-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
***The Official UCLA Class of 2019 Interview/Acceptance Thread***
Started by kingenamel
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Congrats!! wow noemi has been calling for hours, must be so tiring!Omg just got the call now!! Last name S!!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
does anyone know if ucla starts sending out invites for interviews during december or do they wait until the new year? i've heard back from other schools fortunately but still holding out for ucla
I received an interview invite mid-december last year to interview in january. so yes, they do send it out during december
thank you so much 🙂 that gives me some hope!I received an interview invite mid-december last year to interview in january. so yes, they do send it out during december
Nope, I'm guessing that comes later or is in the package that will be mailed out.
I think MOST people that get scholarships do in fact receive them with their acceptance packets but there are some exceptions to that......I was accepted on Dec 1st last year and actually didn't receive any scholarships in my official acceptance packet. I was however offered a pretty substantial scholarship out of the blue in about April ( most likely because someone who was offered a scholarship in december turned down their admission and went somewhere else and I was next in line to get it or something like that). Don't lose hope! UCLA does all they can to give students as much money as possible through scholarships and grants so there is a chance that you'll get at least SOME money at some point !
anyone have any advice on how to contact Noemi to see if I have a shot at an interview? or at least to check on my status? I don't really know how to go about it - email, phone call, etc? I go to UCLA for undergrad right now and it is my absolute dream school.
Same here. I would love to know!!anyone have any advice on how to contact Noemi to see if I have a shot at an interview? or at least to check on my status? I don't really know how to go about it - email, phone call, etc? I go to UCLA for undergrad right now and it is my absolute dream school.
For those of you who have been accepted into UCLA, what are your summer plans? I graduate in April and school doesn't start until the end of September. I don't know what I will do with all that time.
I also have nothing to do from January to September lol! I will probably move to LA and get settled around Feb, then maybe travel while I have the chance. 🙂
I wanted to go down to LA too, but it is kind of an expensive place to live. My savings account was depleted with all this dental school application stuff. Do you have a job lined up there?I also have nothing to do from January to September lol! I will probably move to LA and get settled around Feb, then maybe travel while I have the chance. 🙂
No I don't, but I am probably going to try find one. It's all tentative right now, no concrete plans yet! It's true, it might be expensive, but for me personally it is worth it because the apartment I am in now is very expensive...I wanted to go down to LA too, but it is kind of an expensive place to live. My savings account was depleted with all this dental school application stuff. Do you have a job lined up there?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I know it's a little late but I received an interview invite today!!!! Super excited!!!!!!!
Woo woot!!
Woo woot!!
if you don't mind my asking, what date did they have you schedule it?I know it's a little late but I received an interview invite today!!!! Super excited!!!!!!!
Woo woot!!
Congrats. May I ask when you have submitted your secondary application and you mail out date please?I know it's a little late but I received an interview invite today!!!! Super excited!!!!!!!
Woo woot!!
I'm sure everyone is dying to hear your stats and submission info, if you don't mind. 🙂I know it's a little late but I received an interview invite today!!!! Super excited!!!!!!!
Woo woot!!
Would you mind sharing your stats?Got an Interview invite yesterday!
May I ask what batch you were in?Got an Interview invite yesterday!
I submitted my application on August 1st, not sure what batch that wasMay I ask what batch you were in?
Thank youI submitted my application on August 1st, not sure what batch that was
i'm kind of wondering if i should continue waiting for ucla still...i submitted my app with the first batch but never heard back from them for a pre-december interview. i think i have pretty decent stats (3.9 cumulative gpa, 23/24/22/21/21/22 on the DAT) and pretty good experience (3 years in a lab, hundreds of hours of experience, 100+ hours of shadowing, etc.) but i can't help but feeling as though i'm missing something since ucsf rejected me and i haven't heard back from ucla.
i guess what i'm wondering is, if ucla is still going by batch, do they revisit previous batches? and have they outright rejected anyone or is everyone sort of just floating around waiting to hear back?
i guess what i'm wondering is, if ucla is still going by batch, do they revisit previous batches? and have they outright rejected anyone or is everyone sort of just floating around waiting to hear back?
