***The Official Touro Class of 2024 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Congratulations!!!! :) At least you don’t have to stress about writing one now :) haha

Thank you, I was almost done with that, just not sure to send right in the middle of pandemic crisis....and stress them more...thank you for your advice anyway.

Members don't see this ad :)
accepted OOS, but will be withdrawing:) Good luck to everyone!

Reactions: 2 users
To those who were accepted, did you receive actual snail mail regarding your acceptance or it's just email? haha

It's April already, does Touro still accepting people from wait list? lol I am already planning to reapply next year lol.......

To those who were accepted, did you receive actual snail mail regarding your acceptance or it's just email? haha
Email first and regular mail of acceptance letter latter.

Reactions: 1 user
Been just over 2 weeks and haven't gotten the snail mail yet

Reactions: 1 users
Been just over 2 weeks and haven't gotten the snail mail yet
No worry, call them or email them. I have received all information online: deposit, heath information, financial aid.

anyone receive an email asking if you are interested to remain on the waitlist on Sat morning?

anyone receive an email asking if you are interested to remain on the waitlist on Sat morning?
We were told on interview day that this email is a good sign and they just want to make sure you’re still interested before sending an offer. So hopefully good news soon for you!

Members don't see this ad :)
When the school was open I would call admissions fairly often. I also sent a lot of updates (letter of intent, updated activities, letter of rec) via email. Sent a lot of smaller updates as well saying I was still interested. I was probably the "annoying" applicant haha, but it worked out!

Haha !well good for you! I can imagine how excited you are also would you mind sharing your stats ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We were told on interview day that this email is a good sign and they just want to make sure you’re still interested before sending an offer. So hopefully good news soon for you!
I only received 1 wait list email from school on FEB. but I never receive a second one, it is a bad sign????

When the school was open I would call admissions fairly often. I also sent a lot of updates (letter of intent, updated activities, letter of rec) via email. Sent a lot of smaller updates as well saying I was still interested. I was probably the "annoying" applicant haha, but it worked out!
R u attending???

I only received 1 wait list email from school on FEB. but I never receive a second one, it is a bad sign????
Not a bad sign, I think the second one is sent right before they make an offer though, so if you were to receive another it would mean they're ready to offer you admission if you're still interested in their school. I think they do this to make sure they're not giving offers to an applicant that has been accepted somewhere else. Hope that makes sense. I wouldn't worry about it

Not a bad sign, I think the second one is sent right before they make an offer though, so if you were to receive another it would mean they're ready to offer you admission if you're still interested in their school. I think they do this to make sure they're not giving offers to an applicant that has been accepted somewhere else. Hope that makes sense. I wouldn't worry about it
Yea I was accepted exactly 2 weeks after the second wait list email

Reactions: 3 users
u still waiting also??? Thank you for your info.

I already posted this on a different thread but I realized I should ask any OOS who is in this current situation specifically for touro haha :)

-how are you guys arranging your living situations (aka apartment hunting)
-how are you picking a move-in date for your lease?
-have you purchased your airplane tickets yet?

There is so much uncertainty (with the stay-at-home order constantly being extended) due to covid and although Touro said it will start on June 29, this could very well be extended until end of June or July..

If stay-at-home orders are lifted in May, that's good news for us but if the orders are still happening in June, I don't think I am comfortable being in an airplane during this time...

What are you guys doing?

I already posted this on a different thread but I realized I should ask any OOS who is in this current situation specifically for touro haha :)

There is so much uncertainty (with the stay-at-home order constantly being extended) due to covid and although Touro said it will start on June 29, this could very well be extended until end of June or July..

If stay-at-home orders are lifted in May, that's good news for us but if the orders are still happening in June, I don't think I am comfortable being in an airplane during this time...

What are you guys doing?
I havent looked at aprtment, I ll start the search in May. And, I plan to drive to NY with my car.

What are you guys doing?
You can use zillow or apartments.com to look for housing for rent. People typically seem to aim to move-in in mid June. I've already purchased my airplane ticket because it seems that prices will increase as the date gets closer, and there is a 'no change fee' promotion going on right now with several airlines.

