You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
****The Official UAB Class of 2022 Interview/Acceptance Thread****
Started by Wowzer89
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
This is for UAB dent!I thought that this thread was for UAB optometry. I got an interview from UAB (optometry) scheduled for Sept. 8
I had a similar experience! My status changed from 'invited to interview' to 'none' though... Is that a bad sign or just a natural progression of the process?
That happened to me too. It's normal. Our apps have already been reviewed, and we are no longer invited for an interview because it happened already. The decision status should only change on (possibly) December first at this point.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey everyone! I had my interview yesterday, and it was a good day! Everyone is so nice there, and they really tried to make us feel comfortable.
Jhan17 was spot on with the schedule, and we had 8 in my group (2nd round of interviews I believe). All of the other applicants were super friendly as well.
The interview was more relaxed I'd say. Of course, the 1st question is tell me about yourself, so after you get past that, you can tell they make an effort to make you feel comfortable and like it is a conversation. I didn't have any off-the-wall questions.
Let me know if you have questions as well!
About how long were each of the 2 rounds of interviews?
About how long were each of the 2 rounds of interviews?
There was just 1 group interview (4 on 1). I meant we were the second group/second date to interview. Like there was only 1 interview date before us.
Hey guys! Any IS interviewees yet?? I am IS and just got a call on Friday to interview on November 1st. From what I've heard/read, it seems like UAB did their OOS interviews first, and are now getting around to IS. Anyone else have thoughts on this, or scheduled their interview for Nov 1st?
Hey guys! Any IS interviewees yet?? I am IS and just got a call on Friday to interview on November 1st. From what I've heard/read, it seems like UAB did their OOS interviews first, and are now getting around to IS. Anyone else have thoughts on this, or scheduled their interview for Nov 1st?
Hey I am instate. The date they offered me was November 1st too. I took it without hesitation.
I interviewed July 26.. I'm IS.Hey guys! Any IS interviewees yet?? I am IS and just got a call on Friday to interview on November 1st. From what I've heard/read, it seems like UAB did their OOS interviews first, and are now getting around to IS. Anyone else have thoughts on this, or scheduled their interview for Nov 1st?
Did anyone else OOS get an interview invite? I only saw one interview invite to someone OOS on the first page of this post.
Did anyone else OOS get an interview invite? I only saw one interview invite to someone OOS on the first page of this post.
I'm OOS and might be the person you are talking about, but everyone at my interview was OOS. There weren't any Alabama residents. Also, many of my friends (also Georgia residents) have had interviews or received interview invites. I don't think they put much emphasis on residency, especially in regards to the order of inviting people.
Interview #2
School: UAB
Notification date: 9/8
Method of notification: phone call
Residency: AL
AADSAS Mail out: 6/20
Application status: Complete 8/11
GPA (science, overall) Undergrad: 3.14/3.28; Graduate: 3.71/3.71
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21AA/20TS/21PAT/26RC
Actually called to confirm my application was complete because as of last week they didn't have my letters although they were verified three weeks ago. When I talked to Kathy at Admissions she said that she had pulled my file earlier and I was on her next batch of calls to schedule an interview. So I will be interviewing on Nov. 15!
School: UAB
Notification date: 9/8
Method of notification: phone call
Residency: AL
AADSAS Mail out: 6/20
Application status: Complete 8/11
GPA (science, overall) Undergrad: 3.14/3.28; Graduate: 3.71/3.71
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21AA/20TS/21PAT/26RC
Actually called to confirm my application was complete because as of last week they didn't have my letters although they were verified three weeks ago. When I talked to Kathy at Admissions she said that she had pulled my file earlier and I was on her next batch of calls to schedule an interview. So I will be interviewing on Nov. 15!
Hey guys! I just received the supplemental today. For the question "What is your reason for choosing UAB School of Dentistry", did you guys just hand write a response in the space provided or did you type up a longer separate response, since the space provided is very limited? Thanks!
I wrote very very small lol. I typed it up first before I start writing it.Hey guys! I just received the supplemental today. For the question "What is your reason for choosing UAB School of Dentistry", did you guys just hand write a response in the space provided or did you type up a longer separate response, since the space provided is very limited? Thanks!
do you remember around how many words/characters you were able to fit?I wrote very very small lol. I typed it up first before I start writing it.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
155 words. It got sloppy towards the end though when I was running out of space.do you remember around how many words/characters you were able to fit?
Yeah for out of state, not everyone will receive a secondaryMy app was verified 2 months ago and I have been on under review for a month and still no secondary... I'm out of state by the way
So the secondary app is not mandatory?Yeah for out of state, not everyone will receive a secondary
It is mandatory but they only give it out to a limited amount of OOS applicants, I had everything submitted in early July and didn't receive the secondary until this week, so be patient, they're still reviewing the applications.So the secondary app is not mandatory?
I am not sure what to put for "Is there anything of importance the committee should know about you?" What were some of the things you guys talked about?
The only thing I mentioned there is that I'm a student-athleteI am not sure what to put for "Is there anything of importance the committee should know about you?" What were some of the things you guys talked about?
I am not sure what to put for "Is there anything of importance the committee should know about you?" What were some of the things you guys talked about?
I used this as a time to talk about when college was just difficult for me and how it may have reflected in my grades.
I think I’m late applying to UAB. Submitted everything 9/5 and received by mail the supplement last week. Got it mailed back within the week. Do you think I am too late here. I am OOS .
I think you wouldn't be ruled out since you got a supplemental and you're OOS. But there really is no telling!
Interview #2
School: UAB
Notification date: 10/6
Method of notification: phone call (email follow-up)
Residency: AL
GPA (science, overall) 3.21 sGPA, 3.24 overall
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 24/24/18/27/ QR:16
School: UAB
Notification date: 10/6
Method of notification: phone call (email follow-up)
Residency: AL
GPA (science, overall) 3.21 sGPA, 3.24 overall
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 24/24/18/27/ QR:16
Any tips for the interview?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
accepted at 8am by dr filler!
Congrats, Can I ask what your status was before you got the phone call from them?Just got accepted too!!! Got the call around 9am!
Congrats, Can I ask what your status was before you got the phone call from them?
mine was none when I got the call
My status on AADSAS was "none" and it changed right after my interview.Congrats, Can I ask what your status was before you got the phone call from them?
Does anyone know how many students they called yesterday and when they might make the second round of phone calls? I'm also interested in the above question.. when would it be acceptable to call and ask the status of your application. Is it acceptable at all?
They do.Does anyone know if UAB holds post-dec interviews?
I just received an invitation for one this morning! so, yes!Does anyone know if UAB holds post-dec interviews?
I made a facebook page so we can start to meet our class. SDN won't allow me to post the link but just search UAB School of Dentistry Class of 2022 for all the people accepted!accepted at 8am by dr filler!
Last edited:
Is the interview open or closed file?
Is the interview open or closed file?
open
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I made a facebook page so we can start to meet our class. SDN won't allow me to post the link but just search UAB School of Dentistry Class of 2022 for all the people accepted!
I can't find it. Is it public?
I had my interview today and they said they're having one more interview day in January. About 4-5 people.
Do you know if they already gave out invites for that day yet?I had my interview today and they said they're having one more interview day in January. About 4-5 people.
Do you know if they already gave out invites for that day yet?
They didn't mention
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 43
- Views
- 14K
- Replies
- 27
- Views
- 10K
- Replies
- 65
- Views
- 20K