***The Official UCLA Class of 2020 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

When did your status change on AADSAS? Congrats btw!

Thank you! It changed some time in October. I can't remember the exact date, probably around Oct 20. I only remember it took about 4 weeks after I emailed by supplemental.

Members don't see this ad.

See you there!! Anybody knows how much they care about the high school grades? They requested a copy of hight school transcript o_O
I wouldn't worry about it at all. Noemi really just wanted to look over the transcripts to make sure the pre-reqs were taken (or that they are in progress and will be completed before matriculation) and all degrees have been earned.

Absolutely nothing to stress over! There was no discussion over grades. Oh also it was done after the interview while we were waiting for the rest of the group to complete their interviews, taking, maybe, 2 minutes at most.

You've gotten the interview. Take a deep breath and try your best to relax and make it a fun experience. The chances of you getting in are extremely high.

All the faculty and staff were really, really friendly! There was definitely an emphasis on why dentistry, whether or not you'll be able to handle the stress, and making sure you're applying to dental school for the right reasons. Think through your responses on these topics and rock it!

Reactions: 1 user
I wouldn't worry about it at all. Noemi really just wanted to look over the transcripts to make sure the pre-reqs were taken (or that they are in progress and will be completed before matriculation) and all degrees have been earned.

Absolutely nothing to stress over! There was no discussion over grades. Oh also it was done after the interview while we were waiting for the rest of the group to complete their interviews, taking, maybe, 2 minutes at most.

You've gotten the interview. Take a deep breath and try your best to relax and make it a fun experience. The chances of you getting in are extremely high.

All the faculty and staff were really, really friendly! There was definitely an emphasis on why dentistry, whether or not you'll be able to handle the stress, and making sure you're applying to dental school for the right reasons. Think through your responses on these topics and rock it!

Thank you! I am super excited! It's going to be my first interview :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Should i give up? I submitted my secondary in august. Oos..
I was told yesterday that the class isn't close to full yet and that many more interviews will trickle in after the holidays. :xf: The only thing is I'm not sure what the status will be for OOS interviewees. My interview group had 5 people and all of them were IS.

When do UCLA students write part 1 of the boards? After first or second year?

Interview #3
School: UCLA
Notification date: 12/21
Method of notification: E-mail
Residency: CA
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/02/15
GPA (science, overall): 3.9, 3.9
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 23/23/20/21/none

Super excited for this one

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 users
Interview #3
Notification date: 12/21
Method of notification: E-mail
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/02/15
GPA (science, overall): 3.9, 3.9
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 23/22/20/21/none

Super excited for this one
Congrats! What were the interview date options?

Noemi just called! She said they liked my app so much that they would skip the interview process and immediately extend an acceptance offer as a Christmas gift! It was the best present ever!! Then I woke up.

Reactions: 7 users
Does anyone know if they are going to be sending out more interview invites?

Members don't see this ad :)
I've been waiting for the email all day and still nada :(
Noemi makes phone calls during the mornings! I got my call around 11 AM. Others in my interview group started hearing back earlier than that.

Noemi makes phone calls during the mornings! I got my call around 11 AM. Others in my interview group started hearing back earlier than that.
I guess I'm not gonna hear from them until next week. I was just deciding whether to go to an OOS interview or not but I guess I'm gonna buy plane tickets this weekend :nod:

Anyone received an interview recently?

99% sure I'm attending. I feel bad about turning down UoP, it is an amazing school, but I feel that UCLA is a better fit for me. Plus it is much closer to home! ;)
Congrats in your wise decision. Could you please share your stats and mail out date.

Congrats in your wise decision. Could you please share your stats and mail out date.
Haha, thank you! Sure, here it is:

Acceptance #2 :soexcited:
Notification date: 01/19
Method of notification: Phone
AADSAS mail-out date: 10/02/15
GPA (science, overall): 3.65, 3.76
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 23/22/23/24/none

My mail out date is first week of August.

Last edited:
My mail out date is first week of August and my DAT is 20, GPA 3.7. Also I'm 36! Do you guys think is it realistic to expect an interview from UCLA based on my low stats and my high age?
I appreciate your comments.
I don't think age will be much of an issue. I was surprised by the wide range of ages when I visited the campus - both in my interview group and among the dental students.

My only concern would be the DAT, but your GPA is great! They seem to follow the order in which secondaries were submitted. When was yours mailed out?

The good news is other people have mentioned there are plenty more seats in the class!

I don't think age will be much of an issue. I was surprised by the wide range of ages when I visited the campus - both in my interview group and among the dental students.

My only concern would be the DAT, but your GPA is great! They seem to follow the order in which secondaries were submitted. When was yours mailed out?

The good news is other people have mentioned there are plenty more seats in the class!
Thank you for your positive comments.

Last edited:
Congrats. Could you please share your stats and mail out date.

Invited: 12/11
Interview: 1/8
AADSAS mail-out date: 8/21/15
Emailed Supplemental: 9/20
GPA (science, overall): 3.71, 3.73
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 20/20/22/19/none

Anybody have any luck updating their application with the admissions office outside of the AADSAS AU and the secondary?

Anybody have any luck updating their application with the admissions office outside of the AADSAS AU and the secondary?

Yeah I'm too locked out of my AADSAS application. Email admissions and explain. They will typically accept unofficial transcripts. Ucla however, doesn't want anything until you get offered an interview. I'm waiting to hear back myself.

Got the call from Noemi yesterday! I'm in, too! Can't wait to meet all of you that got accepted! Best of luck to everyone still waiting to hear, sounded like there were still spots remaining when I was there.
Interview: 01/12
AADSAS mail-out date: 09/02/15
E-mailed Supplemental: 10/10/2015
GPA (science, overall): 3.97, 3.47
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 23/24/23/22/none

Reactions: 1 users
Hey guys. I was really hoping for an interview here. I know last year they were extending interview invites well after January. Do you think I still have hope for an interview?
GPA (Overall, Science): 3.75, 3.55
DAT (AA/TS/PAT) 22/22/20
AADSAS mail-out date: 09/11/2015
Supplemental: 10/02/15

Does anyone have any information about what we can expect for tuition hikes between 2016-2020?

Thanks in advance.

Anyone in this thread submit their secondary in either November or December? And if so, have you heard back?

To those who are accepted, do I just wait for the packet in the mail? Should I receive an email with instructions for deposit or no?

To those who are accepted, do I just wait for the packet in the mail? Should I receive an email with instructions for deposit or no?
The official acceptance letter will also include information about making the deposit. They detail where to go to make the payment and how to set up your student email.

It took about 1.5 weeks to come in the mail for me (location: LA).

It sucks that UCLA has no phone # to call and speak with someone, gurr. #HoldingOntoHope

To those who got interview invitations: Does UCLA send invites through email or over the phone? And did you receive it in the morning or evening? Thanks.