***The Official Rutgers School of Dental Medicine Class of 2023 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait mine literally just changed to offer made but I haven’t gotten a call yet

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
Waitlisted too. Man it really be like that sometimes

Members don't see this ad :)
My status changed to offer-made too but I haven't receive any phone call or email yet.

Hey all, I’m a D1 at Rutgers and I believe that they just email for the initial acceptances.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad :)
Offer made, but have not received any email yet.

Reactions: 1 users
I've had offer made on AADSAS for a while now, no email.

Reactions: 1 user
Just called them and they answered! Offer made means accepted and the email will be sent out tomorrow!! So excited for this!!!

Reactions: 6 users
Anyone interviewed last Friday (11/30) got in? I wonder if they just put people from this date on waitlist...

Anyone interviewed last Friday (11/30) got in? I wonder if they just put people from this date on waitlist...

I did and I thought my interview went very well, I loved the school so much but I was wait listed.

I wonder the same thing, anyone who got waitlisted form the 11/30 interview?

And if they were going to wait list us, why didn't they interview us post-december. I feel they gave up hope only to crash it the next day

:(

I feel so sad and disappointed.

I did and I thought my interview went very well, I loved the school so much but I was wait listed.

I wonder the same thing, anyone who got waitlisted form the 11/30 interview?

And if they were going to wait list us, why didn't they interview us post-december. I feel they gave up hope only to crash it the next day

:(

I feel so sad and disappointed.

Don’t give up hope!! I interviewed the 11/30 and received an offer. There are lots of people that didn’t get calls yet!

Don’t give up hope!! I interviewed the 11/30 and received an offer. There are lots of people that didn’t get calls yet!
Congratulations! unfortunately I think Rutgers' waitlist doesn't really move so at least for me being waitlisted from very last day of November = rejection for me :(

Does Rutgers send out an acceptance package?

I am turning down my offer, good luck to everyone on the waitlist!

Hi everybody. is there anyone who has more information about 180 west street market residence than what's on the website?
thanks in advance :)!

Hi everybody. is there anyone who has more information about 180 west street market residence than what's on the website?
thanks in advance :)!
I’m currently a D1 living in 180. What do you want to know about it?

I’m currently a D1 living in 180. What do you want to know about it?

hey! when i went for my interview, my student ambassador said that D1s usually will get 2 bedroom or 3 bedroom suites and priority for studios and 1 bedroom will be given to upper years. is that how it usually works? also how do you like it? do you think it's worth the money or is it better to look for off campus housing nearby?

sorry for the question bombarding!

Hey there! I was wondering if anyone knew when you start seeing patients and what the school/life balance is?

hey! when i went for my interview, my student ambassador said that D1s usually will get 2 bedroom or 3 bedroom suites and priority for studios and 1 bedroom will be given to upper years. is that how it usually works? also how do you like it? do you think it's worth the money or is it better to look for off campus housing nearby?

sorry for the question bombarding!
Yes the studios and 1 bedrooms are only for the upper years, we didn’t even get the option to get one of those. Overall I think it’s worth the convenience at least for the first year to be able to walk over to the preclinic anytime to practice. If you do want to stay off campus, definitely stay as close as possible to campus to minimize the commute, as the first semester will be extremely busy. I know a few people are living in Society Hill or 24 Jones.

We start assisting the first semester to get the patient exposure but clinic starts our third year. The courses are definitely really tough here as they want to prepare you well so you definitely have to put in a lot of work studying and practicing in the preclinic, but you’ll definitely be able to make some time to go out especially at the beginning of the semester or right after an exam.

Hey there! I was wondering if anyone knew when you start seeing patients and what the school/life balance is?

I was waitlisted but I have 2 offers from other schools where i need to get my deposit in by 1/2/19.

I answered their waitlist questionaire and let them know I need to hear back before 1/2. Anyone know if I have a chance of them getting me off the waitlist before I need to submit my deposit somewhere else? Any current students with a similar experience?

I was waitlisted but I have 2 offers from other schools where i need to get my deposit in by 1/2/19.

I answered their waitlist questionaire and let them know I need to hear back before 1/2. Anyone know if I have a chance of them getting me off the waitlist before I need to submit my deposit somewhere else? Any current students with a similar experience?

I wouldn’t have given them an ultimatum. I think it would be safer to just eat your deposit.

So is it safe to say if you haven’t heard any correspondence at ALL from rutgersk (neither an invite to interview or a rejection or an acceptance) then you’re probably rejected? I haven’t heard many people say they’ve been rejected without an interview but at the same time I’m trying to eliminate every option BC Im not in state but I’m from NY and I want to stay in state but I haven’t heard anything since i submitted in July AND Rutgers would be the onlyyyt school id consider OOS for because it’s close to ny Thank you

Also for anyone in my position or that has been... why is admissions so hard to contact... I’m almost sure they have their phone set to dial any number amount of times before it’s directly forwarded to voicemail lol

So is it safe to say if you haven’t heard any correspondence at ALL from rutgersk (neither an invite to interview or a rejection or an acceptance) then you’re probably rejected? I haven’t heard many people say they’ve been rejected without an interview but at the same time I’m trying to eliminate every option BC Im not in state but I’m from NY and I want to stay in state but I haven’t heard anything since i submitted in July AND Rutgers would be the onlyyyt school id consider OOS for because it’s close to ny Thank you
I was completely ghosted by Rutgers as well. At least Marquette sent an email on Dec. 3rd to let me know my application is still active

Can we pay the Rutgers deposit online or does it have to be through money order/mail?

Also for anyone in my position or that has been... why is admissions so hard to contact... I’m almost sure they have their phone set to dial any number amount of times before it’s directly forwarded to voicemail lol
Have you found a working number?

Can we pay the Rutgers deposit online or does it have to be through money order/mail?
You can’t pay online but you could call them and give them your credit card info and pay using credit card.

Reactions: 2 users
Confirmed with current students that even if you're OOS, all students pay in-state tuition starting their second year after claiming residency. Cost of attendance is 150k less than most private schools. Rent is affordable. $500-800 per month. The best thing is that you can go out to NYC whenever you want without paying crazy NY rent haha it's a 20 minute subway ride. Who's with me? Hope to see you guys soon!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.