****The Official Tufts University Class of 2017 Acceptance Thread****

How many people were interviewed yesterday? Is it still about 15 or is it less because its Feb now...?

We did about 15ish I would say, I do not know the exact answer. I know it seems like there won't be many left, but Dr. Kasberg said to relax, there are plenty of seats left. Interviewing in March is most likely a waitlist spot. Plus, keep in mind that Tufts interviews later, so each week leaves the possibility that people who are interviewing have accepted elsewhere. One person did not show up in our group.

Members don't see this ad.

We did about 15ish I would say, I do not know the exact answer. I know it seems like there won't be many left, but Dr. Kasberg said to relax, there are plenty of seats left. Interviewing in March is most likely a waitlist spot. Plus, keep in mind that Tufts interviews later, so each week leaves the possibility that people who are interviewing have accepted elsewhere. One person did not show up in our group.

ah good to hear, my interview isn't until February 25th which is probably the last of the February ones since ill be in the same decision group as the week before me. crossing my fingers that I kill this interview! or that people have already accepted other places

ah good to hear, my interview isn't until February 25th which is probably the last of the February ones since ill be in the same decision group as the week before me. crossing my fingers that I kill this interview! or that people have already accepted other places
My interview should have been the 19th, 21st or 25th. I was lucky to have someone cancel for the 4th, so I grabbed that one. I suppose the sooner the better, but maybe try calling to see if anyone has cancelled their interview for earlier dates. You never know, one person didn't show in my group.

Members don't see this ad :)
My interview should have been the 19th, 21st or 25th. I was lucky to have someone cancel for the 4th, so I grabbed that one. I suppose the sooner the better, but maybe try calling to see if anyone has cancelled their interview for earlier dates. You never know, one person didn't show in my group.

great idea, ill try that end of the week!

Same here! I was supposed to interview at the end of this month but I was able to find one on the 4th!

Same here! I was supposed to interview at the end of this month but I was able to find one on the 4th!

man I wish I had asked for sooner! I called and everything is still booked til my date at the end of the month, I'm just worried it'll effect my chances that its so late

Don't worry everyone! :) Let's see if I can answer some of the lingering questions...

When I interviewed in late January they told us 70-80% get accepted after the interview, 10-15% get on the waitlist, and 5% are on hold. Those are good chances!! Also, they still have over half the spots to fill (like Upperbyte said), and always accept twice as many as they have room for...which means there's still giving out about 150 acceptances!

They meet to make decisions every other week, and after you get accepted you have 15 days to make a deposit.

As for the interview, I personally got some ethical questions, which was nerve-wracking but there's no way to prepare for them really. :) But it was a really comfortable environment since I got a D4 student!

Good luck!!!

Anybody else traveling to Boston this week? I am worried about making my flights...I was supposed to fly in on Saturday from the west coast

http://www.boston.com/metrodesk/201...zard-coming/lu16IdVkHUKvWpeDP5hf9K/story.html
So, did you end up flying in? I am right outside of Boston, and although this is a kicker of a storm, I would assume flights would be back up very soon. The snow has stopped, and I am sure Logan airport is a priority. They called a state of emergency in Boston and a parking and driving ban was instilled, so I am sure that the streets will be easier to be plowed and ready for Monday:)

So, did you end up flying in? I am right outside of Boston, and although this is a kicker of a storm, I would assume flights would be back up very soon. The snow has stopped, and I am sure Logan airport is a priority. They called a state of emergency in Boston and a parking and driving ban was instilled, so I am sure that the streets will be easier to be plowed and ready for Monday:)
Yea, I am in Washington DC for now. I wasn't able to get a flight to Boston until Monday, but that's okay because my interview isn't until Tuesday. I wanted to get to Boston early to check the city out, but at least I'm gonna make my interview haha

My friend has an interview here I think 3 weeks from now. You guys better wear a coat over your suit....

Members don't see this ad :)
Yea, I am in Washington DC for now. I wasn't able to get a flight to Boston until Monday, but that's okay because my interview isn't until Tuesday. I wanted to get to Boston early to check the city out, but at least I'm gonna make my interview haha
Okay, well, good luck. Unfortunately the city is so congested with snowy sidewalks, but if you have time to sightsee after, I would suggest it!

My friend has an interview here I think 3 weeks from now. You guys better wear a coat over your suit....
Yes....wear a coat, you can always store it in the admissions closet they let you use. And, if you decide not to bring one, none of the tours are outside, so you should be okay! We're warming up this week! 35 degrees +!

Can we take a taxi from the airport to the school? Do u guys know if that's expensive/safe? Lol

Can we take a taxi from the airport to the school? Do u guys know if that's expensive/safe? Lol

It's plenty safe, I bet it will cost like 20-30 though. The T is just as safe and will cost 2.50 and will take about 20-30 mins.