Hello guys I apologize for my late response. Thank you AKK
School: UCLA
Notification date: 12/11/2014
Method of notification: Email
Interview Date: January 12
Residency: CA
AADSAS mail-out date: 07/04/2014
Supplemental Complete date: sometime around 8/8/2014
"Your file is complete" Email: 8/8/2014
GPA (science,BCP, overall): 3.41, 3.79, 3.54
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 24/28/22/18/none
Mgh58 when is your interview?
School: UCLA
Notification date: 12/11/2014
Method of notification: Email
Interview Date: January 12
Residency: CA
AADSAS mail-out date: 07/04/2014
Supplemental Complete date: sometime around 8/8/2014
"Your file is complete" Email: 8/8/2014
GPA (science,BCP, overall): 3.41, 3.79, 3.54
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 24/28/22/18/none
Mgh58 when is your interview?
Thank you for sharing your stats. I haven't received an interview yet.Hello guys I apologize for my late response. Thank you AKK
School: UCLA.
Notification date: 12/11/2014 .
Method of notification: Email.
Interview Date: January 12.
Residency: CA.
AADSAS mail-out date: 07/04/2014.
Supplemental Complete date: sometime around 8/8/2014 .
"Your file is complete" Email: 8/8/2014.
GPA (science,BCP, overall): 3.41, 3.79, 3.54.
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 24/28/22/18/none.
Mgh58 when is your interview?
Mgh58: I am sorry I confused your comment with Gar20's
Shoshoyi: I am not entirely sure, to be honest. I was getting worried because last month people were saying they were on 5th batch already. They might take both dates into consideration.
I hope they send you an invite soon!!! 🙂
Shoshoyi: I am not entirely sure, to be honest. I was getting worried because last month people were saying they were on 5th batch already. They might take both dates into consideration.
I hope they send you an invite soon!!! 🙂
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just got an interview invite via email. Having a hard time deciding if I should go or not since I'm pretty set on going to UOP.
JUST GOT INTERVIEW EMAIL!!!!!!!!!! Does anyone know if the interview date matters at this point? I was given 1/20, 1/26, and 2/2. I'm busy 1/20, but was wondering if I should cancel my plans and go for 1/20. I'm beyond grateful. Thought ucla had passed me over, but I guess they're giving me a chance after all 🙂)))))))) Hope everyone else hears same news soon!
If anyone wanted to know:
File complete date: 8/22
GPA: 3.9
AA/TS/PAT: 25/25/23
If anyone wanted to know:
File complete date: 8/22
GPA: 3.9
AA/TS/PAT: 25/25/23
Last edited:
I would go! More choices are always better in my mind. I was deadset on Columbia, until I got UoP. Then now I'm totally excited for UCLA. Never hurts to just check it out, unless you have a really compelling reason for Bruin hatin' :O Might be biased because I'm from L.A 😉Just got an interview invite via email. Having a hard time deciding if I should go or not since I'm pretty set on going to UOP.
JUST GOT INTERVIEW EMAIL!!!!!!!!!! Does anyone know if the interview date matters at this point? I was given 1/20, 1/26, and 2/2. I'm busy 1/20, but was wondering if I should cancel my plans and go for 1/20. I'm beyond grateful. Thought ucla had passed me over, but I guess they're giving me a chance after all 🙂)))))))) Hope everyone else hears same news soon!
If anyone wanted to know:
File complete date: 8/22
GPA: 3.9
AA/TS/PAT: 25/25/23
Just got an interview invite via email. Having a hard time deciding if I should go or not since I'm pretty set on going to UOP.
Congrats, you two! Do you guys mind sharing your application mail out date?
So ecstatic to hear from UCLA!!!! 😀
Here's the goodies that I know I always wanted to know from those who got invited:
School: UCLA
Notification date: 12/16/2014
Method of notification: Email
Interview Date: Jan. 20th
Residency: CA
AADSAS mail-out date: 08/01/2014 (7th batch)
Supplemental Complete date: 11/1/2014 (This is iffy cause I really finished this in mid-October, but I sent the right formatting around 11/1)
Plus I didn't send my check in until 11/1 cause I totally forgot...
