***The Official Rutgers School of Dental Medicine Class of 2023 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
So is it safe to say if you haven’t heard any correspondence at ALL from rutgersk (neither an invite to interview or a rejection or an acceptance) then you’re probably rejected? I haven’t heard many people say they’ve been rejected without an interview but at the same time I’m trying to eliminate every option BC Im not in state but I’m from NY and I want to stay in state but I haven’t heard anything since i submitted in July AND Rutgers would be the onlyyyt school id consider OOS for because it’s close to ny Thank you
Dont lose hope yet. I just got an interview invite this morning! Although I'm already accepted into 2 other dental schools, Rutgers is my top choice!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Hey guys, I'm just reflecting back on all schools I've been to. Does anyone remember that when we first walked into building for check-in, that they scanned our ID's? Does anyone feel sketch af about that (not to say I've been in legal issues)? None of the other schools did that and I honestly am not sure why they did it, since most schools just ask for a 2x2 photo.

lol good point, I didn't realize that I did not scan my ID at my other interviews

Members don't see this ad :)
Got a question. I have completed the Certiphi Criminal Background Check, and also clicked to release my report after reviewing it. Do I also have to manually create a request to send it to Ms. Christine Melendez at RSDM? Many thanks!

Have you found a working number?

Call the admission office, the phone number is listed on acceptance email from Ms. Christine Melendez. They re very responsive. So far they have answered my questions every time I call them.

For those that sent in their deposit, did you get a confirmation?

Also...is there going to be a group page for Rutgers? It seems like the only school that doesn't have one yet.

Also...is there going to be a group page for Rutgers? It seems like the only school that doesn't have one yet.
Call them to confirm. Also, the status of application website changes to offer accepted.

Call them to confirm. Also, the status of application website changes to offer accepted.

Yea, tried calling them today, but it went to the answering machine. It makes sense since its Christmas, so I'll try again tomorrow.

There will be a group made after the holidays.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 user
Hey guys, I'm just reflecting back on all schools I've been to. Does anyone remember that when we first walked into building for check-in, that they scanned our ID's? Does anyone feel sketch af about that (not to say I've been in legal issues)? None of the other schools did that and I honestly am not sure why they did it, since most schools just ask for a 2x2 photo.
I actually didn't get my ID scanned on the day of the interview. They just looked at it to confirm that I am the student interviewing.

Hey guys, My deposit arrived through UPS at the school on Monday morning, but I still haven't received any confirmation yet. I have tried calling the last few days and no one picks up. Has anyone head back from them this week so far?

For those who paid the deposit with credit card, did they tell you if there is an additional transaction fee?

Members don't see this ad :)
Where did you pay online? I didn't know that was an option.
Call the admissions office 973-972-4618. You can pay the deposit over the phone with Christine Melendez. The office should re-open on Jan. 2nd.

Hey everyone Im the current D1 secretary at RSDM and just wanted to let you know that the official facebook page has been created and to let other incoming students know as well. The group is a good way to find roommates and ask general questions. Congrats to everyone looking forward to seeing you guys this year!

Hello all. I know we have not gotten any info but my parents jobs keep asking and asking when they need to take vacataion to help move me in. Does anything have ANY idea when the white coat or when we start school or anything will be?

I was completely ghosted by Rutgers as well. At least Marquette sent an email on Dec. 3rd to let me know my application is still active
anything from routers yet I just sent a LOI idk what it'll do but it cant hurt :thinking:

I sent a snail mail declining my acceptance 2 days ago. Good luck everyone!

OHH so a letter of interest. I haven’t either, but I was thinking of sending one, but I didn’t know what to say in it since it’s so late
Just be honest say you’re interested and that you’ve made attempts to call and verify your materials were there but also tell them what you e been doing doing since the beg of the cycle that maybe isn’t on your app rn!

Does anyone know when people have historically come off the waitlist? Do people on the waitlist have priority over those that interview post December?

Does anyone know when people have historically come off the waitlist? Do people on the waitlist have priority over those that interview post December?

Faefly had a post interview here and was accepted so I'm guessing not

Just spoke to marissa at admissions and they said they stop interviewing January 25th

What is the likelihood of getting Rutgers housing? How is the area in Newark surrounding the dental school and why would Rutgers be a better choice than NYU (other than the obvious price tag differential)?

What is the likelihood of getting Rutgers housing? How is the area in Newark surrounding the dental school and why would Rutgers be a better choice than NYU (other than the obvious price tag differential)?
Not sure about housing but being from Jersey I can tell you that Newark is not a nice area by any means. That being said, Rutgers is still a great school although I hear NYU is also amazing!

does anyone have any comments/tips about their interview at rutgers?

does anyone have any comments/tips about their interview at rutgers?

Very relaxed interview, pretty much know the basics (e.g. why dentistry, who are you etc.) and try to have a conversation

I went to their interview last friday (their last interview session) and the associate dean was saying there’s only a few spots left if not full. So I was like then why are you guys interviewing us lol

Reactions: 1 users
Just received the rejection email. It’s looking more like I’ll be reapplying for the next cycle. I’m no longer following this forum. Good luck to everyone still waiting to hear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Received rejection a few minutes ago. No interview invite. Good luck to all.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I went to their interview last friday (their last interview session) and the associate dean was saying there’s only a few spots left if not full. So I was like then why are you guys interviewing us lol
Don’t worry, several people in my class interviewed at the last interview and got in

Status
Not open for further replies.