***The Official Rutgers Class of 2022 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nope

Members don't see this ad.

keep punching on my F5 button

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Hey, future members of Class of 2022! D-Day is here! I'm sure some of y'all are freaking out right now; I was in those shoes 365 days ago. I barely slept that night, and I was so tired/nauseated/emotionally drained the next day that I had to take a nap before I could call my family to share the good news!

I had applied to 9 schools and interviewed at 5. My Rutgers interview was on September 9th, 2016, one of their first weeks of interviews. I received my acceptance from Rutgers at 8:04 am on December 1st, along with acceptances from two other schools that day, a fourth acceptance several weeks later, and a wait-list. Now I'm a proud dental student in Rutgers Class of 2021.

If you have any questions, ask away, and I'll do my best to answer as promptly as I can. I'll also work on recruiting some other classmates to swing by here and help out. Please bear with us if a response is delayed; we're entering finals now.

Good luck, future dentists! :soexcited:

School: RSDM
Notification date: 8/8/16
Method of notification: Email
Residency: OOS
Application complete date: 7/3/16
GPA (science, overall): 3.64, 3.78
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 22/23/22/21/(none below 17)

Reactions: 1 user
Hey, future members of Class of 2022! D-Day is here! I'm sure some of y'all are freaking out right now; I was in those shoes 365 days ago. I barely slept that night, and I was so tired/nauseated/emotionally drained the next day that I had to take a nap before I could call my family to share the good news!

I had applied to 9 schools and interviewed at 5. My Rutgers interview was on September 9th, 2016, one of their first weeks of interviews. I received my acceptance from Rutgers at 8:04 am on December 1st, along with acceptances from two other schools that day, a fourth acceptance several weeks later, and a wait-list. Now I'm a proud dental student in Rutgers Class of 2021.

If you have any questions, ask away, and I'll do my best to answer as promptly as I can. I'll also work on recruiting some other classmates to swing by here and help out. Please bear with us if a response is delayed; we're entering finals now.

Good luck, future dentists! :soexcited:

School: RSDM
Notification date: 8/8/16
Method of notification: Email
Residency: OOS
Application complete date: 7/3/16
GPA (science, overall): 3.64, 3.78
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 22/23/22/21/(none below 17)
What the heck I totally misinterpreted this post for like 10 secs.

Accepted!! Good luck everyone!!

Reactions: 2 users
Acceptance #1 by email! So excited! I'm gonna be a dentist!

Members don't see this ad :)
mine AADSAS changed to "check back dec 1" but still no email

Are all applicants not accepted placed on the waitlist?

or are some rejected?

Accepted!

Anyone know if all pre-dec applicants are either accepted or waitlisted?

Are any rejected on Dec 1?

Congratulations on being accepted to the Rutgers School of Dental Medicine for the class of 2022! Acceptance is a huge accomplishment, and all the current students here at Rutgers would like to congratulate you. Great work!

My name is George; I’m the class president of 2021. Now that you’ve been accepted, take some time to relax, you’ve all earned it. The hardest part is over, but you still have one more big decision to make: Where to attend.

The whole E-board and I are here to answer any and all questions you have about the school. Seriously, ask us anything that you want. We want to help you make the best decision, and if you decide to attend Rutgers, we’ll be here to make the transition smooth and easy. We can also connect you with anyone else in the school who might have had the same questions or concerns that you have.

For example: Are you deciding between Rutgers and School X? Are you from out-of-state? Are you wondering about where to live? We can answer any of your questions or find you a current student who was in the same situation.

Like I said, take some time to relax and enjoy some much deserved time with family and friends. When you’re ready to start thinking about where to attend, we (and the whole student body here at Rutgers) will be here to help you.

-George

Last edited:
Congratulations on being accepted to the Rutgers School of Medicine for the class of 2022! Acceptance is a huge accomplishment, and all the current students here at Rutgers would like to congratulate you. Great work!

My name is George; I’m the class president of 2021. Now that you’ve been accepted, take some time to relax, you’ve all earned it. The hardest part is over, but you still have one more big decision to make: Where to attend.

The whole E-board and I are here to answer any and all questions you have about the school. Seriously, ask us anything that you want. We want to help you make the best decision, and if you decide to attend Rutgers, we’ll be here to make the transition smooth and easy. We can also connect you with anyone else in the school who might have had the same questions or concerns that you have.

For example: Are you deciding between Rutgers and School X? Are you from out-of-state? Are you wondering about where to live? We can answer any of your questions or find you a current student who was in the same situation.

Like I said, take some time to relax and enjoy some much deserved time with family and friends. When you’re ready to start thinking about where to attend, we (and the whole student body here at Rutgers) will be here to help you.

-George

What should I do to maximize my chances of getting off the waitlist?

We have also created a FaceBook page for you all to talk with each other and reach out to the E-board with questions. We encourage everyone to join, and we'll be there to help you make the big decision and make the transition to school as smooth as possible.

The Group is Rutgers School of Dental Medicine- Class of 2022

It's an open group for you all to join

See you all there!

Reactions: 1 users
What should I do to maximize my chances of getting off the waitlist?

A waitlist decision brings a lot of mixed feelings; we've all been there. Fortunately, the good news is that it's still December, and the chances of being accepted are definitely there. What can you do now? If you're still in school, keep working hard. The school will be looking at your admissions update when the semester ends. Other than that, there's not much you can actively do. Some say that you can POLITELY check in with the school to say you are still interested and would attend if accepted. However, now is NOT the time for that, because acceptances are only just beginning; maybe check in sometime in March once the admissions committee has a better picture of what the admissions cycle looks like. But I'm not sure that would change any minds.

