You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
***The Official UCLA Class of 2019 Interview/Acceptance Thread***
Started by kingenamel
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/thr...hread-2014-2015.1081352/page-50#post-15831708Hey guys can you send the link to the acceptance thread everyone is talking about? Are they at batch 3 yet?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Has anyone gotten any e-mails from UCLA regarding application complete? I submitted AADSAS 8/29 (mailed) and my DAT was updated around 9/30, secondary e-mailed and check sent, but never got an e-mail saying anything was rec'd/complete. Should I be worried?
I don't think they send an email when your app is completed, they simply update your status to "Received/Application Complete." This is what happened with my app.Has anyone gotten any e-mails from UCLA regarding application complete? I submitted AADSAS 8/29 (mailed) and my DAT was updated around 9/30, secondary e-mailed and check sent, but never got an e-mail saying anything was rec'd/complete. Should I be worried?
Thanks guys. They are not even on my AADSAS portal (a month after sending the secondary) So I sent them an e-mail today. Hopefully my application is not lost somewhere. Gah.
Just a heads up for anyone who applied and hasn't heard anything in a while. I thought I followed directions but ended up sending a blank PDF secondary over a month ago... Finally emailed to see what was going on and was informed of this. Heartbroken. Chances are definitely shot. But like I said, if you haven't heard, e-mail and make sure your secondary went through correctly. If it didn't, they won't let you know. Be proactive so you don't face the same fate as me 🙁
Yes. Mine never showed up on AADSAS.If the status updated to "complete" that means it went through right?
Does anybody know what batch they are on?
Everyone that has posted as been first batch from what I have seenDoes anybody know what batch they are on?
Everyone that has posted as been first batch from what I have seen
not true. theyre definitely in 5th or 6th.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Got a pre-december interview invite today!!!! WOW! I am soooo grateful, especially since I am a non-resident (NV resident). I also did not think I would be getting any more pre-december interviews since it is already November, but that is obviously not the case, so there is still hope everyone!
Edit: I think I was 5th batch, if anyone is interested
Edit: I think I was 5th batch, if anyone is interested
Last edited:
Congrats!!Got a pre-december interview invite today!!!! WOW! I am soooo grateful, especially since I am a non-resident (NV resident). I also did not think I would be getting any more pre-december interviews since it is already November, but that is obviously not the case, so there is still hope everyone!
Edit: I think I was 5th or 6th batch, if anyone is interested
Has anyone checked out the interview-acceptance statistics for UCLA for the class entering F2013?
IS:
Applied: 947
Interviewed: 117
Accepted: 108
OOS:
Applied: 824
Interviewed: 15
Accepted: 12
It seems like if you manage to get an interview, you are accepted into the school. Is there any truth to this? It seems almost too good to be true.
IS:
Applied: 947
Interviewed: 117
Accepted: 108
OOS:
Applied: 824
Interviewed: 15
Accepted: 12
It seems like if you manage to get an interview, you are accepted into the school. Is there any truth to this? It seems almost too good to be true.
Congratulations Oceanangel4!!!!! 🙂
Do you recall when you turned in your secondary?
Do you recall when you turned in your secondary?
Has anyone checked out the interview-acceptance statistics for UCLA for the class entering F2013?
IS:
Applied: 947
Interviewed: 117
Accepted: 108
OOS:
Applied: 824
Interviewed: 15
Accepted: 12
It seems like if you manage to get an interview, you are accepted into the school. Is there any truth to this? It seems almost too good to be true.
Can you post the link where you got this from please? 😀
Oh ocean, how we envy you...Got a pre-december interview invite today!!!! WOW! I am soooo grateful, especially since I am a non-resident (NV resident). I also did not think I would be getting any more pre-december interviews since it is already November, but that is obviously not the case, so there is still hope everyone!
Edit: I think I was 5th or 6th batch, if anyone is interested
Congratulations!
Congratulations Oceanangel4!!!!! 🙂
Do you recall when you turned in your secondary?
Thank you so much!
I believe I turned in my secondary on July 12th. I hope that helps! Good luck!
A little confused. Did you mean August 12th?Thank you so much!
I believe I turned in my secondary on July 12th. I hope that helps! Good luck!
Nope, I am sure I sent it out on July 12th. I received the secondary on July 7th. My AADSAS application was actually not completed until July 25th, when my last rec letter was finally sent in.A little confused. Did you mean August 12th?
I submitted my AADSAS application at the end of June but it wasn't "mailed out" until 7/11 because of July 4th etc. That's why I thought I had no chance at UCLA since I hadn't heard from them in so long!
Has anyone checked out the interview-acceptance statistics for UCLA for the class entering F2013?
IS:
Applied: 947
Interviewed: 117
Accepted: 108
OOS:
Applied: 824
Interviewed: 15
Accepted: 12
It seems like if you manage to get an interview, you are accepted into the school. Is there any truth to this? It seems almost too good to be true.
I remember reading some comments on SDN Interview Feedback that said if we get an interview, we are pretty much in. However, those comments were from 2008/2009 so I am not sure how accurately they apply now. Looking at the numbers you posted, that seems to still hold true. Another thing I noticed on interview feedback was that we get measured for scrubs and white coats during the interview! That must mean that if we get an interview, we are extremely likely to get in right? Can someone who has already interviewed at UCLA verify this?
Got a pre-december interview invite today!!!! WOW! I am soooo grateful, especially since I am a non-resident (NV resident). I also did not think I would be getting any more pre-december interviews since it is already November, but that is obviously not the case, so there is still hope everyone!
