*** The Official Tufts School of Dentistry Class of 2023 Interview/Acceptance Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone have advice for the interview?

The interview is very laid back. Know the basic questions such as "why dentistry" and "why Tufts" but other than that, just have a conversation with your interviewer and student. Every interview will be different, but for mine the D4 student was doing most of the talking and I was only asked "Why Tufts".

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Anyone get accepted after interviewing in late January?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone get accepted after interviewing in late January?
At my interview they told us to expect decisions by the first week of February. However, since no one has posted anything in this thread, I am inclined to believe that Tufts has not sent out acceptances for us late Jan interviewees yet!

Reactions: 2 users
What were the dates you had options for if you don’t mind me asking?
Hi there, I got an interview invite a few weeks ago and the last date on the email was Feb 21, but maybe someone with a more recent interview invite can answer. Hope this helps!

I just talked to a friend that has an interview for the 28th, it’s for a deferred acceptance though

I just talked to a friend that has an interview for the 28th, it’s for a deferred acceptance though
hi, do you mean that your friend had an interview on january 28th and received a deferred acceptance? i interviewed in january but have not heard anything yet

hi, do you mean that your friend had an interview on january 28th and received a deferred acceptance? i interviewed in january but have not heard anything yet

No, their interview is for feb 28 and in their email it stated it would be for a deferred acceptance (of course, nothing is guaranteed until they interview)

Whoever interviews tomorrow can do us all a favor and ask when the next batch of acceptances will be sent out.Thanks lol

No, their interview is for feb 28 and in their email it stated it would be for a deferred acceptance (of course, nothing is guaranteed until they interview)
thank you for letting me know. i did not know they interviewed this early for deferred acceptances.

So for those who interviewed in late January, do you think since they’re doing another interview today they’ll wait until the end of this week to send out acceptances?

So for those who interviewed in late January, do you think since they’re doing another interview today they’ll wait until the end of this week to send out acceptances?
I think likely, only because someone earlier in the thread said the admissions team meets on Thursdays to make decisions (twice a month).

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm sorry guys that you had to wait this long. This is what I was told and I am not sure if they still have two meetings in February as well. I recently got an email from Dr. Holloway requesting not to email or call to find out if they received our documents or not. I believe they are very busy and doing their best to get back to people. I have personally sent some emails and have received replies within a couple weeks. So, if you are wondering if they are taking care of things, they are! Good luck! I hope you'll hear from them soon. From the FB page for accepted students, there are still spots left. I don't know if all the accepted students have joined or not though.

Hey guys I submitted my app end of July and this whole time it was application complete and now it went “under review” does that mean anything??

Whoever interviews tomorrow can do us all a favor and ask when the next batch of acceptances will be sent out.Thanks lol
He said late February (within two weeks), but I don't if it includes those who interviewed earlier

My app just went from Received/Application Complete to Received/Under Review.....

no interview

for people who interviewed in jan and have not received acceptances, have you heard anything from anyone at the school?

He said late February (within two weeks), but I don't if it includes those who interviewed earlier
thanks for the update! did he say any specifics, like day/time wise? did he mention about information regarding interviews before or after you?

At the interview yesterday, one person said by the end of February, another said hopefully by the end of February. *fingers crossed*

for people who interviewed in jan and have not received acceptances, have you heard anything from anyone at the school?

I don’t think any of us have heard anything regarding acceptance, waitlist, etc. and I personally have not heard from any of the admissions staff.

Last edited:
I don’t think any of us have heard anything regarding acceptance, waitlist, etc. and I personally have not heard from any of the admissions staff.
I have two friends who are dying to hear back as well. I think they just to interview everyone and then make the decision all at once. Maybe!!!

Did anyone’s status change today? Mine went from ‘invited to interview’ to ‘under review’ (after my interview) to ‘invited to interview’ (again)....

Same! when do we get the actual offer after the video?
Yes, they will send you a separate acceptance email with the link for enrollment forms and deposit. Congrats!! I got the email day after i got the video

Thank you for response. Did you also experience status change on aadsas like bofaca1?
Yes it currently says invited for interview, despite it previously being under review --> invited --> under review

Yes it currently says invited for interview, despite it previously being under review --> invited --> under review

Does status change stay for a while as under review after your invited to interview status?

Does status change stay for a while as under review after your invited to interview status?
So my first "Invited for Interview status" spanned from receiving the invite email and having my interview
Then it was switched t0 "under view" until today when receiving the video acceptance email so for a total of 3 weeks for me

So my first "Invited for Interview status" spanned from receiving the invite email and having my interview
Then it was switched t0 "under view" until today when receiving the video acceptance email so for a total of 3 weeks for me

Thanks for your response and congrats again!! :)

Great! I interviewed Feb 11th; let the email refreshing 700 times over the next several hours commence!

Reactions: 1 users
Great! I interviewed Feb 11th; let the email refreshing 700 times over the next several hours commence!
Ahh do you think if we didn’t hear anything today, we probably won’t until 2 Thursdays from now since the committee only meets on Thursdays?

Ahh do you think if we didn’t hear anything today, we probably won’t until 2 Thursdays from now since the committee only meets on Thursdays?

I'm unsure, but that is what I think as well from what I have heard. I told my wife last night that I would most likely hear something either today or in 2 Thursdays, but really, who knows except them. xD

I'm unsure, but that is what I think as well from what I have heard. I told my wife last night that I would most likely hear something either today or in 2 Thursdays, but really, who knows except them. xD
Oof. The suspense is killing me!

Do they usually tell waitlist or rejection while sending out acceptance?

Do they usually tell waitlist or rejection while sending out acceptance?

No idea, I’m the wrong person to ask anything about how/why/what schools do. I’ve been unsuccessful at cracking the code so far.

so how long after interview did it take for AADSAS status to change to "under review" mine still says invited for interview

Status
Not open for further replies.