You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
****The Official UAB Class of 2022 Interview/Acceptance Thread****
Started by Wowzer89
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Hey everyone! I received my supplemental yesterday. Anyone else considering UAB? Good luck to everyone!!
I am. Are you out of state or in state?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
In state. You?
Same I'm in state. What college are you at?
In state. You?I am. Are you out of state or in state?
are the supplementals sent to email or through phsyical mail?
Hey everyone! I received my supplemental yesterday. Anyone else considering UAB? Good luck to everyone!!
I am! No supplemental but I'm OOS. Do you have your DAT in?
I do. I took it in March.I am! No supplemental but I'm OOS. Do you have your DAT in?
AlabamaSame I'm in state. What college are you at?
From what I've read on previous UAB threads, late July, early August.anyone know how soon UAB starts interviewing? I'm in state and just mailed them my supplemental back but I don't take my DAT until the end of July
From what I've read on previous UAB threads, late July, early August.
Also according to the ADEA Book, if you are instate and get an interview you have a good chance getting accepted. The book states that last year 110 applied?, 65 got interviews and 42 got offers. So basically just don't mess up the interview.
I emailed admissions because I haven't received a supplemental yet and they responded with this:
"There have been lots of issues with AADSAS and we are just now pulling applications. It could be weeks or even months before we contact everyone. Please note that we are not on a rolling basis, but are accepting applications through the end of October. We will get back with you as soon as the Committee has a chance to review all the applications currently in the system."
Anyone else receive a response like this?
"There have been lots of issues with AADSAS and we are just now pulling applications. It could be weeks or even months before we contact everyone. Please note that we are not on a rolling basis, but are accepting applications through the end of October. We will get back with you as soon as the Committee has a chance to review all the applications currently in the system."
Anyone else receive a response like this?
Sending in the supplemental tomorrow. I am OOS (Florida).
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
When did you submit?Sending in the supplemental tomorrow. I am OOS (Florida).
I got an interview today as well!!! They offered the 26th, but I was going to be out of town so I'll be there August 9th.
I got an interview today as well!!! They offered the 26th, but I was going to be out of town so I'll be there August 9th.
Good luck! I hope you kill the interview. If uab gives you an interview for an instate, you have a high chance for acceptance!
Thank you! I'm actually from Tennessee, but hopefully I'll still have a good chance! Good luck to you!Good luck! I hope you kill the interview. If uab gives you an interview for an instate, you have a high chance for acceptance!
Just got a call for an interview!! It is scheduled for July 26!!
When did you get submit/get verified?! That's awesome, 'grats!I got an interview today as well!!! They offered the 26th, but I was going to be out of town so I'll be there August 9th.
I submitted the initial app on June 3rd, got the supplemental July 1st. They received my supplemental on July 6th (I called to make sure since it had my check in it haha). Thank you!When did you get submit/get verified?! That's awesome, 'grats!
I submitted mine on June 19 but due to transcript verification, committee letter, and supplemental application, I finished everything and mailed my check and everything on July 6th.When did you get submit/get verified?! That's awesome, 'grats!
This may be a dumb question but did they mail you your current or permanent address? I ask because I'm not in the area of my current so if they mailed the supplemental there I won't know....
Mine went tommy current address. I had to go back to my college home from my parents to receive the letter.This may be a dumb question but did they mail you your current or permanent address? I ask because I'm not in the area of my current so if they mailed the supplemental there I won't know....
Got the call today! AADSAS complete 6/13.
Got the call for an interview on Friday for August 2nd!! OOS
Got the call today! AADSAS complete 6/13.
When's your interview date?
When's your interview date?
I'll be there 8/16! I'm OOS as well.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congrats to you all who have interviews! Did the status on AADSAS change to waiting additional information prior to you receiving the supplemental application or was it a surprise in the mail?
Interview 8/16! From the Sunshine State
stats? also OOS :x app complete 7/13I'll be there 8/16! I'm OOS as well.
