*** The Official Tufts School of Dentistry Class of 2024 Interview/Acceptance Thread ***

coolguy07

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Good luck everyone!

Link to last years' thread: *** The Official Tufts School of Dentistry Class of 2023 Interview/Acceptance Thread ***

Link to interview prep: Tufts University School of Dental Medicine Interview Feedback
----> Be sure to give feedback on your interview to help future applicants! :)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I've not even receive a welcome email from them yet :(

I did receive a completed application email. They said it would take long before hearing back again.

How long after submitted the AADSAS Application did it take to receive an email about the secondary app? I submitted my primary app two weeks ago and haven't heard anything since
I sent my application around June 8th-10th, I received an email 3 weeks after.

Last year’s thread had no movement until September. We will all just have to sit tight for a few months.

Reactions: 3 users
I got an email for the supplemental fee a few weeks ago

Members don't see this ad :)
So if we've received the e-mail to pay the supplemental that means we're going to get an interview :)?

I haven't gotten any email confirmation or anything. My app was verified 7/9. I emailed admissions and so far no response.

I haven't gotten any email confirmation or anything. My app was verified 7/9. I emailed admissions and so far no response.

I got the app complete email on July 15th!
The headline should say "TUSDM DMD Application Complete"

and the e-mail started out with

Thank you for your application to Tufts University School of Dental Medicine. Your application is considered complete and will undergo review. Although your application is considered complete, we reserve the right to request additional information to fully evaluate your candidacy.

Hope this helps!

I got the app complete email on July 15th!
The headline should say "TUSDM DMD Application Complete"

and the e-mail started out with

Thank you for your application to Tufts University School of Dental Medicine. Your application is considered complete and will undergo review. Although your application is considered complete, we reserve the right to request additional information to fully evaluate your candidacy.

Hope this helps!
When was your app verified by AADSAS?

Just throwing this out there- the D23s have orientation next Thursday so if you are not hearing back right away, it’s probably because admissions are making sure everything is ready for the D23s (my class).
Be patient.

Reactions: 1 users
Finally got an email from Tufts confirming they got my app and also gave a link to pay the supplemental. Looks like we'll be waiting to hear about interviews for another two months.

Reactions: 4 users
Wondering if anybody can answer this:
I know tufts doesn't accept AP credit so I am missing Gen Chem I. I've already submitted apps to 4 other schools (which accept AP) and have already graduated. Do I just opt out of adding a course for the gen chem 1 pre req? Or how should I go about this.
I've tried calling Tufts three times this week and they never answered... lol

Also I have no plans to take gen chem 1 unless I get accepted into Tufts.

Wondering if anybody can answer this:
I know tufts doesn't accept AP credit so I am missing Gen Chem I. I've already submitted apps to 4 other schools (which accept AP) and have already graduated. Do I just opt out of adding a course for the gen chem 1 pre req? Or how should I go about this.
I've tried calling Tufts three times this week and they never answered... lol

Also I have no plans to take gen chem 1 unless I get accepted into Tufts.

I would prob just add a thing on AADSAS saying you plan to take it at a CC to fill the requirement. I think if you don’t have anything there your app won’t even be considered bc it’s incomplete.

I would prob just add a thing on AADSAS saying you plan to take it at a CC to fill the requirement. I think if you don’t have anything there your app won’t even be considered bc it’s incomplete.
I think CC credit isn't accepted at tufts

Tufts does accept some community college credits ONLY from those who have a masters degree

Reactions: 2 users
What is everyone status on AADSAS portal? Mine was "application complete" for the longest time, and now it switched to "under review"
Mine was "received/under review" until I got the application complete email, now its "received/application complete". I don't think it really means anything.

Reactions: 2 users
Mine was "received/under review" until I got the application complete email, now its "received/application complete". I don't think it really means anything.

Mine switched to under review today also

Submitted July 4th

App Complete email July 26th
Thanks! Are you the only one its changed to "under review"? Im hoping they let us all know sooner

Last edited:
Thanks! Are you the only one its changed to "under review"? Im hoping they let us all know sooner

No there was someone else that’s why I added that my status has changed! Why date did you submit and receive the app complete email ?

No there was someone else that’s why I added that my status has changed! Why date did you submit and receive the app complete email ?
I submitted my app July 13 and received App Complete email July 19

I know they'll start reviewing in about a month or less from now, I have friends that are D1's and they spoke to admissions who mentioned they will start reviewing apps very soon.

Just be patient - they interviewed roughly 600 applicants last year if I remember correctly, and accepted the majority of them from my understanding, with 203 committing. Essentially, they interview a good portion of applicants and they generally interview to the end of February or later.

Reactions: 4 users
Just be patient - they interviewed roughly 600 applicants last year if I remember correctly, and accepted the majority of them from my understanding, with 203 committing. Essentially, they interview a good portion of applicants and they generally interview to the end of February or later.
Oh that's great news! yes, I completely understand we need to just play the waiting game now, I'm just a bit nervous is all. Thanks for the reply :)

Hello!

Does anyone know if Tufts has a cut off for the reading comprehension portion of the DAT? On their website it looks like they're looking for high scores. I got a 17 and scared I won't even get looked at because of that.

Hello!

Does anyone know if Tufts has a cut off for the reading comprehension portion of the DAT? On their website it looks like they're looking for high scores. I got a 17 and scared I won't even get looked at because of that.

17 on reading is not a problem

Hello!

They have a cutoff of 21 for RC for international students. I know they stress RC very much because it has shown to be a clear marker for how well students do in dental school.

Does anyone still have received/waiting additional information as their status? All of my other schools have indicated they received my scores except Tufts so far and its been a couple of weeks.

Is it true if it says application complete on the status we won’t be receiving an interview?
Thats definitely not true. If it says application complete, it means it's complete. They dont start reviewing apps this this month and they start giving out interview late this month until feb.

Does anyone still have received/waiting additional information as their status? All of my other schools have indicated they received my scores except Tufts so far and its been a couple of weeks.

Me too. Mine has been waiting additional info even though it's been complete for a month.

Me too. Mine has been waiting additional info even though it's been complete for a month.
Nice to know I'm not alone haha I tried calling but the automated messaged made it clear they didn't want people calling to ask at this time.

• Sad

Yes, my status is also received/waiting additional info. It is not an indicator of if we'll receive interviews or not. Just be patient :) I'm sure we'll be hearing from them very soon

yeah where exactly did you hear that ? my status says application complete :cryi:

Does it say received/application complete? Or just application complete? Mine says the former... I hope that isn’t true :(

Everyone relaxxxxx, there's no way that's true, considering they haven't even sent out the first round of interviews yet. :)