***The Official Touro Class of 2024 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Started by 994850
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Anyone interviewed in the Feb 12th received email recently? I figured out that they would email acceptance earlier than waitlist as everyone here got accept a week after the interview and got to waitlist on the third week from the interview day.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anyone interviewed in the Feb 12th received email recently? I figured out that they would email acceptance earlier than waitlist as everyone here got accept a week after the interview and got to waitlist on the third week from the interview day.
when did you get ur interview??
 
OOS non-traditional applicant
3.0 cumulative (Really really bad undergraduate GPA but I have 3.8 Masters GPA)
22AA 22PAT, nothing below a 20
3.5k+ experience hours
~750 lab hours
~1k volunteering hours
When did you apply? And do you have good personal statement and recommendations? I think those take into account too.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
The class size is 112. They told us before interviews that the class is not full and we were not interviewing for a spot on waitlist. They told us we would hear back in 2-4 weeks.

Yes I interviewed 2/5 and they said about half of the class was filled


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
hey yall.

I applied on the deadline Feb 1st but took the dat on the 30th of Jan. My official dat scores weren't verified till feb 28th (last friday) and they confirmed they received in that same day Before that I called early feb if my unofficial scores would suffice in the time being simply bc that was the only thing missing to have my app reviewed. They said yes. Long story short, i got an email saying I must have my official scores sent no later than feb 29th to be considered. I re-contacted them told them how I have been on this but ADA gave me no options besides to wait it out.
Now, I received an email after telling the adcoms such a situation. They sent a follow up asking me to confirm the test date of my dat and eta when ADA would sent it out. Once they recieved it, I was told via email my scores will be verified against my official report.

My question is, is this a positive thing or nothing to over analyze. Did they review my app and are interested? or just them doing their job bc i paid their fee?

thanks for the input
 
hey yall.

I applied on the deadline Feb 1st but took the dat on the 30th of Jan. My official dat scores weren't verified till feb 28th (last friday) and they confirmed they received in that same day Before that I called early feb if my unofficial scores would suffice in the time being simply bc that was the only thing missing to have my app reviewed. They said yes. Long story short, i got an email saying I must have my official scores sent no later than feb 29th to be considered. I re-contacted them told them how I have been on this but ADA gave me no options besides to wait it out.
Now, I received an email after telling the adcoms such a situation. They sent a follow up asking me to confirm the test date of my dat and eta when ADA would sent it out. Once they recieved it, I was told via email my scores will be verified against my official report.

My question is, is this a positive thing or nothing to over analyze. Did they review my app and are interested? or just them doing their job bc i paid their fee?

thanks for the input

I applied in June and didn't get an interview until Jan. I'm a reapplycant and I've made the mistake of applying last min (aka Feb) and to be frank with you although some schools have deadline on Feb 15th, applying on Feb just slim your chance to nearly 0


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
When you all start looking at apartments and housing options, feel free to message me to get added to a facebook group for NYMC+Touro people looking for room mates! Good luck, and don't worry too much if you're on the waitlist. A lot of us got in off of it.
 
When you all start looking at apartments and housing options, feel free to message me to get added to a facebook group for NYMC+Touro people looking for room mates! Good luck, and don't worry too much if you're on the waitlist. A lot of us got in off of it.

Thank you for the words of encouragement. May I ask for your opinion about the school?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Thank you for the words of encouragement. May I ask for your opinion about the school?
I like it. We start working in the sim lab very early, starting in the summer semester of D1. I enjoy having a split between the basic sciences and a more clinical orientation. Our basic science courses are generally run by professors from New York Medical College, with some additional lectures from dental faculty that discuss some of the relevance of what we're learning. They're clearly putting in a lot of effort and money into making sure we have the best equipment available, and have made a point to teach digital dentistry techniques as much as possible.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad