a 19aa dat while the dat average of the school is 20. There were also other applicants on sdn with 22AA who got rejected from this school.
 
You realize that admission to dental schools isn't just about stats right??

I got an interview at a school with a 19aa dat while the dat average of the school is 20. There were also other applicants on sdn with 22AA who got rejected from this school.

i totally understand that...and thats y im asking if he/she had something amazing on their application...i just want to know the reason i still didn't get one

and i know its kind of luck but lets b realistic, there has to b some way they sort through applications
 
i totally understand that...and thats y im asking if he/she had something amazing on their application...i just want to know the reason i still didn't get one

and i know its kind of luck but lets b realistic, there has to b some way they sort through applications

He is URM and prior military.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Rutgers just gave me my first interview. I was a little late -- AADSAS submitted 8/30, application under review 9/13, interview offered on 9/30 for 10/18.

State: CA
Age: 30
DAT: 23AA/22TS/21PAT
GPA: 3.9 (50 units of career-changer post-bac); 2.9 (overall); 3.4 (BCP); 3.2 (science)
 
My interview experience was terrific! I really liked the school and the students seemed very happy. I talked to some of the other interviewees and we all had different interview questions so it is tough to prepare. Just know your stuff on your app and remember they arent looking for the answer to your question as much as how you act and body language. Best of luck to you guys!

Also, with Rutgers buying them, they have access to many different things including more funds and renovating the school....should be great!
 
Does anyone know when Rutgers made decisions last year? were they on Dec 1 for those that interviewed pre-dec?
 
Does anyone know when Rutgers made decisions last year? were they on Dec 1 for those that interviewed pre-dec?

We were told during the information session given by Dr. Chaviano that we will be notified on Dec. 2nd with either an acceptance, rejection, or wait-listed.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
If anyone interviewed this year at Rutgers. Would you share ur experience ??
The agenda, who many interviews ? How long?? Who interviewed u? Any weird questions??

Do u know what are the chances of getting in for oos ??

Thanks everyone