***The Official UF Class of 2019 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Just got an interview invite! September 3rd! :banana:

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Hi to those with interviews coming up,

I interviewed 2 years ago and here's a few things that stood out in my interview that I remember: after I answered a question, they asked me "why". They asked me why dentistry at least two times in different ways. The questions kept coming without pause.

Questions I remember:
what stood out to you during your shadowing, what were you most proud of in undergrad, why not medicine, what was this award for, how do you deal with stress

After, I thought because they were asking me Why a lot and kept asking why dentistry that my answers weren't good enough, but I got in on the first round of acceptances, so I guess they were.

Stay positive and answer thoroughly

Good luck

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Interview done! They seemed really friendly and the interview wasn't that bad as everybody says. Everybody that interviewed yesterday in the morning apparently did well. I'm glad to be done! :hardy:

Last edited:
Hi guys!
When did you complete your application? those are early interviews!
Once you completed the application how long did they take to send you the supplemental request?
Good luck to everyone!

Hi guys!
When did you complete your application? those are early interviews!
Once you completed the application how long did they take to send you the supplemental request?
Good luck to everyone!
I submitted 06/24 , the app was mailed to the schools on 07/07 and I received the secondary and the interview invite on 07/14.

Yeah, I agree...relaxed compared to stories I've heard in years past.
I have to agree on that. I was expecting a stressful interview, but I relaxed as soon as It started.

Last edited:
My interview is in two weeks! I submitted my adsaas app the first week it was open.
Mind telling us how it went? What questions did they ask and the style of interview? I think we are all dying to know!

I submitted my application on July 22nd. And haven't heard anything. Should I be worried? My GPA is 3.5, Florida Resident, AA 19.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah, I submitted 7/18 and still nothing... Kinda getting nervous now...

Last edited:
Just got an interview invite in my email this morning for September 16!

Reactions: 2 users
Received supplemental request last night. What's the likelihood of receiving an interview invite after being asked to complete the supplemental?

Received supplemental request last night. What's the likelihood of receiving an interview invite after being asked to complete the supplemental?

I'd say pretty good! I have yet to hear anything from UF still =/

Anyone who already interviewed here wanna give feedback? Not on specific things they asked but on the overall experience? I've heard they can be brutal. :s

Anyone who already interviewed here wanna give feedback? Not on specific things they asked but on the overall experience? I've heard they can be brutal. :s
I thought it was pretty tough, but I don't believe everyone has that same experience (a few people on my interview day said it was great). Just be prepared to defend any weaknesses on your application. Good luck!

I believe they are really kind but they just try to be formal since it is interview and it has to be some kind of tough.

Does UF send the supplemental to everyone? Or just some applicants?

Received a supplement last week, completed it immediately and submitted. A few days later I received notification that they had received the supplement and that it's under review. No word on an interview.

Received a supplement last week, completed it immediately and submitted. A few days later I received notification that they had received the supplement and that it's under review. No word on an interview.
Same, but it's been two weeks since I submitted the supplemental.

Just got a UF supp and invite!!

However, I'm going to be I'm Cleveland for a CWRU interview the day they scheduled me... I know I'm gonna sound like a stereotypical hyper-paranoid SDN user, but it's okay to call them and try to reschedule, right?

Reactions: 1 users

However, I'm going to be I'm Cleveland for a CWRU interview the day they scheduled me... I know I'm gonna sound like a stereotypical hyper-paranoid SDN user, but it's okay to call them and try to reschedule, right?

Yeah it's no problem. I rescheduled because I was going to be out of the country when they originally scheduled me.

Congrats bro....I know your heart is at UF! Good luck & Go Gators!

Got an interview invite for Oct. 7th!! So excited!!!

So I was informed that UF only sends its supplemental to select applicants and not all applicants like some schools. Can anyone confirm or deny this? Because I just received an invite to complete a supplemental and I was definitely expecting to be rejected. Also I am a Florida resident if that might mean anything! Any insight on this would be greatly appreciated.

So I was informed that UF only sends its supplemental to select applicants and not all applicants like some schools. Can anyone confirm or deny this? Because I just received an invite to complete a supplemental and I was definitely expecting to be rejected. Also I am a Florida resident if that might mean anything! Any insight on this would be greatly appreciated.
They only send the supplemental to select applicants, so thats good news for you!

The waiting game is torture! Even if we get to the next steps of supplement or interviews, then we still have to wait until December or later for decisions! Guess that's the way it goes though.

Thank you for the response! And wow this is surprising to me. Definitely gonna get that supplemental done ASAP and cross my fingers for an interview lol
They only send the supplemental to select applicants, so thats good news for you!

I received my supplemental on 8/21 and received an interview invite on 9/17. It took almost a month so hang in there!

I got the 2nd to last interview on Sept 9 (4 o'clock). I thought my interview went well for the most part (general questions like why dentistry, manual dexterity/psychomotor skills, ethical questions, etc.) . They did ask some tough questions that surprised me (made me sweat my pants even) but I guess I'll find out how I did in December lol

Does anyone know if UF takes online Intro to Psychology (for their required 3 credit hour psych coursework) ? They did not mention anything about it during my interview...

late (the hundredth batch) applicant here. UF received my application Oct 1st and supplemental Oct 7th. I have already lost patience...

Last edited:
Had my interview three days ago ! It was my first interview so I was a little nervous, but it wasn't bad. I was the last one of the day, so that made me even more nervous. Typical questions, as expected.

Had my interview three days ago ! It was my first interview so I was a little nervous, but it wasn't bad. I was the last one of the day, so that made me even more nervous. Typical questions, as expected.
you were at my interview! lol but yeah, it was also my first interview. I didn't really get questions out of the ordinary, just stuff on the application. The only advice I have is to seriously know your application, inside and out. They can bring up some weaknesses they see in your application.

I had my interview at UF In September. It was also my first interview so I did not know what to expect. Reading how many others interviews went was intimidating, but I thought the staff at UF was very comforting and informing upon arrival. They made the interview day as stress free as possible and of course the school and its students were wonderful!

I got an interview!!! November 12th!!! I know I'm not the only one but UF is my #1 school!! If I had the grades out of high school I would have gone but all is well if I end up there :)

I got an interview!!! November 12th!!! I know I'm not the only one but UF is my #1 school!! If I had the grades out of high school I would have gone but all is well if I end up there :)
Hey! We have interviews at three of the same schools!! Congrats!