*** The Official Tufts School of Dentistry Class of 2023 Interview/Acceptance Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, Congrats to all of you on the acceptances and best of luck to those waiting to hear back. I didn't apply here but I'm interested in the school now and I'm thinking it's too late to apply ( IK Feb is deadline) but would like to hear your opinions or feedback? Appreciate it!
Your chances will go up GREATLY if you wait and apply early next cycle.

Really though.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Hey, Congrats to all of you on the acceptances and best of luck to those waiting to hear back. I didn't apply here but I'm interested in the school now and I'm thinking it's too late to apply ( IK Feb is deadline) but would like to hear your opinions or feedback? Appreciate it!
I think it's worth applying still. Tufts interview cycle is much longer than most schools. Also the cost of applying would be very marginal compared to waiting a whole year.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 user
Hey guys,

I got my acceptance email early this month. And I interviewed in late October.

I do have a masters so I was interviewed relatively quickly.

I submitted the application in late June/early July.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just wondering if you know when the last interview date for Tuft would be since I’ve yet heard anything from the school since I turned in my application.... I don’t want to email and ask for my application status since one of the email they sent out specifically stated that applicants refrain from asking for application status...><

I applied mid-July but one of my rec letter was not completed until 9/29...

Has anyone else received the are you still interested email they send out and not gotten an interview offer if you responded yes to said email. Just wondering because I received that today and want to know what my chances are of receiving an interview.

Has anyone else received the are you still interested email they send out and not gotten an interview offer if you responded yes to said email. Just wondering because I received that today and want to know what my chances are of receiving an interview.

what does your application status say on aadsas?

what does your application status say on aadsas?
Received Under Review, I just received the email asking me if I am still interested like a couple hours ago so I dont expect my portal to change that quick. Just wondering if anyone received this email, said yes, and still did not get an interview.

Received Under Review, I just received the email asking me if I am still interested like a couple hours ago so I dont expect my portal to change that quick. Just wondering if anyone received this email, said yes, and still did not get an interview.

Okay cause mine says Application Complete..... when is this gonna change

For those that did get an email ...
How did you word your response? All I can think of writing is "Yes, I am still interested" and I'm worried that this isn't enough?

For those that did get an email ...
How did you word your response? All I can think of writing is "Yes, I am still interested" and I'm worried that this isn't enough?
Yeah I kept mine nice and to the point and mentioned like why I am still interested.

Has anyone who sent in transcripts for their Fall 2018 semester gotten a confirmation email that it was received? I sent mine in about 3 weeks ago and haven't hear anything from them regrading if it was received or not.

Has anyone who sent in transcripts for their Fall 2018 semester gotten a confirmation email that it was received? I sent mine in about 3 weeks ago and haven't hear anything from them regrading if it was received or not.

Yeah I sent mine in on like Dec 19 & got my confirmation only a few days ago

Members don't see this ad :)
How long does it typically take to hear back after interviews? It's been 9 days for me so far

From tufts or aadsas?

From aadsas, but my masters program coordinator sent in my fall grades early December for me, since our program has close connections to tufts.

Last edited:
I got an email that "The admissions team is working on selecting the Merit Scholarship recipients, so you will be notified if selected."
So i guess that Merit Scholarships have not been sent yet.

If you are truly interested in Tufts and have a competitive DAT score, decent GPA, and good extracurriculars.. I would apply. Especially if you haven't heard from other schools at this point in the cycle.
Thank you very much! Would would you say is a competitive score for Tufts since I've been seeing various scores/averages out there? I was also asking because I heard they're done interviewing but not sure if you know otherwise. Thank you!

Thank you very much! Would would you say is a competitive score for Tufts since I've been seeing various scores/averages out there? I was also asking because I heard they're done interviewing but not sure if you know otherwise. Thank you!
On interview day that said their avg was 20. Tho I'd suggest aiming for a 22+ just because a lot of averages for other schools have increased with time.

I agree with K9-extractor. 22 and up. If you can add the school, great! But your chances of applying next cycle are IMMENSELY greater. I applied to Tufts in July and had my interview beginning of October.

I agree with K9-extractor. 22 and up. If you can add the school, great! But your chances of applying next cycle are IMMENSELY greater. I applied to Tufts in July and had my interview beginning of October.
Thank you

I agree with the general consensus. Best to have apps in before August. I submitted in July with a 24 DAT and barely got an interview.
You barely got an interview with a 24!?!

On AADSAS it says invited for interview but I have yet to receive an email is this normal? Should I contact anyone?

For anyone who interviewed in January, did your AADSAS Status go from "invited to interview" to "received/under review?"

Question: Do we have to have our dentist evaluator confirm the 40+ hours of shadowing BEFORE acceptance or just before matriculation? Thank you!

Question: Do we have to have our dentist evaluator confirm the 40+ hours of shadowing BEFORE acceptance or just before matriculation? Thank you!
I will say ASAP. They are just asking confirmation letter or even email with one sentence from dentist or dental office member that you did shadowing at their place.

This might be what is holding up the next round of decisions

No, you don't need the proof of shadowing to get accepted. I was given a purple sheet during my interview. On this sheet, it said that they didn't have proof of my 40 shadowing hours. I was accepted 3 days after my interview. After receiving your acceptance, you'll get an Enrollment Form and it tells you when the due date for different stuff is.

I was told during my interview that the Admissions Committee meets two Thursdays in a month. I think the reason that I got my acceptance so fast was because they met three days after my interview. If they have not sent out acceptances, maybe this Thursday is the day that they're meeting to make decisions.

They need documentation that says you have done 40 hours of shadowing with a general dentist. I still have not asked my dentist to do this for me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 2 users
No, you don't need the proof of shadowing to get accepted. I was given a purple sheet during my interview. On this sheet, it said that they didn't have proof of my 40 shadowing hours. I was accepted 3 days after my interview. After receiving your acceptance, you'll get an Enrollment Form and it tells you when the due date for different stuff is.

I was told during my interview that the Admissions Committee meets two Thursdays in a month. I think the reason that I got my acceptance so fast was because they met three days after my interview. If they have not sent out acceptances, maybe this Thursday is the day that they're meeting to make decisions.

They need documentation that says you have done 40 hours of shadowing. I still have not asked my dentist to do this for me.
Very helpful! Thank you!

Has anyone's portal changed to "invited for interview" but not received an email yet. I am not sure when it was updated I haven't been on my portal in a couple days.

Has anyone's portal changed to "invited for interview" but not received an email yet. I am not sure when it was updated I haven't been on my portal in a couple days.

Not for me, but I'll say call them and explain your situation if you don't receive the email. I'm not sure how long you have to wait though. There was a girl in my interview who was abroad by the time she got the interview invite, and bc of time differences she didn't call them on time. So, I don't think you'll lose your spot after a day or two. This is the number that was provided for me to call and schedule my interview 617-636-3747.

Last edited by a moderator:

Yeah this happened to me! My status on AADSAS changed sometime yesterday to "invited for interview", but I still haven't received an email. Were you able to call and schedule an interview?

Yeah this happened to me! My status on AADSAS changed sometime yesterday to "invited for interview", but I still haven't received an email. Were you able to call and schedule an interview?
I have not been able to get in contact with anyone yet, I called and emailed the admissions office and no response from either. If it has happened to both you and I though I am assuming they will send out the email soon.

Tufts still interviewing?
If so, have they recently rejected people w/o interviews?

Status
Not open for further replies.