***The Official Rutgers Class of 2022 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got an interview invitation for January 5th today. Caught me off guard because I thought school forgot about me lol

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Congratulations on being accepted to the Rutgers School of Dental Medicine for the class of 2022! Acceptance is a huge accomplishment, and all the current students here at Rutgers would like to congratulate you. Great work!

My name is George; I’m the class president of 2021. Now that you’ve been accepted, take some time to relax, you’ve all earned it. The hardest part is over, but you still have one more big decision to make: Where to attend.

The whole E-board and I are here to answer any and all questions you have about the school. Seriously, ask us anything that you want. We want to help you make the best decision, and if you decide to attend Rutgers, we’ll be here to make the transition smooth and easy. We can also connect you with anyone else in the school who might have had the same questions or concerns that you have.

For example: Are you deciding between Rutgers and School X? Are you from out-of-state? Are you wondering about where to live? We can answer any of your questions or find you a current student who was in the same situation.

Like I said, take some time to relax and enjoy some much deserved time with family and friends. When you’re ready to start thinking about where to attend, we (and the whole student body here at Rutgers) will be here to help you.

-George
Is commuting feasible if I live around 40 minutes away from Rutgers?

I'll say NO, but you should ask on the Facebook page so other students can answer. But they'll probably say the same thing.

I know at least one student in our class who does it 40 minutes; it seems like hell for her.

You might think it's 40 minutes away from Newark, but have you calculated that during rush hour? Commuters tend to arrive very early and leave very late to avoid insane traffic. And what happens if you have a test one morning? Commute times can double around here some days. But again, you should ask on the facebook to let some commuters answer the question.

Even ignoring traffic, that's 80 minutes every single day. As a student, you have no idea how valuable that extra time will be.

I don't think it's worth it at all. You can find an apartment in Newark that costs the same as the car payment + gas + insurance + upkeep/repairs

Members don't see this ad :)

If your parents are the ones who live 40 minutes away, and living at home would enhance your dental school experience (by them feeding you, giving you your needed space/quiet to study, maybe even doing your laundry or handling car repairs), then definitely consider living at home. Don't just throw it away based on distance. Yes, the commute will still stink, especially during rush hour, but you've got to consider both sides. Also, if you can swing a carpool from your area, you can relax/snooze/study/make good use of your time in the car. My 20 minute commute is karaoke therapy-time. :)

If what's 40 minutes away are your friends though, I'd consider moving closer to Newark. Because you're going to be giving more of your time to school than to them.

Reactions: 1 users
Just got an invited for an interview on the 12th! This is my first interview does anyone have any tips?

Another commuter on the 2022 FB page answered this question as well. He says that it's do-able. He arrives early and leaves late to avoid traffic, but so far he has managed. It might be worth it to reach out to him and ask him more about the experience.

Same here. Do you guys think its a good idea to call or email and ask what was lacking in my application?

My gut feeling is to say that doing so would be unprofessional. I would NOT recommend it. It happens to hundreds of students every year; I doubt the committee would tell you anyway. All you can do is focus on any other applications still going for this cycle or gear up for next year. You can always increase your DAT score, get involved with volunteering, improve your essay, etc.

I did not complete the supplemental application or pay the application fee to Rutgers and just got an interview invitation for January 15th?

My gut feeling is to say that doing so would be unprofessional. I would NOT recommend it. It happens to hundreds of students every year; I doubt the committee would tell you anyway. All you can do is focus on any other applications still going for this cycle or gear up for next year. You can always increase your DAT score, get involved with volunteering, improve your essay, etc.

I believe this is incorrect. You have the right to know what on your application was not up to par with what they were looking for. As long as you ask politely and not demand answers, they may tell you. However, all schools are different but there is no harm in asking. I know UNC will tell you exactly what was lacking on your application and that they value second-time applicants, but again, each school varies. (coming from an RSDM upperclassman)

Members don't see this ad :)
Declined my seat in this class! Wish you all the best of luck! Happy New Year!

Does anyone know what the deadlines for deposits are like if you get accepted to Rutgers at this point? I still have interviews coming up that will likely happen after I hear about an admission decision from Rutgers.

Does anyone know what the deadlines for deposits are like if you get accepted to Rutgers at this point? I still have interviews coming up that will likely happen after I hear about an admission decision from Rutgers.

You should be able to find this on the website somewhere. Most schools have a policy where between dates X and Y, you have Z days to respond. But if accepted between dates A and B, you have C.

Always play it safe. Put a deposit down somewhere you've been accepted, then hope for the best.

Has anyone who interviewed Post-Dec heard anything back from Rutgers yet?

I have the same question, I interviewed early December and haven't heard anything back yet. Good luck to everyone :)

Same! My interview was December 15th. I emailed Dr. Chaviano and she said no decisions would be released before January 8th so thats the most I know

Just got accepted! Interview was Dec 8!

Reactions: 2 users
Also got the acceptance call 2 days ago!!

Reactions: 2 users
I was accepted to Rutgers and was wondering if I should contact Rutgers about a class I will no longer be taking because it is no longer being offered?

Last edited:
I was accepted to Rutgers and was wondering if I should contact Rutgers about a class I will no longer be taking because it is no longer being offered( it is not a pre req. However it is listed on my aadsas. I believe after the academic update goes through I can remove that course and update my aadsas. Should I still be contacting Rutgers about this ?

Always better to be safe. If the school isn't offering it anymore, and it wasn't a Pre-Req, I doubt it would be a problem. But I'd let them know just to make sure.

Just a reminder: We're here to answer any questions you have. We also set up the 2022 facebook page where we can answer questions as well.

I believe this is incorrect. You have the right to know what on your application was not up to par with what they were looking for. As long as you ask politely and not demand answers, they may tell you. However, all schools are different but there is no harm in asking. I know UNC will tell you exactly what was lacking on your application and that they value second-time applicants, but again, each school varies. (coming from an RSDM upperclassman)

Can you share how you contacted UNC to ask this question?

Interviewed on Dec 15. It seems like a few people have been offered acceptances after Dr. Chaviano’s Jan 8 deadline. My question is whether or not those of us who haven’t heard back yet are destined for the waitlist.

last friday was the last interview date, so if you haven't been invited for an interview yet, unfortunately you have been rejected

You should be able to find this on the website somewhere. Most schools have a policy where between dates X and Y, you have Z days to respond. But if accepted between dates A and B, you have C.

Always play it safe. Put a deposit down somewhere you've been accepted, then hope for the best.
So according to the ADEA, the rules are that if you get accepted between Dec 1st-Jan 31st you have 30 days to respond and if you get accepted between Feb 1st-May 15th you have 15 days to respond

So according to the ADEA, the rules are that if you get accepted between Dec 1st-Jan 31st you have 30 days to respond and if you get accepted between Feb 1st-May 15th you have 15 days to respond

But it doesn't seem like schools actually adhere to that. Rutgers only gave me 18 days.

Did anyone who interviewed in January hear back yet? :oops:

I got waitlisted too. I'm not that surprised because school told us that interviewees will most likely be waitlisted when I interviewed in January lol

Status
Not open for further replies.