You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
***The Official UCLA Class of 2019 Interview/Acceptance Thread***
Started by kingenamel
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I think the next deadline for deposits is coming up this Thursday so my guess would be the next acceptances will follow that. I hope that helps for the moment!Had an interview at UCLA about two weeks ago but haven't heard anything yet.. Should I be worried? 🙁 I was told that the admission office is waiting for people to put in their deposits
Do you know if that's the very last deposit date?I think the next deadline for deposits is coming up this Thursday so my guess would be the next acceptances will follow that. I hope that helps for the moment!
I was told that people are given only 15 days to make their deposits so I was hoping to hear from them soon
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Had an interview at UCLA about two weeks ago but haven't heard anything yet.. Should I be worried? 🙁 I was told that the admission office is waiting for people to put in their deposits
I interviewed around your time too, 2/20, and haven't heard back. Hopefully as byuB says, there will be some good news at the end of the week 🙂. Good luck to all!
Do you know if that's the very last deposit date?
I was told that people are given only 15 days to make their deposits so I was hoping to hear from them soon
I interviewed around your time too, 2/20, and haven't heard back. Hopefully as byuB says, there will be some good news at the end of the week 🙂. Good luck to all!
Plim90 & Cervelo,
Do you mind sharing your stats??
Any tips on housing or which ones are the closest guys?
Anywhere in Westwood is pretty convenient, UCLA also offers Graduate student housing options if you apply for it.
Thanks kingenamel. Which one is better? Weyburn or Hilgard?
Also anyone know if there is anything else we have to do after we submit the financial aid documentation/FAFSA/NeedAccess/housing?
Most people that will be in your class will be living at weyburn and there are a ton of study places and its pretty conveniently located next to groceries and supplies (also in-n-out)
Hilgard is on the opposite side of campus closer to the dental school. I dont know if anyone in my class lives there but the quality is similar.
Plim90 & Cervelo,
Do you mind sharing your stats??
Sorry this took so long..
3.7 gpa, 21 DAT avg, 23 DAT sci , nothing below 20
Re-applicant, In-state, best LORs everrr! 😉, hundreds of shadowing hours
Submitted AADSAS early August but totally forgot about the supp fee until 3 weeks later.
Interview invite email on 2/6 scheduled for 2/20 or 2/23.
I hope you don't get fixated on stats, everyone has their own strengths and weaknesses and the schools see that and pick out what they like for interviews. Then you just have to impress, wait, and cross your fingers. Good luck!
Does anyone know if they are still sending invites for interview?
Probz, just depends on if the recent people accept or not, you can interview as late as May in some cases
Anyone heard anything? Losing hope real quick......
Nope nothing for me as well. Anyone else?Anyone heard anything? Losing hope real quick......
Btw when was your interview?
Actually....I haven't gotten an interview. I should have made that more clear. My bad.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congrats and welcome!Got the invitation email 3/31, interviewed 4/13, and got the acceptance call 4/15!
Wow congrats!!! They are still interviewing!!! Maybe I have a chance (doubt it) hahaJust got my acceptance call today, will be seeing you all this Fall!! Sent a request to the FB page 🙂
Interview invitation email 4/22, interviewed 5/5, acceptance call 5/6
That's awesome! Happy Cinco de Mayo interview.Just got my acceptance call today, will be seeing you all this Fall!! Sent a request to the FB page 🙂
Interview invitation email 4/22, interviewed 5/5, acceptance call 5/6
@dds2b219 I think you may still have a chance, there were 8 of us who interviewed on the 5th and we were told that they were still waiting to hear back from those who were given offers, which they have to respond by next week. So depending on that, more people could potentially be interviewed.
@byuB Thank you! It was a fantastic May the Fourth (be with you) and Cinco de Mayo!!! I am very excited for the upcoming fall.
@byuB Thank you! It was a fantastic May the Fourth (be with you) and Cinco de Mayo!!! I am very excited for the upcoming fall.
Congrats that's awesome! I just emailed them like hey I'm still here!! Haha fingers crossed but at this point I've given up all hope@dds2b219 I think you may still have a chance, there were 8 of us who interviewed on the 5th and we were told that they were still waiting to hear back from those who were given offers, which they have to respond by next week. So depending on that, more people could potentially be interviewed.
@byuB Thank you! It was a fantastic May the Fourth (be with you) and Cinco de Mayo!!! I am very excited for the upcoming fall.
I didn't get any email... do you think that means something...?Got the email today that they finished interviewing last week and rejections will be sent out soon. Oh well, I was still holding on to hope!
He likely personally e-mailed them.I didn't get any email... do you think that means something...?
Yes it was a response to my personal emailHe likely personally e-mailed them.
does anyone know if it's possible for an accepted student to receive a scholarship later on? (if someone else who was offered a scholarship declined their spot) just curious about this!
that is likely how it works.does anyone know if it's possible for an accepted student to receive a scholarship later on? (if someone else who was offered a scholarship declined their spot) just curious about this!
not sure about ucla, but i know someone who received a scholarship at another school after someone else declined it.
does anyone know if it's possible for an accepted student to receive a scholarship later on? (if someone else who was offered a scholarship declined their spot) just curious about this!
Yes you can receive a scholarship after being accepted. My friend was accepted and got a scholarship months later
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anyone know how long the alternate list is?
I am not sure how long it is, but i was informed that sometimes one or two people might withdraw from the Class, suggesting only the top guy , or two on the list
might have a little chance. the rest are not getting in. that's how i perceived it.
As a member of the class of 2018, I obviously haven't started yet so I can't help too much with what school is like, but feel free to PM me with any questions about the application process for UCLA!
Did anyone who were accepted during your year major in anything business related?
Similar threads
- Replies
- 27
- Views
- 10K
- Replies
- 65
- Views
- 20K