I will reach out to classmates who were accepted off the waitlist for advice.

A waitlist decision brings a lot of mixed feelings; we've all been there. Fortunately, the good news is that it's still December, and the chances of being accepted are definitely there. What can you do now? If you're still in school, keep working hard. The school will be looking at your admissions update when the semester ends. Other than that, there's not much you can actively do. Some say that you can POLITELY check in with the school to say you are still interested and would attend if accepted. However, now is NOT the time for that, because acceptances are only just beginning; maybe check in sometime in March once the admissions committee has a better picture of what the admissions cycle looks like. But I'm not sure that would change any minds.

I will reach out to classmates who were accepted off the waitlist for advice.

Thanks I appreciate it. Rutgers is my top choice and I honestly thought I had a great shot at a Dec 1 acceptance since I did their MBS and did well in their program. I know several of the Dental faculty and have done research in their D. School.

Unfortunate news.

Are all applicants not accepted placed on the waitlist?

or are some rejected?

If you haven't heard back from a dental school yet, you've been wait-listed. But don't worry! There's plenty of turnover as the months go by. Things turn around so fast. :)

If you haven't heard back from a dental school yet, you've been wait-listed. But don't worry! There's plenty of turnover as the months go by. Things turn around so fast. :)

I heard back, I was waitlisted. I was just curious if ALL pre-dec interviewees are placed on the waitlist.

Or is being on the waitlist somewhat "exclusive", meaning you do have "some chance".

I heard back, I was waitlisted. I was just curious if ALL pre-dec interviewees are placed on the waitlist.

Or is being on the waitlist somewhat "exclusive", meaning you do have "some chance".

Ah, thanks for clarifying. Dr. Chaviano has told pre-Dec interview groups in the past that they should be receiving their acceptance, rejection, or wait-list update promptly on December 1st.

I'm sure it's not common, but it's entirely possible for a pre-Dec interviewed student to receive a rejection on Dec 1st. I'm speculating here, but a situation like that likely reflects something unsatisfactory from either the interview or from the updated transcript (if you're still in undergrad).

Congratulations on being accepted to the Rutgers School of Dental Medicine for the class of 2022! Acceptance is a huge accomplishment, and all the current students here at Rutgers would like to congratulate you. Great work!

-George
Do you know any current students who was choosing between Rutgers and Temple?

A reminder to everyone: We can take your questions on the 2022 Facebook group as well.

Rutgers School of Dental Medicine- Class of 2022

Congrats again!

A reminder to everyone: We can take your questions on the 2022 Facebook group as well.

Rutgers School of Dental Medicine- Class of 2022

Congrats again!

Quick question - what is the length of the breaks we get throughout the four years? Specifically, how long is our summer break, winter break? Do they vary throughout the four years? Thank you!

Quick question - what is the length of the breaks we get throughout the four years? Specifically, how long is our summer break, winter break? Do they vary throughout the four years? Thank you!

They vary for each class year. See if I remember them correctly off the top of my head...

Winters : Usually mid-Dec to early January. 2nd years have a longer break, but they have to take boards.
Spring: One week, usually in March
Summers:
D1- Late June - Late August
D2 - Late June - Late July (early return for clinic orientation)
D3 - About 2/3 weeks in Summer

Don't quote me on any of those, but that should give you a rough picture.

Do you mind me asking why? Is it something really important for you?

Could you help me with advice for Rutgers for upenn?

They vary for each class year. See if I remember them correctly off the top of my head...

Winters : Usually mid-Dec to early January. 2nd years have a longer break, but they have to take boards.
Summers:

uld you

Summers:

So D1s have almost 2 months of summer break, and that time shrinks as we progress, correct? I know students at some schools don't get much of a break at all, while other schools have dedicated breaks...am curious to see how much breathing room we'll get to leave campus and spend time with friends and family back at home. Thank you for the info!

So D1s have almost 2 months of summer break, and that time shrinks as we progress, correct? I know students at some schools don't get much of a break at all, while other schools have dedicated breaks...am curious to see how much breathing room we'll get to leave campus and spend time with friends and family back at home. Thank you for the info!

Yes, we have a nice break the first Summer, then it progressively shrinks. Also remember you will have winter and spring breaks.

If we have a post-december interview (this friday), how long does it typically take to hear back with a decision? Any prior experiences?

Is Rutgers sending out post December interviews in February as well? Or is it only until the end of January?

Can you send me your thoughts on the other schools in the area (ie NYU, Columbia, UPenn). What have you heard about these schools in comparison to Rutgers?

Is Rutgers sending out post December interviews in February as well? Or is it only until the end of January?

I am not sure. People think they send out interviews in batches. Right now, schools are probably waiting on the first round of students to make decisions. If you've applied, the only thing left to do is sit back and relax. Be patient (I know it can be difficult).

Committed to Rutgers!

That's very exciting to hear! Congratulations again! You asked about the schedule before, right? If you PM me your email address, I will send you the schedule for all 4 classes this year. It will change for next year, but not by much.

Has anyone gotten a post-december interview from Rutgers recently? I wonder when they'll start sending out interviews again.

Status
Not open for further replies.