Edit: I think I was 5th batch, if anyone is interested
what day is your interview?! and congrats!
what day is your interview?! and congrats!
Thanks! I'm interviewing on Nov 21. They only gave me 2 dates to choose from.
The quote is from the 2014 ADEA official guide to dental schools for students entering in Fall 2015. It is a book that came out this year that I read almost as religiously as the bibleCan you post the link where you got this from please? 😀
I too was told by a current dental student that he was measured for scrubs last year when he interviewed with UCLA. I don't see anything like that mentioned on the email from UCLA though. I heard they do try to make you feel good and sell their school to you.I remember reading some comments on SDN Interview Feedback that said if we get an interview, we are pretty much in. However, those comments were from 2008/2009 so I am not sure how accurately they apply now. Looking at the numbers you posted, that seems to still hold true. Another thing I noticed on interview feedback was that we get measured for scrubs and white coats during the interview! That must mean that if we get an interview, we are extremely likely to get in right? Can someone who has already interviewed at UCLA verify this?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
UCLA does "interview to accept". They are simply meeting with you to find out if you are someone that will fit in with the UCLA "atmosphere". At your interview you will be sized for gloves, white coats, scrubs, etc. If you are offered an interview at UCLA, there is a 90-95% chance you will be offered an acceptance. Act normal, smile, interact well with the other interviewees, and try to have a very calm and pleasant conversation with the two people interviewing you.
What I noticed most from my interview at UCLA is that they DO NOT try to impress you. They will take you on a short tour, interview you and offer you lunch with the opportunity to speak with current students. At no point do they "sell" the school to you. The UCLA interview process stuck out to me above all other schools because UCLA was confident that the school was the best out there.
UCLA offers tons of scholarships and grants, you are (more or less) guaranteed to get into any specialty you desire, they have a smaller class size to offer you a more tight-knit experience, the faculty teaching your classes are experts in their field, lecturers are from the dental school, med school, and school of public health, and their research faculty are world-famous. At no point was I told all of this in my interview, I just came to realize this as I attended.
Let me know if you have questions.
What I noticed most from my interview at UCLA is that they DO NOT try to impress you. They will take you on a short tour, interview you and offer you lunch with the opportunity to speak with current students. At no point do they "sell" the school to you. The UCLA interview process stuck out to me above all other schools because UCLA was confident that the school was the best out there.
UCLA offers tons of scholarships and grants, you are (more or less) guaranteed to get into any specialty you desire, they have a smaller class size to offer you a more tight-knit experience, the faculty teaching your classes are experts in their field, lecturers are from the dental school, med school, and school of public health, and their research faculty are world-famous. At no point was I told all of this in my interview, I just came to realize this as I attended.
Let me know if you have questions.
and the tuition is way cheaper for CA students.
UCLA does "interview to accept". They are simply meeting with you to find out if you are someone that will fit in with the UCLA "atmosphere". At your interview you will be sized for gloves, white coats, scrubs, etc. If you are offered an interview at UCLA, there is a 90-95% chance you will be offered an acceptance. Act normal, smile, interact well with the other interviewees, and try to have a very calm and pleasant conversation with the two people interviewing you.
What I noticed most from my interview at UCLA is that they DO NOT try to impress you. They will take you on a short tour, interview you and offer you lunch with the opportunity to speak with current students. At no point do they "sell" the school to you. The UCLA interview process stuck out to me above all other schools because UCLA was confident that the school was the best out there.
UCLA offers tons of scholarships and grants, you are (more or less) guaranteed to get into any specialty you desire, they have a smaller class size to offer you a more tight-knit experience, the faculty teaching your classes are experts in their field, lecturers are from the dental school, med school, and school of public health, and their research faculty are world-famous. At no point was I told all of this in my interview, I just came to realize this as I attended.
Let me know if you have questions.
As a member of the class of 2018, I obviously haven't started yet so I can't help too much with what school is like, but feel free to PM me with any questions about the application process for UCLA!
What were you stats? I'm worried mine aren't sting enough because I'm from a CSU too!
Anything from UCLA yet?
I just got the call around 10 minutes ago! 🙂
Congrats!! This is my dream school so I'm really hoping to get some good news too! What is the first letter of your last name? (Not sure if it matters but curious haha)I just got the call around 10 minutes ago! 🙂
Haha very random question but my last name starts with a b 🙂Congrats!! This is my dream school so I'm really hoping to get some good news too! What is the first letter of your last name? (Not sure if it matters but curious haha)
Just in case they call by alphabetical order (which it seems they do!)Haha very random question but my last name starts with a b 🙂
i hope u hear good news soon!!! 🙂Just in case they call by alphabetical order (which it seems they do!)
YESS JUST GOT THE CALL!!!!!!!!!! UCLA HERE I COME!!
YESS JUST GOT THE CALL!!!!!!!!!! UCLA HERE I COME!!
Hey can I ask what your last name starts with?
Last name D. I got the call around 12:14 CSTHey can I ask what your last name starts with?
Last name D. I got the call around 12:14 CST
Oh ok good to know. My last name starts with an S so hopefully I can still get one!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Any scholarship news?
Nope, I'm guessing that comes later or is in the package that will be mailed out.Any scholarship news?
Got the call this morning! 11:52am (PST)
Last name initial: L
Last name initial: L
Similar threads
- Replies
- 27
- Views
- 10K
- Replies
- 65
- Views
- 20K