You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
The Official September 18, 2014 MCAT Thread
Started by litokhmaikid
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Has anyone gotten their gift card?
not me lolHas anyone gotten their gift card?
Has anyone gotten their gift card?
Wat
We're not supposed to find out how we did on the trial section for another two weeks...
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Has anyone gotten their gift card?
Tentative date for trial section score release and gift card is October 16th
Well. We're down to two weeks. Hope all y'all are doing just fine and dandy.
Hello, First off good luck on receiving your scores! I am looking to register for any of the Jan spots, if anyone is dropping their spot please let me know anywhere around Virginia or Illinois.🙂😉🙁 Thank you in advance and good luck again.![]()
I will be canceling a spot in dekalb illinois if all goes well. Hoping it does
Ignorance is bliss. I wouldn't mind if AAMC didn't send out scores for another 6 months lol. I'm not ready to be depressed.
12 more days to score release… not that I'm counting or anything. Nice perk of getting our gift cards in a week. Thanks AAMC and Amazon!
Ignorance is bliss. I wouldn't mind if AAMC didn't send out scores for another 6 months lol. I'm not ready to be depressed.
I hear ya man.....I nearly forgot about the MCAT until I started having nightmares again lol
When's the gift card coming?
Btw: What's with this new SDN format? I prefer the old one.
Btw: What's with this new SDN format? I prefer the old one.
Me too lol, this one is too bright and sterile..When's the gift card coming?
Btw: What's with this new SDN format? I prefer the old one.
Me too lol, this one is too bright and sterile..
The alerts don't show up in red either....
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Eww. This new design is terrible. At least you can change it back!
i honestly dont think about the MCAT until OTHER people ask me how i did/when am i getting my score back. Im just like oh wow i forgot about that, hope i did well lol
even though my future rests on that number. nbd
It feels like everyone's wait is so much shorter. This month is so long.
Same!i honestly dont think about the MCAT until OTHER people ask me how i did/when am i getting my score back. Im just like oh wow i forgot about that, hope i did well lol
even though my future rests on that number. nbd
Although my friends all took it within the last month so basically every single Tuesday has been somebody else important to me finding out their score..so far one of my friends was averaging a 33 on her AAMC exams (and even got up to a 41 once) and got a 30 on her actual test..and my other friend was averaging between 29-32 and got a 30 as well.
This wait is killing me..at least we find out trial section scores on Thursday!
My friend got a 44% on it and that's apparently within the top 50% lol.
I wonder how AAMC even uses the trial section results considering that
1) Most testers probably didn't know the material that well (considering it was not studied)
2) Even those that did may not have tried hard
Edit: Post 1234. Never posting again?
1) Most testers probably didn't know the material that well (considering it was not studied)
2) Even those that did may not have tried hard
Edit: Post 1234. Never posting again?
When's the gift card coming?
Btw: What's with this new SDN format? I prefer the old one.
It's supposed to be on this Thursday. What are you guys spending with your $30?
It's supposed to be on this Thursday. What are you guys spending with your $30?
Saving it in case I need to spend it on more MCAT prep materials...
It's supposed to be on this Thursday. What are you guys spending with your $30?
Does Amazon sell alcohol?
What time are trial section scores coming in at?
D
deleted520651
Does Amazon sell alcohol?
Yes! They have everything. http://www.amazon.com/Swan-Isopropyl-Alcohol-99%-Pint/dp/B001B5JT8C/
Less than a week to go...
If anyone has a spot they are dropping in January 2015 in California or neighboring states, please PM me!
If anyone has a spot they are dropping in January 2015 in California or neighboring states, please PM me!
Since our scores come out in about a week, it's too premature for that in this thread. Nobody here is going to give up a reserved spot (if they have one) days before score release.
Just got my trial section results; 50% was in top quarter. I don't envy the people that will have to take the new MCAT.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
44% in Biochem trial section... I hope this isn't indicative of my actual score, I honestly don't remember if I tried to actually do well or not (test day is just a blur right now) so I have no idea how to feel. For no rational reason, I have convinced myself that I probably got around "top half" on the MCAT as well, which probably corresponds to around a 25-26 which would be devastating, especially since there is no chance of a retake except for in Guam. I was doing so well not thinking about scores for days at a time then I get this email lol AHHHH!!! Oh wells, let's pray for the best. 5 more long slow days and then some peace (hopefully).
I did not get my trial section results? anyone else?
44% but not sure what topic it was on.
81% right on psych section. I used less than half of the time because it was so easy (I'm in a psych thesis program).
I probably could have hit 90% with more thoughtful reading. If I have to write the new MCAT, it will be the biochem that kills me. Hopefully my score bodes well for my VR.
Good luck, everyone! Just a few more days...
I probably could have hit 90% with more thoughtful reading. If I have to write the new MCAT, it will be the biochem that kills me. Hopefully my score bodes well for my VR.
Good luck, everyone! Just a few more days...
66% on psych. Top quarter. What! I was not expecting to get 2/3rds correct, more like 1/3rd. Took my last psych/sociology class 10 years ago
Antidepressants? lol 🙁The $30 Amazon gift card eases the wait and getting in the top quarter eases the anxiety.
What are all of you going to spend your gift card on?
Sent from The World Tree using SDN Mobile
81% right on psych section. I used less than half of the time because it was so easy (I'm in a psych thesis program).
I probably could have hit 90% with more thoughtful reading. If I have to write the new MCAT, it will be the biochem that kills me. Hopefully my score bodes well for my VR.
Good luck, everyone! Just a few more days...
Genius....
I got 56% and was top quarter for psych lol.
shew! 50% psych top quarter. Great since I haven't take any sociology classes and only took one applied psych class 12 years ago. I hope my mcat scores do better than expected as well.
I am giving the gift card to my husband, because I will be a mess to deal with next week. If my scores come back great, I'll be insufferably joyous. If they come back dismal I will be in so deep of a depression, he will be forced to turn on all my neglected DVR shows, throw chocolate at me, and keep a safe distance.
I am giving the gift card to my husband, because I will be a mess to deal with next week. If my scores come back great, I'll be insufferably joyous. If they come back dismal I will be in so deep of a depression, he will be forced to turn on all my neglected DVR shows, throw chocolate at me, and keep a safe distance.
why did I not get my giftcard! is it cause I guessed on everything??
why did I not get my giftcard! is it cause I guessed on everything??
You had to have put a good faith effort. I believe how they determine this is a combination of % correct as well as time taken on the trial section. Just speculation, though, so don't quote me.
Sent from The World Tree using SDN Mobile
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Guys, good luck for your scores! If any of you will be dropping Jan seats in Ontario, please let me know. I would be forever grateful. Thank you!
why did I not get my giftcard! is it cause I guessed on everything??
That is the reason you didn't get the giftcard. You need to have tried to some degree. Even if you knew nothing about the topic, you should have spent an appropriate amount of time on each question. Also, at the very least, you should be able to get over 25%...
I bet that AAMC tracks time spent per question (like in the practice AAMCs) and then obviously percentage correct.
Yeah I think you have to take enough time on it. I had to guess for the majority of the questions not related to info given but I made sure to not just rush through. I think I spent time at the end to breathe and relax before I submitted.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN Mobile
Sent from my iPhone using SDN Mobile
Similar threads
E
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 2K
E
? I just started Sn2ed's 4 month schedule (customized with some extra Kaplan material).