They'd like a minimum of 40 hours.Do they have any shadowing hours requirement??
Do they have any shadowing hours requirement??
They'd like a minimum of 40 hours.
Dr. Filler recommends at least 60 shadowing hours.
congrats! What were your stats?I got an interview today as well!!! They offered the 26th, but I was going to be out of town so I'll be there August 9th.
I'm OOS (Arkansas) and received my supplemental on 7/18 and mailed it back this week. My whole AADSAS application was complete 6/29
Hi, guys!
Just did the interview today. You meet up at 11, do a tour for like an hour, eat lunch for an hour, and the interview starts around 1. Today we had 5 interviewees, but they say it is normally 8.
They emphasized that UAB is #1 researched funded school in the country and how intensive their curriculum is focused on clinical.
Overall, pretty relaxed interview and the questions were nothing crazy although Dr. Filler asked me if South Koreans can ever go visit North Koreans if they have families.
Ask me if you have some questions!
Just did the interview today. You meet up at 11, do a tour for like an hour, eat lunch for an hour, and the interview starts around 1. Today we had 5 interviewees, but they say it is normally 8.
They emphasized that UAB is #1 researched funded school in the country and how intensive their curriculum is focused on clinical.
Overall, pretty relaxed interview and the questions were nothing crazy although Dr. Filler asked me if South Koreans can ever go visit North Koreans if they have families.
Ask me if you have some questions!
Interview #2
School: UAB
Notification date: 7/27
Method of notification: phone call
Residency: FL
AADSAS Mail out: 6/1
Application status: Complete 7/9
GPA (science, overall) 3.7 sGPA, ~3.8 overall
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 24/25/22/22/none
School: UAB
Notification date: 7/27
Method of notification: phone call
Residency: FL
AADSAS Mail out: 6/1
Application status: Complete 7/9
GPA (science, overall) 3.7 sGPA, ~3.8 overall
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 24/25/22/22/none
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have a 3.96 GPA and a 21 AA with 20 PAT.congrats! What were your stats?
Hey everyone! I had my interview yesterday, and it was a good day! Everyone is so nice there, and they really tried to make us feel comfortable.
Jhan17 was spot on with the schedule, and we had 8 in my group (2nd round of interviews I believe). All of the other applicants were super friendly as well.
The interview was more relaxed I'd say. Of course, the 1st question is tell me about yourself, so after you get past that, you can tell they make an effort to make you feel comfortable and like it is a conversation. I didn't have any off-the-wall questions.
Let me know if you have questions as well!
Jhan17 was spot on with the schedule, and we had 8 in my group (2nd round of interviews I believe). All of the other applicants were super friendly as well.
The interview was more relaxed I'd say. Of course, the 1st question is tell me about yourself, so after you get past that, you can tell they make an effort to make you feel comfortable and like it is a conversation. I didn't have any off-the-wall questions.
Let me know if you have questions as well!
I have my interview tomorrow, and I'm REALLY nervous. Any helpful words to calm me down??
YOU CAN DO IT!!!I have my interview tomorrow, and I'm REALLY nervous. Any helpful words to calm me down??
I had a similar experience! My status changed from 'invited to interview' to 'none' though... Is that a bad sign or just a natural progression of the process?Hey everyone! I had my interview yesterday, and it was a good day! Everyone is so nice there, and they really tried to make us feel comfortable.
Jhan17 was spot on with the schedule, and we had 8 in my group (2nd round of interviews I believe). All of the other applicants were super friendly as well.
The interview was more relaxed I'd say. Of course, the 1st question is tell me about yourself, so after you get past that, you can tell they make an effort to make you feel comfortable and like it is a conversation. I didn't have any off-the-wall questions.
Let me know if you have questions as well!
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 43
- Views
- 14K
- Replies
- 27
- Views
- 9K
- Replies
- 65
- Views
- 19K