*** The Official Tufts School of Dentistry Class of 2023 Interview/Acceptance Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Accepted!

Members don't see this ad.

I applied to Tufts 3 years in a row and finally got an interview/acceptance from them. After interviewing I realized that Tufts adcom really like older candidates, especially those who have a masters degree. I believe about 100 students for last year’s class have a masters. I would definitely apply. I never expected to get an interview but as of right now Tufts is one of my favorite dental schools.
Agree. Last year 125 students have a bachelor degree and 78 students have a master or PhD

Members don't see this ad :)
Interviewed in late February, and my AADSAS status is still "invited for interview". Starting to lose hope lol

Just declined my offer :( I love Tufts but I have another dental school offer! Good luck to whoever gets it!

Reactions: 1 user
Did everyone’s 10 day decision email say they hoped we would be pleased with the news we will have for us? Because if it says that and then we got rejected that’d be depressing
I got this and they waitlisted me....:unsure:

Interviewed on Feb 11th; no news today like...

05onfire1_xp-articleLarge-v2.jpg
I interviewed mid-Jan with an expected decision "Before the end of the month". Didn't hear a peep of news (despite initiating contact multiple times with the secretary to follow up about "outstanding requirements" that were not actually outstanding and being reassured hopefully good news was coming very soon). March 6th the infamous, "we hope you will be pleased with the news we will have for you!". March 12th got WAITLISTED. It's been over 2 months of abuse and I just want it to be over with so I can move on with my life.

I interviewed mid-Jan with an expected decision "Before the end of the month". Didn't hear a peep of news (despite initiating contact multiple times with the secretary to follow up about "outstanding requirements" that were not actually outstanding and being reassured hopefully good news was coming very soon). March 6th the infamous, "we hope you will be pleased with the news we will have for you!". March 12th got WAITLISTED. It's been over 2 months of abuse and I just want it to be over with so I can move on with my life.

Welcome to life. I had a school waitlist me 8 months after I interviewed. Not a peep before that the whole time. Then was told I shouldn't worry, I'd get in off the WL because it normally moved "5-10 slots". It moved 1. You deal and move on.

While I agree the school shouldn't say "you'll hear back in 'X' days" and then not follow through, I really think you should reevaluate what you consider to be "abuse".

Welcome to life. I had a school waitlist me 8 months after I interviewed. Not a peep before that the whole time. Then was told I shouldn't worry, I'd get in off the WL because it normally moved "5-10 slots". It moved 1. You deal and move on.

While I agree the school shouldn't say "you'll hear back in 'X' days" and then not follow through, I really think you should reevaluate what you consider to be "abuse".
YIKES 8 months?! Were you in contact with the admissions during that time as well? Hopefully it wasn't your top choice, man that's rotten.

And yes, my post was intentionally a little melodramatic. While I don't like to complain and I agree it's not really abuse, it is a little unprofessional to tell someone they would hear a decision on a certain date and then once that date had passed reply "next week", twice, and not follow up with your phone calls and emails for a solid month. Then, finally (after being ghosted and giving up all hope), release a statement foreshadowing "good news" ...only to be waitlisted a week later; a decision I frankly think could have been "deliberated" on much sooner as it's basically a "maybe" pile anyways. I have had to part ways with security deposits over this time which is probably the most frustrating part.

Members don't see this ad :)
Did anyone receive a confirmatiom email about admissions receiving waitlist forms? I only got that they received the Dean's Disciplinary Form...

Did anyone receive a confirmatiom email about admissions receiving waitlist forms? I only got that they received the Dean's Disciplinary Form...

Yes, I got emails about them getting all of my forms

Does anyone know if the deferred admissions class - class of 2024 - is full at all?

Well... I got waitlisted
I really felt good about the interview, but I guess I was the only one who felt good...

I got a conditional deferred acceptance. I won't be accepting their offer because I've already been accepted to another school. Kind of bummed because I really wanted to go to Tufts. Hope someone else is able to take my spot!

Mine only said the positions may move very quickly, sometimes within a few days of waitlist acceptance
They might've sent different waitlist emails out to people who interviewed at a later date.

Got off the waitlist last night at 10 pm! SDN was weird last night, so posting today!

Reactions: 4 users
This may be a silly question but my status on Aadsas changed from “under review” to “offer made” and I reviewed an email from Certiphi to complete a conditional acceptance background check.
Does this mean I’m accepted or could it mean a conditional deferred acceptance?
Thanks for your help guys and good luck to us all!

This may be a silly question but my status on Aadsas changed from “under review” to “offer made” and I reviewed an email from Certiphi to complete a conditional acceptance background check.
Does this mean I’m accepted or could it mean a conditional deferred acceptance?
Thanks for your help guys and good luck to us all!
The same thing happened to me today and I don't know what to make of it.

The same thing happened to me today and I don't know what to make of it.
Well I went through the same process today, but i received an email last night from Dr. Sabir-Holloway saying congratulation.
Maybe you guys will get the email tonight!

Well I went through the same process today, but i received an email last night from Dr. Sabir-Holloway saying congratulation.
Maybe you guys will get the email tonight!

Congratulations!!! I hope we do as well, I’m so anxious and excited!

Got an email asking if I am still interested in Tufts. She said there will be likely more positions available in the following days.

Got an email asking if I am still interested in Tufts. She said there will be likely more positions available in the following days.
I got the same email asking if Im still interested for a seat in D2023 class.

Last edited:
Congratulations!!! I hope we do as well, I’m so anxious and excited!
have you heard anything since? I haven't and was wondering if I should call to confirm but I also know they don't like to be contacted.

have you heard anything since? I haven't and was wondering if I should call to confirm but I also know they don't like to be contacted.

I have not! Been freaking out and constantly checking my email as well. I’m gonna give them another day, I know they’re very busy. If we don’t hear back today then maybe we should email them tomorrow? Praying we both get the good news soon!

I have not! Been freaking out and constantly checking my email as well. I’m gonna give them another day, I know they’re very busy. If we don’t hear back today then maybe we should email them tomorrow? Praying we both get the good news soon!
same and same! idk if this is stupid to ask but they wouldn't rescind an offer made based on "not confirming", right? like with the invitation to interview, you had 24 hours to respond but acceptances are not time sensitive... it's just putting down a deposit?

same and same! idk if this is stupid to ask but they wouldn't rescind an offer made based on "not confirming", right? like with the invitation to interview, you had 24 hours to respond but acceptances are not time sensitive... it's just putting down a deposit?

I think they give us from the time the acceptance email is sent out to reply and leave a deposit. But I agree, better safe and sorry. Let’s give them another day before we annoy them about it lol

Am I the only one who is tremendously scared of how expensive Tufts is?

Status
Not open for further replies.