****The Official Touro Class of 2022 Interview/ Acceptance Thread****

Status
Not open for further replies.
I called admissions last week. They said “Everyone has a chance till July”
That’s like every movie ‘coming soon to theater’ omg

Members don't see this ad.

Hi friends I got accepted yesterday morning. Feeling very fortunate but also a little guilt cause I really wished everyone could get accepted. Everyone has put in a dickton of work and deserves a seat. I have pretty average stats. 3.48 gpa, 3.3sgpa, 20/20/25 DAT. I think my volunteer hours and interview shined the most. I think the turn over rate is decent right now so have hope. I was already prepping to reapply and just got really lucky this cycle.

Congrats!! Did you do a committee letter or individual LOR's? I am a future applicant so I am curious.

Congrats!! Did you do a committee letter or individual LOR's? I am a future applicant so I am curious.
You should call the admissions office for the correct advice....I'm not 100% sure but it's usually a committee letter if your school offers it. If your school doesn't write committee letters, then you have to get individual letters from science professors that are lecturer from different subjects....in other words get one letter from chem professor and one from bio or some other subject. Make sure you ask the admissions office because it might vary between schools.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I sent individual LORs

Sweet, did your school have a committee and you just chose not to use them? I am wondering if interviewers will ask me about it if I choose to send individual LOR's over committee. Thank you!

Sweet, did your school have a committee and you just chose not to use them? I am wondering if interviewers will ask me about it if I choose to send individual LOR's over committee. Thank you!
I believe they did but I never planned to get one. I think the 3 individual letters is pretty standard and will do just fine :] I was never asked about my letters either.

Hey fams! Just emailed to give up my seat. Goodluck to you all :] I really hope any SDNer gets the seat.

Hi guys. I just got accepted today, I feel very lucky and humble because I believe all of us deserve to get in after all the hard work we've all put into. My phone number is (408)-786-6413. I am looking for people who are willing to share the apartment. Do you guys know how to do the financial aids? Thank you very much, and good luck to everyone.

Reactions: 1 users
Hi guys. I just got accepted today, I feel very lucky and humble because I believe all of us deserve to get in after all the hard work we've all put into. My phone number is (408)-786-6413. I am looking for people who are willing to share the apartment. Do you guys know how to do the financial aids? Thank you very much, and good luck to everyone.
Congrats! do you mind sharing your stats? And i see you questioned about calling the admissions. What did you end up doing?? Again, Congrats!

Congrats! do you mind sharing your stats? And i see you questioned about calling the admissions. What did you end up doing?? Again, Congrats!
Dear friend,
I sent a second personal statement which I wrote for Touro, and I also sent messages to check on my status and express my love for it. To be honest, I feel humble rather than proud of myself. Because I know that there are many other deserving people who worked so hard. I’ll share my chem stats I got 23 for organic chem and 22 for gen chem. :)) to be honest I did not calculate my gpa

I GOT IN!!!!! OMG

THANK YOU GUYS FOR ALL OF YOUR KIND WORDS AND SUPPORT!

HANG IN THERE, YOUR TIME WILL COME!!!

Reactions: 4 users
Anyone have any idea when we are getting info for school? Class schedule,start date....scrub color??

A few students during my interview were saying some shade of green scrubs. Fingers crossed it won’t be black or gray (lint galore). We’ll find out before the end of the week

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got accepted off the waitlist! Omg.. cant control my feeling..

Reactions: 5 users
stats plz guys if you got in off the waitlist, if you dont mind?
Sure.
DAT 20
Undergrad GPA 3.45
Masters (on going) 3.6
2.5 years of working as a dental assistant (over 3000 hours total)

Interviewed on 1/17

Hello,

The first time I applied to dental schools i applied with DAT 17 and 2.8 science GPA. overal gpa 3.55 didnt get an interview from any of the 12 schools.

The second time (last cycle) i applied with a DAT of 20, 22 on each science, 16 on math, 3.2 science gpa..overal gpa 3.55. yet no interviews

now I am deciding to reapply without retaking the dat for the third time.. I am just confused why i didnt recieve a single interview on the second time i applied. any advice would help!!

thank you

Hello,

The first time I applied to dental schools i applied with DAT 17 and 2.8 science GPA. overal gpa 3.55 didnt get an interview from any of the 12 schools.

