****The Official Touro Class of 2022 Interview/ Acceptance Thread****

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frank Kennedy

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Reactions: 1 users
Hi Frank! Thanks for creating the thread. How would you describe your experience so far and what is the cost of living like? I'm coming from sunny Florida so I'm wondering if you had to make an adjustment weather wise or how anyone you know has had to. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 user
Hi Frank! Thanks for creating the thread. How would you describe your experience so far and what is the cost of living like? I'm coming from sunny Florida so I'm wondering if you had to make an adjustment weather wise or how anyone you know has had to. Thanks!

Hi PredentalPrincess!

My initial impression of the school from interviews to a week before class starts is very positive. Everyone has been very kind and helpful. The D2s I have talked to have been very happy with their decisions. The Cost of living is pretty high because the school is very close to NYC (less than NYC, but higher than a lot of places). As far as weather goes, I am from NY so no change for me. We experience all 4 seasons, the summers are hot (won't be a problem for you lol), Winters vary (some winters we get a couple feet of snow and some years we get very little). As long as you do not have to drive, the snow is not that bad plus it keeps you inside studying ;).. Good luck! I start classes in about a week so feel free to check back in a couple months and I should have a lot more info

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Hi PredentalPrincess!

My initial impression of the school from interviews to a week before class starts is very positive. Everyone has been very kind and helpful. The D2s I have talked to have been very happy with their decisions. The Cost of living is pretty high because the school is very close to NYC (less than NYC, but higher than a lot of places). As far as weather goes, I am from NY so no change for me. We experience all 4 seasons, the summers are hot (won't be a problem for you lol), Winters vary (some winters we get a couple feet of snow and some years we get very little). As long as you do not have to drive, the snow is not that bad plus it keeps you inside studying ;).. Good luck! I start classes in about a week so feel free to check back in a couple months and I should have a lot more info

You must be so excited! I have never experienced any other season but summer lol so that should be interesting. I will definitely be checking back to see how it is going for you and as I have more questions. Thank you :)

They mentioned today that the avg DAT for our class was a 21.

My status has changed to received/under review as of today.

My friend received an application complete email from them today. In the email they said that the interview season will be October/November till February 2018.

My friend received an application complete email from them today. In the email they said that the interview season will be October/November till February 2018.

Can confirm this! I received the same e-mail!

Can confirm this! I received the same e-mail!

I received the "admission processing fee" email, where I paid the supplemental fee (a little over a week ago) but haven't received the "application complete" email but it on AADSAS it does say "received/under review". Anyone in the same boat, lol did they forget to send me the "app complete" email?

I received the "admission processing fee" email, where I paid the supplemental fee (a little over a week ago) but haven't received the "application complete" email but it on AADSAS it does say "received/under review". Anyone in the same boat, lol did they forget to send me the "app complete" email?

Same here, AADSAS has changed status to under review but no app complete email.

Just received an email that my app is complete and will be moved to the Committee to review now, but I don't have my official DAT scores in yet.. Has this happened to anyone else? My scores should hopefully be submitted within the next couple of weeks, but they can't really review my application without them.

Just received an email that my app is complete and will be moved to the Committee to review now, but I don't have my official DAT scores in yet.. Has this happened to anyone else? My scores should hopefully be submitted within the next couple of weeks, but they can't really review my application without them.

Mine has been complete for more than a week now, although my official dat is up already.

Members don't see this ad :)
Mine has been complete for more than a week now, although my official dat is up already.

Thanks for the info! About how long did it take for you DAT to be uploaded? It feels like it's been the longest week ever so far

Thanks for the info! About how long did it take for you DAT to be uploaded? It feels like it's been the longest week ever so far

I took mine last year so I called aadsas and they linked it on the phone. If you took it a while ago then you can call aadsas, if not you have to wait.

I took the DAT on 6/8 and the ADA has 6/22 listed next to the schools I listed.

Does anyone know their DAT requirements?

