You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
***The Official UCSF Class of 2020 Interview/Acceptance Thread***
Started by predent7777
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Waitlisted will be declining
What number were you on the waitlist if you don't mind me asking?
I got wait listed really high, which is surprising considering how well my interview went (or at least how I thought). Does anyone know who we can email to ask what we can improve on our application?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Number "no chance in hell of getting in"What number were you on the waitlist if you don't mind me asking?
Same here.Number "no chance in hell of getting in"
It's greater than #100, let's put it that way...Same. I guess its better than rejection, what range are you guys in? im 15-20
I feel the same way and have the same questionI got wait listed really high, which is surprising considering how well my interview went (or at least how I thought). Does anyone know who we can email to ask what we can improve on our application?
Well on to the next one, still hoping we get invites at UCLAIt's greater than #100, let's put it that way...
I haven't received anything yet 🙁 the suspense is giving me a heart attack!
Waitlist #36, will be declining
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rejected-- interviewed 1/15. Good luck to all! 🙂
I'd rather get rejected than getting this 78 number on the waitlist lol. Gonna decline it.
ucsf waitlist movement tends to vary year to year, but for what it's worth the past two years they have moved 40+ spots.
Got waitlisted too...
Hope you are right, and it's the same trend this year!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
wait list 87... pretty much a rejection 
Got an upate email today as well. Originally #35-40, and now #25-30.. Do I still have a chance to get in?? 🙁
Got an upate email today as well. Originally #35-40, and now #25-30.. Do I still have a chance to get in?? 🙁
don't lose hope!
when I was at the interview, the dean told us that their waiting list moved up to #75 since the school starts in september
Anyone planning on withdrawing from UCSF? I can't wait till Apr. 1st. 🙁 I'm 25-30.
Last edited:
do we have second deposit due? or just $1000?
do we have second deposit due? or just $1000?
I believe it's just $1000, otherwise they would notify us.
I believe it's just $1000, otherwise they would notify us.
I think there is a second deposit due in April of $2000.. I think they mentioned this on interview day - does anyone else remember this?
Not accordig to my acceptance email. Check your provisional admit offerI think there is a second deposit due in April of $2000.. I think they mentioned this on interview day - does anyone else remember this?
moved from mid 70s to upper 50s in last update
When did u get your update? Next one is April 1st correct?moved from mid 70s to upper 50s in last update
at the same time as the first updat . just posting late lolWhen did u get your update? Next one is April 1st correct?
Haha oh gotcha! Thanks!at the same time as the first updat . just posting late lol
Moved 9 spots from March waitlist position update. #25-30 in March, #15-20 as of today.
Same! I'm 25-30 losing hope at this point
I'm really hoping for some movements! Where ru on the waitlist?Will there be any movements on waitlist this month? This waiting game is killing me 🙁
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Oh you should definitely be fine! Really good chance you might even hear back soon I bet! I'm really far hahaSame here! I'm 5-10 now!
No email either. I don't think they are gonna send us an update today.. 🙁
Ok thanks. Your user name is actually the story of all of our lives.No email either. I don't think they are gonna send us an update today.. 🙁
Moved up by only 5 spots.. Lol the movement in this year is way slower than previous years :/ time to write a new personal statement I guess..
After browsing a series of threads in previous years, I found out that a person with #high teen on May 2nd-ish got a call on June 20th in 2012 or something. Hopefully this happens in this year too haha
.
It is ideal to have our positions moved up by 8-9 spots monthly. You never know whether we were just out of luck for this month's update. However, it is reasonable to think that we might be moving up 3-5 spots from next update, since the traffic rule day, or April 15th, was past already.I think this year is really slow 🙁 In the previous years, people who started out in the 25-30 got accepted in April. I'm like still waiting when I'm 20-25..
For people like me who are EXTREMELY anxious about waitlist movement status, here is the gathered info from previous years' threads in SDN. (Please note that 20xx: year of class, #x: the original number that individual was given, (date): the acceptance date)
2019: #26 (4/27), #40+ (estimated by a member)
2018: #25-30 (4/28), #30-35 (5/18), #35 (5/21), #40+ (estimated by a member)
2017: #30 (#19 on March, #12 on April, #3 on May, first week of May)
2016: #42 (6/20)
2015: #48 (told by a member)
2014: #20 (word of mouth)
2012: #15 (word of mouth)
Let's just have our finger crossed for our "better" movement in next update! 🙂
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just got accepted!!!!!!!!😀
Congrats! What was your waitlist number or range in May 2nd update??
I was #2 in May update and #7 on April update 🙂 thank you!
Thank you for the info! 🙂
Only 3 spots moved up from last update.. 🙁 I thought there would be more than 3 spots movement, since our #2 guy on May 2nd update got in on May 10th. Very disappointing.
Yup. I am very disappointed. I dont know what to do expect from reapplying.Only 3 spots moved up from last update.. 🙁 I thought there would be more than 3 spots movement, since our #2 guy on May 2nd update got in on May 10th. Very disappointing.
Only 3 spots moved up from last update.. 🙁 I thought there would be more than 3 spots movement, since our #2 guy on May 2nd update got in on May 10th. Very disappointing.
I think that's because when I went to admit day they said only 3 spots were left for class of 2020.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 20
- Views
- 14K
- Replies
- 27
- Views
- 10K
- Replies
- 65
- Views
- 20K