The second time (last cycle) i applied with a DAT of 20, 22 on each science, 16 on math, 3.2 science gpa..overal gpa 3.55. yet no interviews

now I am deciding to reapply without retaking the dat for the third time.. I am just confused why i didnt recieve a single interview on the second time i applied. any advice would help!!

thank you

Hi! I applied 15 different dental schools in 15-16 cycle (had 1 interview- not accepted), 13 different dental schools in 16-17 cycle (had 1 interview- not accepted) and 13 different schools in this 17-18 cycle (had 3 interviews - 2 accepted and 1 waitlisted) My recommendation is to contact each individual schools (I know it is a lot but worth it) and ask an admissions officer that which area should you improve such as an extracurricular/volunteer experience, dental shadowing hours, personal statement or/and terrific letters of recommendation from professors/dentists. That is because each school has their own view of choosing ideal candidates. Some schools more look into applicants' GPA over DAT, some schools see DAT (especially on PAT) over GPA or/and some schools really want to know you better by looking at your personal statement. I know it is frustrating and so depressing whenever you get rejection letters from your dream schools, but stay in hope and be positive. I have gotten more than 38 rejection letters in the past 3 years. I also took DAT 3 times in the past (19, 19, and 20) and my overall GPA was 3.47 and sGPA was 3.42. I guess my strong point was I have more than 10000 hours of dental assisting experience (have been working as a dental assistant part/full time since 2011) and I had spent tons of hours preparing interviews and aced them this year. DO NOT lose hope, KEEP TRYING until you get it and always think positive. I wish you all the best

For those who are planning on attending Touro. Where are you guys living?? I really want to live alone.. but the cannot find an affordable apt.. if anything i'll go look for a roomie

I'm moving to Fleetwood in Mount Vernon.
Rent is super affordable (for NY standards)
For those who are planning on attending Touro. Where are you guys living?? I really want to live alone.. but the cannot find an affordable apt.. if anything i'll go look for a roomie

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Hi! I applied 15 different dental schools in 15-16 cycle (had 1 interview- not accepted), 13 different dental schools in 16-17 cycle (had 1 interview- not accepted) and 13 different schools in this 17-18 cycle (had 3 interviews - 2 accepted and 1 waitlisted) My recommendation is to contact each individual schools (I know it is a lot but worth it) and ask an admissions officer that which area should you improve such as an extracurricular/volunteer experience, dental shadowing hours, personal statement or/and terrific letters of recommendation from professors/dentists. That is because each school has their own view of choosing ideal candidates. Some schools more look into applicants' GPA over DAT, some schools see DAT (especially on PAT) over GPA or/and some schools really want to know you better by looking at your personal statement. I know it is frustrating and so depressing whenever you get rejection letters from your dream schools, but stay in hope and be positive. I have gotten more than 38 rejection letters in the past 3 years. I also took DAT 3 times in the past (19, 19, and 20) and my overall GPA was 3.47 and sGPA was 3.42. I guess my strong point was I have more than 10000 hours of dental assisting experience (have been working as a dental assistant part/full time since 2011) and I had spent tons of hours preparing interviews and aced them this year. DO NOT lose hope, KEEP TRYING until you get it and always think positive. I wish you all the best

thanks alot for your advice!! which school do you attend?

Are you living in an apartment ?? If so could you give me the name of it? Thanks

Make sure to leave early enough for class from over there - there could be some traffic :)

Make sure to leave early enough for class from over there - there could be some traffic :)

Thanks for the heads up!
I've already done a few "dry runs."
Takes about 20 - 22 minutes in morning traffic.

How many pairs of scrubs do we actually need to order?
Do the sizes run too big/too small/just right?

anyone with an apartment within 10 minutes driving distance of the school looking for a roommate?

How many pairs of scrubs do we actually need to order?
Do the sizes run too big/too small/just right?

I got 5 tops 3 pairs of pants. I've been told you can make do with less than that.

In terms of men's sizes, I was told "Men's scrub pants run large. I had to exchange for a size down. Tops are fine."

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Hey everyone,

Called yesterday and withdrew my seat from Touro. This is an incredible school but I'll be taking up an offer from another program. I hope one of you that are patiently waiting get the call soon! You guys deserve it!! Best of luck to you all

Hi, I have a question to people that were waitlisted and than accepted. Did you send them anything after you found of you were waitlisted? Like a letter of intent?

Got an interview invite today but will be declining. Good luck to all!

I'm on the waitlist. Staying hopeful. I hate to say I'm glad to see so many dropped seats, but thanks everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.