I am flying in tomorrow. Taking the T from the airport: First the Blue line (towards Government center) to State st station and then switch over to the Orange line (towards Forest Hill) to Tufts medical center station. The dental school is a block away. I also checked and the subway system is working, in limited areas, which include the stretches we would cover.
If this by any chance is a bad idea (according to someone from Boston), please let me know! Thanks.

So where do you actually pay for the tickets and subway and bus stuff? What's a Charlie Ticket? Do they accept debit cards? I'm so lost.

So where do you actually pay for the tickets and subway and bus stuff? What's a Charlie Ticket? Do they accept debit cards? I'm so lost.

There are vending machines in the subway stations that will accept your debit card. A charlieticket is a paper ticket with a magnetic strip like the ones used in NYC.

A Charlie ticket is the ticket you put money on to use the T, at the stations they have vending machines that you can put a certain amount of money onto them, say 5bucks for two rides (2.50 per ride) and yes they take debit cards

For those who interviewed, do you guys know how much of Tufts class is filled so far?

For those who interviewed, do you guys know how much of Tufts class is filled so far?
I interviewed there today. The whole day was really laid back and the interview was too. They said they have 100 deposits as of now and then are waiting to hear back from 120 applicants who were offered acceptances. They said they typically expect 50% of those accepted to matriculate, I am hoping that it will be less than that. Regardless, they said the committee will meet this Friday and make some more decisions. By then they will have decided on a batch of acceptances, they make decisions every two weeks. I am really sold on the school though, I liked them a lot going in, but they sold me the school really well in the interview and they are my top choice now.

I interviewed there today. The whole day was really laid back and the interview was too. They said they have 100 deposits as of now and then are waiting to hear back from 120 applicants who were offered acceptances. They said they typically expect 50% of those accepted to matriculate, I am hoping that it will be less than that. Regardless, they said the committee will meet this Friday and make some more decisions. By then they will have decided on a batch of acceptances, they make decisions every two weeks. I am really sold on the school though, I liked them a lot going in, but they sold me the school really well in the interview and they are my top choice now.

Did they have a storage place for luggage?

I haven't had much correspondence from Tufts. Has anyone called the office to get status updates? Is there any hope for additional interviews coming up?

Did they have a storage place for luggage?
They don't have an official place for luggage, but there was a girl in my interview that put here suitcase in the coat closet. I had to leave to the airport pretty soon after the interview ended, which actually ended around 2 instead of the 3 which they indicated in the email, and I left my luggage at the front desk of the hotel. I stayed at the Doubletree though, which is like less than a block away. I just would try to avoid bringing a suitcase with me if I could help it. If you had to though, you could definitely put it in the coat closet.

@jyli125, I'm not sure if you meant to post in the pre-dental forum as your status is pre-med, but for dental I think they're pretty much slowing down, and will be done by the end of Feb; I think they have already given out all those interviews too

Based on the trends last year, the Tufts starts waitlisting if you have an interview in late Feb. Good luck. If you have any questions send me a PM, I'm a current first yr at Tufts Dental.

Do you guys know if they will send more interview invitations soon or they are done?

Do you guys know if they will send more interview invitations soon or they are done?

From what they said at the interview, I believe that they're done. She said the end of February dates are mostly waitlist...so I'm assuming they won't be giving out anymore dates.

Well folks, tomorrow is a new wave of acceptances! Yikes!:soexcited:

Is there an official fb group for class of 2017?

Do you know what time the meeting is? I'm so anxious!

I wonder if they will wait until after admissions closes to update AADSAS. Then, none of us freaks will be calling the office nonstop if we didn't get an offer:)

I wonder if they will wait until after admissions closes to update AADSAS. Then, none of us freaks will be calling the office nonstop if we didn't get an offer:)

AADSAS should update later in the evening; I checked at 7 P.M. on 2/1 and saw that status changed from Under Review to Offer Made. Could be sooner or could be later; all I know is that they didn't update during the afternoon.

Hope you all hear good news tonight!

Thanks for posting that! I expected it earlier so that is relieving. Well, what is one to do anyways? Go on with your night...cook dinner.....and check later on!

After my interview in early January I e-mailed them and got the acceptance back via e-mail on the Friday the committee met but AADSAS didn't update till the following Tuesday and the acceptance package came the following Friday. So don't fret to much if you don't hear anything till the middle of next week (if you don't contact them).

Man, it just never seems to end! I can't wait until I can NO longer even see the word AADSAS again!

After my interview in early January I e-mailed them and got the acceptance back via e-mail on the Friday the committee met but AADSAS didn't update till the following Tuesday and the acceptance package came the following Friday. So don't fret to much if you don't hear anything till the middle of next week (if you don't contact them).

I did the same today...got my acceptance via email :D

Well, I guess I wanted to wait and not bother them via email, but if I knew they would send one back, I totally would have emailed them. And Monday is a holiday:(