*** The Official Tufts School of Dentistry Class of 2024 Interview/Acceptance Thread ***

they are only doing the bare minimum required by law to protect students health. which means disinfecting and rewearing the same n95 masks in clinic, and using cheap worthless masks in preclin. When are you practicing placing and drilling amalgam you want a real surgical mask! not a piece of paper with ear loops. especially because the class size is so large. they are disregarding our student rights, especially student affairs. they lie to students to cover up how bad things are. historically they just punish students who speak out, but there are so many upset students that the administration is scrambling because they are getting pushback from students for once. they prioritize the d4s who still need to graduate but then that delays the d21s, and then the d22s are delayed and so on. there probably won't be enough patient volume for everyone to graduate on time so everyone is stuck paying full price for a sub-par education

I'm a D22 and am shocked that this is how you're interpreting Tufts response to the pandemic. No response is going to adequately satisfy every single person. Also, they are not repurposing N95 masks. If they do decide to do that, they are going to use the system that hospitals around the country are currently using.

Do you have any better ideas? What do you think they should be doing?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I'm a D22 and am shocked that this is how you're interpreting Tufts response to the pandemic. No response is going to adequately satisfy every single person. Also, they are not repurposing N95 masks. If they do decide to do that, they are going to use the system that hospitals around the country are currently using.

Do you have any better ideas? What do you think they should be doing?

giphy.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a question. I got into the deferred acceptance program at tufts (The PDND program so basically D'25). Any dental school is expensive but Tufts really is. Since the first year is basically a pre-dental year, will it be worth while to apply in the new application cycle? If i get accepted to a lower costing program, will it look bad if I transferred after my pre-dental year in the program? I dont want to put my eggs in one basket but I also dont want to settle.

Members don't see this ad :)
I have a question. I got into the deferred acceptance program at tufts (The PDND program so basically D'25). Any dental school is expensive but Tufts really is. Since the first year is basically a pre-dental year, will it be worth while to apply in the new application cycle? If i get accepted to a lower costing program, will it look bad if I transferred after my pre-dental year in the program? I dont want to put my eggs in one basket but I also dont want to settle.
100% worth it

Reactions: 1 users
Hey guys. I was planning on applying to Tufts this coming cycle but Im not sure if my stats are good enough. If someone would be willing to PM me that'd be great!

Is there a group for students accepted into the deferred program for class of 2025? And does anyone know whether the classes will be online?

I got into that program as well. I dm’ed you. Btw anyone here still waiting or got off the waitlist for the incoming class?

Can you send me the name of the group if there is one? Thank you!
Sorry just saw this. Im not sure if there is a group for the deferred program but there is a Facebook group for incoming D1s Class of 2024.

Last edited:
PDND will be online too, D23 and D24 are confirmed online until January. you will be taking classes "(online) with" D24 class. all didactic classes might be online for spring 2021 too so keep that in mind as a possibility. probably not necessary to move or sign a lease if you don't want to. I would expect rent to start dropping more after sep 1. don't know what color scrubs you guys will be getting (everyone wears the same sterilized scrubs in clinic now, before covid each class year was assigned a different scrub color)

they are disinfecting and reusing N95 masks in the clinics. they said that very clearly. (this doesn't apply to PDND or D24s, you probably won't physically be at school at all in 2020.)

Is there a group for students accepted into the deferred program for class of 2025? And does anyone know whether the classes will be online?
they said it's online only for D24. so I assume that means online only for PDND as well. enjoy paying 75% tuition for online school...

online school is more convenient but PDND is honestly a scam guys. you are paying like 67k to buy a seat in the D25 class year.

except with cost of living your expenses are likely to be around 100k for PDND. add in the other 4 years of debt and you will graduate with 600k+ debt. the most recent graduating class year average indebtedness was 380k for a comparison

good luck

Members don't see this ad :)
Official D24 Stats (notice the PDND class size did not reach capacity as planned, only 13 students in PDND class)

• The D24 Class size 211 (female students-133, male students-78).
  • The PDND Class size is 13 (female-8, male-5).
  • There are 18 students that have Tufts family ties.
  • Students are Asian(32%), 40 are Black/African American (19%), 27are Hispanic/Latinx-(13%) and 77 are white (36%).

The D24s are from all over the USA:

• 17% New England
  • 11% Mid- Atlantic
  • 14% Midwest
  • 32% South
  • 13% West Coast
  • 6% Southwest
  • 1.4% Mountain

Our Feeder Schools are (more than 5 students):

• Barry University - 32
  • Tufts University - 13
  • Mississippi College -7
  • Boston University- 11
  • Rutgers University - 8
  • IUPUI - 6
  • Tulane - 6
  • University of South FL - 8

Reactions: 2 users
I just thought I'd update y'all on what happened... basically I got an acceptance email on Friday December 13th and then on Sunday December 15th near midnight they emailed again saying that the acceptance email was an accident and that I was actually rejected. It was pretty weird considering my AADSAS status had changed to accepted on Friday and then denied on Sunday. They eventually called me to apologize but said that I was still denied. Would have been nice for them to not wait an entire weekend to let me celebrate a false acceptance with my entire family, but it's been a couple of weeks now and I'm over the embarrassment.