@KTBP161 i started looking at apartments already but I think it's a little too soon haha (considering there might be move-in incentives due to people not moving cause of covid)

@Shummiee thank you for letting me know about the no change fee promotion! i saw united is doing it, is that who you booked with? (you don't have to answer that if that's too intrusive) x) haha

@Shummiee thank you for letting me know about the no change fee promotion! i saw united is doing it, is that who you booked with? (you don't have to answer that if that's too intrusive) x) haha
American Airlines and Delta are also doing it! I went with Delta haha

Does any of you guys have to do urine test, HIV test, Gonorrhea, Chlamydia for the health form?

haven't see ppl posting admission offer, is the class full already???

Does any of you guys have to do urine test, HIV test, Gonorrhea, Chlamydia for the health form?

my primary doctor is not allowing me to get all the health exam requirements.
touro emailed us and said to obtain your immunization records and complete the rest of the form that you can complete by yourself (release of records form, meningococcal form, etc.)

haven't see ppl posting admission offer, is the class full already???

there's currently 133 people in the facebook (some are D3/D4 students) and no one has been accepted on the page since last thursday
but I have no idea if the class if full or if they've stopped sending out offers..

there's currently 133 people in the facebook (some are D3/D4 students) and no one has been accepted on the page since last thursday
but I have no idea if the class if full or if they've stopped sending out offers..

Do you know if all of those 133 people are in class 2024 or some are in upper classes ?:/

I'm sure the class is almost full, got an email that they are still reviewing applicants on the waiting list and keeping an eye on the acceptance list

I'm sure the class is almost full, got an email that they are still reviewing applicants on the waiting list and keeping an eye on the acceptance list

Really? Why don't i get any emails ? :/ it's strange and disappointing

Well I sent an email asking so it wasn't a general email sent

Oh okay ! Thanks for clarification! By the acceptance list do you think they mean if someone on their waitlist has been accepted somewhere else, they might not give them an offer at touro ?

Thank you for your info... start losing hope already lol

HI, what do you guys think about this comming summer for D1? the covid-19 pandemic may not go away soon, so what is your guys plan on housing?

Oh okay ! Thanks for clarification! By the acceptance list do you think they mean if someone on their waitlist has been accepted somewhere else, they might not give them an offer at touro ?
By acceptance list I think that they mean the people they've already accepted not paying the deposits or giving up their seat in the class for another school.

HI, what do you guys think about this comming summer for D1? the covid-19 pandemic may not go away soon, so what is your guys plan on housing?
For now Touro plans to have orientation on schedule on 6/29, so I'm still operating under that assumption for a mid June move in.

Has any of you guys received financial aid package from school yet? I had an email from ADEA inviting me for "the webinar to learn best options for funding your dental education, especially during the current COVID-19 pandemic".

if you look at the NYU 2024 thread, it seems as if their incoming D1 will be starting online. If that is true, I can only assume Touro will follow suit.

there is so much uncertainty... schools do not want to give a final decision until we’re closer to June (which is unfortunate for us who are looking for apartment leases/plane tickets without a definitive date)

as of now, I guess continue to treat June 29 as our orientation start date.

I have contacted apartments already but I told them I will not sign a lease until the end of May (when I have more info from the school)

Has any of you guys received financial aid package from school yet? I had an email from ADEA inviting me for "the webinar to learn best options for funding your dental education, especially during the current COVID-19 pandemic".

I was told I would receive the package next month and it would be disbursed before school starts.

I’m not sure if people who received their acceptances earlier got it already? Idk how the financial aid packages works (hopefully someone can chime in?)

if you look at the NYU 2024 thread, it seems as if their incoming D1 will be starting online. If that is true, I can only assume Touro will follow suit.

there is so much uncertainty... schools do not want to give a final decision until we’re closer to June (which is unfortunate for us who are looking for apartment leases/plane tickets without a definitive date)
I've seen that thread too, nothing's been said for their dental school yet. Plus, Touro is in a much better area than NYU is so there's no guarantee that Touro would follow suit if NYU went online.

An additional point is that personally, I would still want to move by mid June even if it was online, since I would want to be properly situated and well-adjusted to a new area. I feel it would be too much of a hassle to move and setup a new living space while also juggling online classes, especially if you're me and live all the way across the country :laugh:

Reactions: 1 users