The website doesn't say they require a certain DAT score. Since it's a new school, maybe they're a little more lenient on DAT scores if you have a good GPA, extracurriculars, etc. If the average DAT for dental school in general is around a 20, that means that people matriculating scored both above and below 20.

The website doesn't say they require a certain DAT score. Since it's a new school, maybe they're a little more lenient on DAT scores if you have a good GPA, extracurriculars, etc. If the average DAT for dental school in general is around a 20, that means that people matriculating scored both above and below 20.

Once again, the average DAT score for our current D1 class is 21. This is higher than many other schools. According to the administration we were ranked in the top 10% of the country. The current D1 class has some very competitive stats in addition to extracurriculars and what not.

Once again, the average DAT score for our current D1 class is 21. This is higher than many other schools. According to the administration we were ranked in the top 10% of the country. The current D1 class has some very competitive stats in addition to extracurriculars and what not.

The reason being that its a new school and therefore they are gping after stats rather than ec's. This is not a negative on the school at all, but a smart tactic. I actually have applied to the school and have it high on my list.

Yes, I saw your post. That doesn't mean that'll be the class average every year, however. With Touro being such a new school, it's very difficult to compare personal statistics to the current classes. Don't get me wrong, those are impressive stats, but I think it's worth applying even if you don't have a 21AA.

Yes, I saw your post. That doesn't mean that'll be the class average every year, however. With Touro being such a new school, it's very difficult to compare personal statistics to the current classes. Don't get me wrong, those are impressive stats, but I think it's worth applying even if you don't have a 21AA.

As long as you're a well rounded applicant you can say that about any school really! :) Good luck to everyone! Feel free to ask questions!!!

Anyone know when they start sending out interview invites?

Anyone know when they start sending out interview invites?

Looks like last year interviews started going out around this time. Maybe by the end of this week we'll see some movement. Fingers crossed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: 2 users
Well looks like my prediction was a bit inaccurate. Anyone hear anything?

Nope, I'm getting anxious!

Nothing to be too anxious about since you are in the same boat as everyone. They have not sent any invites so I would not worry. I assume you applied to more than one school and many have sent invites so I'm sure you will have something!

Just got an interveiw invite!
Check your inboxes, y'all!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Thanks for that just checked my email! Interview #3

Just got invites and about to call for scheduling

Congrats on the interviews. Would any of you who got an interview care to share stats?

Congrats on the interviews. Would any of you who got an interview care to share stats?

My GPA is 3.52 with sGPA 3.50. AA 21 TS 21 PAT 26 and 3 years experience as a dental assistant.

3.87gpa 3.81sgpa 20AA/22TS/19PAT/20RC

Congrats everyone! Still nothing for me

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Just got an interveiw invite!
Check your inboxes, y'all!

Thanks for that just checked my email! Interview #3

Just got invites and about to call for scheduling

Congrats guys! Can you let us know when you received the application complete email?

Application completed on July 24
22AA
3.7 science gpa and 3.8 overall

Last edited:
Congrats guys! Can you let us know when you received the application complete email?
I got the application complete email on 8/8
GPA 3.65
sGPA 3.57
20AA TS20 PAT21 RC22 QR21

Nothing to be too anxious about since you are in the same boat as everyone. They have not sent any invites so I would not worry. I assume you applied to more than one school and many have sent invites so I'm sure you will have something!

except I didn't get an invite, slowly losing hope from everywhere I applied lol

I think interviews are booked up really fast. I called to schedule for mine and the earliest date I could get was October 18th. They interview people every Wednesday by the way.

I think interviews are booked up really fast. I called to schedule for mine and the earliest date I could get was October 18th. They interview people every Wednesday by the way.

Their earliest date is the 18th. That's the first day that they will be interviewing.

Just heard from them this morning I'll be there on the 18th as well! I forgot to ask them if the photo they request has to be 2x2 does anyone know?

Status
Not open for further replies.