"Your file is complete" Email: 11/20/14 (not sure if everyone gets these or if I only got this cause I kept bothering them about it...😳)
GPA (science, overall): 3.50, 3.66
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 23/23/21/22/None
So, it looks to me from all the other applicants' info and my own, they basically go by our batch number...just confirming what someone else had already said...
Here's the goodies that I know I always wanted to know from those who got invited:
School: UCLA
Notification date: 12/16/2014
Method of notification: Email
Interview Date: Jan. 20th
Residency: CA
AADSAS mail-out date: 08/01/2014 (7th batch)
Supplemental Complete date: 11/1/2014 (This is iffy cause I really finished this in mid-October, but I sent the right formatting around 11/1)
Plus I didn't send my check in until 11/1 cause I totally forgot...
"Your file is complete" Email: 11/20/14 (not sure if everyone gets these or if I only got this cause I kept bothering them about it...😳)
GPA (science, overall): 3.50, 3.66
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 23/23/21/22/None
So, it looks to me from all the other applicants' info and my own, they basically go by our batch number...just confirming what someone else had already said...
oh i forgot to post that!
School: UCLA
Notification date: 12/16/2014
Method of notification: Email
Interview Date: Jan. 20th
Residency: CA
AADSAS mail-out date: 06/27/2014
Supplemental Complete date: 07/01/2014
GPA (science, overall): 3.92, 3.92
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 22/23/21/21/None
i think at this point they're not going by batch as strictly as before since they sent me an interview
School: UCLA
Notification date: 12/16/2014
Method of notification: Email
Interview Date: Jan. 20th
Residency: CA
AADSAS mail-out date: 06/27/2014
Supplemental Complete date: 07/01/2014
GPA (science, overall): 3.92, 3.92
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 22/23/21/21/None
i think at this point they're not going by batch as strictly as before since they sent me an interview
oh i forgot to post that!
School: UCLA
Notification date: 12/16/2014
Method of notification: Email
Interview Date: Jan. 20th
Residency: CA
AADSAS mail-out date: 06/27/2014
Supplemental Complete date: 07/01/2014
GPA (science, overall): 3.92, 3.92
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 22/23/21/21/None
i think at this point they're not going by batch as strictly as before since they sent me an interview
Looks like I'll be seeing you on interview day 😉
JUST GOT INTERVIEW EMAIL!!!!!!!!!! Does anyone know if the interview date matters at this point? I was given 1/20, 1/26, and 2/2. I'm busy 1/20, but was wondering if I should cancel my plans and go for 1/20. I'm beyond grateful. Thought ucla had passed me over, but I guess they're giving me a chance after all 🙂)))))))) Hope everyone else hears same news soon!
If anyone wanted to know:
File complete date: 8/22
GPA: 3.9
AA/TS/PAT: 25/25/23
CONGRATSSSS im beyond jealous. i keep seeing you guys post about UCLA interviews and im sitting here with crickets chirping 🙁
see you there friend! 😀Looks like I'll be seeing you on interview day 😉
I am worried about the essay....For those who have interviewed, would you mind sharing some information about it? How long is it? Thanks!
I haven't gotten my ID number yet. Do you happen to know how they will provide them to us?Has anyone who has been accepted to UCLA get their ID number to sign up and make the deposit? I haven't heard anything back yet.
I am worried about the essay....For those who have interviewed, would you mind sharing some information about it? How long is it? Thanks!
Its easy, its a page from what I remember but its been a while since I interviewed
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thanks! How much time do they give us?Its easy, its a page from what I remember but its been a while since I interviewed
I think it was about 30 minutes.
Thank you!! Would you mind sharing the topic?I think it was about 30 minutes.
I'm pretty sure they change the topic every interview. Honestly, don't worry about it--you should have no trouble if you wrote your own ps and are a decent writer. I doubt people are comfortable sharing the topic since it isn't fair. Just relax and you'll do fine!Thank you!! Would you mind sharing the topic?
Thanks!I'm pretty sure they change the topic every interview. Honestly, don't worry about it--you should have no trouble if you wrote your own ps and are a decent writer. I doubt people are comfortable sharing the topic since it isn't fair. Just relax and you'll do fine!
Similar threads
- Replies
- 27
- Views
- 10K
- Replies
- 65
- Views
- 20K