I'm sorry to hear that but since I can't send you a message, I'll ask here. How was the interview?? do you think you did good? my interview is coming up and we have similar stats so I just wanted to ask you. Thanks!

I'm sorry to hear that but since I can't send you a message, I'll ask here. How was the interview?? do you think you did good? my interview is coming up and we have similar stats so I just wanted to ask you. Thanks!
The interview was super easy but I was just very unprepared and thinking back I can remember multiple things I said that were very ill-advised. Just focus on the obvious questions like why dental, tell me about yourself and why this school. Also make sure you know your application very well. Something like 80% of interviewees get accepted.

is this accurate? I have an interview .. a masters & some CC credits for pre-reqs. think ill be ok?
if you have an interview why would you still be worried about pre-reqs? tufts likes masters degrees, that is a fact. in general CC credits don't count but if you are really unsure you should ask someone who works in admissions

if you have an interview why would you still be worried about pre-reqs? tufts likes masters degrees, that is a fact. in general CC credits don't count but if you are really unsure you should ask someone who works in admissions
I guess you are not aware that just because you have an interview doesn't mean your file has finished being reviewed. You can receive a deferred acceptance, etc.

I guess you are not aware that just because you have an interview doesn't mean your file has finished being reviewed. You can receive a deferred acceptance, etc.
why would you apply to a program if you don't meet their pre-req requirements? what do you expect them to do when they review your app? I guess I am not aware that people did that. Yes tusdm likes to send deferred acceptances. the dean of admissions took 10 years to earn his phd (3 years longer than average) which is why he likes to hand out deferred acceptances, created the pdnd program, and attempts to delay students every opportunity he gets. pretty petty. I'm sure he would put dental students through 10 years of dental school if he was given the chance

is this accurate? I have an interview .. a masters & some CC credits for pre-reqs. think ill be ok?
When I applied last year, I knew beforehand that Tufts generally doesn’t generally accept cc prerequisites even though I took one class at a cc. I was still accepted but I had to retake at a 4 year prior to matriculation. Although I didn’t do a masters, I completed a post baccalaureate program - I tried to get around not having to retake it but came up short. I know masters hold a heavier weight than post baccs, so there’s a chance you might be fine but I feel like that depends on which & how many prerequisites you took at a cc.

During my interview, they gave everyone a sheet of paper that explicitly told us which classes we still needed to take - i am sure they will do something similar during your Zoom interview & you can ask them!

For those wondering why I still applied knowing I would need to retake the class: I wanted to keep my options open. If Tufts had been my only acceptance or if I fell in love with the school after my visit, I would’ve definitely retaken the class. Plus, it would’ve been only ONE class I had to retake - had a majority of my prereqs been from a cc, then I would’ve likely not applied.

When I applied last year, I knew beforehand that Tufts generally doesn’t generally accept cc prerequisites even though I took one class at a cc. I was still accepted but I had to retake at a 4 year prior to matriculation. Although I didn’t do a masters, I completed a post baccalaureate program - I tried to get around not having to retake it but came up short. I know masters hold a heavier weight than post baccs, so there’s a chance you might be fine but I feel like that depends on which & how many prerequisites you took at a cc.

During my interview, they gave everyone a sheet of paper that explicitly told us which classes we still needed to take - i am sure they will do something similar during your Zoom interview & you can ask them!

For those wondering why I still applied knowing I would need to retake the class: I wanted to keep my options open. If Tufts had been my only acceptance or if I fell in love with the school after my visit, I would’ve definitely retaken the class. Plus, it would’ve been only ONE class I had to retake - had a majority of my prereqs been from a cc, then I would’ve likely not applied.

Thank you for your response! During my interview, they provided me the paper which said my file is complete. Therefore, I will not need to retake any classes. So do you attend Tufts currently or did you choose another school?

Thank you for your response! During my interview, they provided me the paper which said my file is complete. Therefore, I will not need to retake any classes. So do you attend Tufts currently or did you choose another school?
That's great you don't have to worry about retaking any classes! I ended up choosing another school that was closer to home (I'm from the west coast)

Why are you so nasty with your responses....You have to be one of the gunners at the school.

I am a current TUSDM student and I have 10 credits received from a community college for two required classes (Physics 1 + 2)....so your advice is inaccurate here.