Notification date: 10/27/17 thru email
AADSAS complete: like 7/5
Interview date: 11/10/17
Residency: NY
GPA: 3.8 overall GPA, 3.7 sci GPA
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below 17): 22/22/21/22/None

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Anyone that interviewed already know some of the Interviewers names? I've taken courses with the Dental School and the Medical School so I want to see if any of the Professors I've had are interviewers.

Can anyone confirm who is on the Admissions Committee? Is it Dr. Heinrich, Lisa Houston, Mercedes Rivero, and Mallory Scott? Are there any medical students in the committee who review applicant profiles? Thank you.

Can anyone confirm who is on the Admissions Committee? Is it Dr. Heinrich, Lisa Houston, Mercedes Rivero, and Mallory Scott? Are there any medical students in the committee who review applicant profiles? Thank you.

Medical Students are involved in Dental admissions?

Reactions: 1 user
You’re referring to the admissions committee at NJMS, not RSDM. I’m guessing this was a mistaken post. Dental school has their own admissions committee which is exclusively composed of dentists.

is this school ever going to contact me? lol nj resident with a 3.9 masters degree!! 5 interviews already and rutgers fails to acknowledge my existence...

is this school ever going to contact me? lol nj resident with a 3.9 masters degree!! 5 interviews already and rutgers fails to acknowledge my existence...

They look for dats in the 22+ range. They will make an exception for a 21 but lower is an issue. What is your dat?

20aa, 21ts, 21pat

a class of 22+'s is insane! im sure others get in with lower DATs. i also took it in 2015 after my junior year of college where my study habits are nothing close to what they are now. if i took it now i'd destroy the exam, but sadly i dont feel that its worth my time to retake it.

20aa, 21ts, 21pat

a class of 22+'s is insane! im sure others get in with lower DATs. i also took it in 2015 after my junior year of college where my study habits are nothing close to what they are now. if i took it now i'd destroy the exam, but sadly i dont feel that its worth my time to retake it.
Absolutely do not retake. Your DATs are great! Plenty of my classmates scored less than a 22 AA/TS on the DAT.

Members don't see this ad :)
it seems at this point i have to wait for people to decline acceptances and will most likely hear back in january for an interview (this is what brian hahn mentioned to me regarding my chances at temple)

20aa, 21ts, 21pat

I have a 20 AA. I am saying this is what I’ve heard for this year. Not in the past. I am an NJ resident too.

Hi everyone! So my interview is coming up soon and I had a couple of questions for those who have already interviewed:

1) For those that drove to the campus, where did you park? I believe that there are a few parking lots nearby but I am not familiar with the area. I was hoping someone could give me the address to the closest parking lot/parking deck to the dental school. The confirmation email for my interview said that there is a "parking deck where you will receive a parking ticket. Bring this ticket with you and we will validate it for complimentary parking." Can anyone confirm this?

2) How was the overall interview? Was there just 1 interviewer or are there multiple? I have heard a lot of great things about this school, but in your opinions what are your favorite parts of the school to see during the tour?

Thank you guys for the help!

Hi everyone! So my interview is coming up soon and I had a couple of questions for those who have already interviewed:

1) For those that drove to the campus, where did you park? I believe that there are a few parking lots nearby but I am not familiar with the area. I was hoping someone could give me the address to the closest parking lot/parking deck to the dental school. The confirmation email for my interview said that there is a "parking deck where you will receive a parking ticket. Bring this ticket with you and we will validate it for complimentary parking." Can anyone confirm this?

2) How was the overall interview? Was there just 1 interviewer or are there multiple? I have heard a lot of great things about this school, but in your opinions what are your favorite parts of the school to see during the tour?

Thank you guys for the help!

1) I did not park on campus but from my time as a Master's student there, I assume they are talking about the Parking garage for their apartments at 180 West Market Street. It's located right next door to the Library and Oral Health Pavilion (Dental Clinics/Dental School). Either that or it's for the Hospital parking garage, also located right next to the Dental School/Hospital.

2) Probably my best interview imo. It helped that I could talk about the campus, school, classes I took while in their Dental Scholars program. It was 1 interviewer. My favorite parts were the clinic and Student lounge. Being a Master's Student, I had been in the building and been around the campus but I never had the ability to check out the clinics and the "Dental Student" rooms. I was just in the lecture halls, first floor reception area for clinics and had a glimpse of the C level Specialty clinics.

I'm really hoping Dec 1 I get the acceptance e-mail. It's a great school. I'd love to become one of their students.

1) I did not park on campus but from my time as a Master's student there, I assume they are talking about the Parking garage for their apartments at 180 West Market Street. It's located right next door to the Library and Oral Health Pavilion (Dental Clinics/Dental School). Either that or it's for the Hospital parking garage, also located right next to the Dental School/Hospital.

2) Probably my best interview imo. It helped that I could talk about the campus, school, classes I took while in their Dental Scholars program. It was 1 interviewer. My favorite parts were the clinic and Student lounge. Being a Master's Student, I had been in the building and been around the campus but I never had the ability to check out the clinics and the "Dental Student" rooms. I was just in the lecture halls, first floor reception area for clinics and had a glimpse of the C level Specialty clinics.

I'm really hoping Dec 1 I get the acceptance e-mail. It's a great school. I'd love to become one of their students.

Thank you for the insight, that is very helpful!

How long was the interview?

Anyone got interview invites recently? Are they pretty much done with pre-december interview invites?

Anyone got interview invites recently? Are they pretty much done with pre-december interview invites?

I received my invite over a month ago for early November. So I assume Pre-Dec is over. I believe they only interview on Friday's.

2 Friday's left in Nov.

Notification date: 11/22
Interview Date: 12/08
Method of notification: email
Residency: NJ
oGPA: 3.81 sGPA: 3.75
DAT: 21 AA 21 TS 21 PAT

Notification date: 11/22
Interview Date: 12/08
Method of notification: email
Residency: NJ
oGPA: 3.81 sGPA: 3.75
DAT: 21 AA 21 TS 21 PAT
Hey similar stats and got an interview for the same date! see you there!

did anyone else's change to "check back dec 1st"?

did anyone else's change to "check back dec 1st"?

Mine went from:

Invited for interview -> Received/Under Review -> Check back Dec 1 :hungover:

got the same status change, sending good vibes to everybody tonight!

Mine changed to "Accepted"...

...in my dream last night c:

All jokes aside, I also got the check back Dec 1st status change. Good luck everyone!!!

Dec 1st is almost here!! Best of luck to everyone who interviewed at Rutgers as well as other schools. A few notes: 1) Don’t expect to receive an answer tonight. Last year, I received my acceptance letter at around 8:07 AM EST. Old threads say similar things about UMDNJ/Rutgers. 2) For those who get waitlisted tomorrow: Classes do not begin for a while and you could be accepted any day. I have a friend in my class that got a call from Dr Chaviano a week before orientation started. Please do not give up hope and regularly stay in touch with the school for updates on your status and to continually confirm your interest in the school. 3) For those who get accepted tomorrow: Congrats!!! This is a huge achievement and milestone in your life. Take the day, weekend, following week, to relax and enjoy your success. In the following weeks and months, you’ll need to decide which dental school you’ll start next fall. For those who know RSDM is the place for them, welcome aboard and I look forward to meeting you in the coming months. Feel free to reach out with questions, comments, or just to say hi! For those who are unsure if Rutgers is the school for them, I’m happy to answer anything and everything about our school.
Best of luck!!!

Reactions: 4 users
Status change to none! Hoping that's a good sign!

Does anyone know when rutgers sends out notifications?

Status
Not open for further replies.