You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
***The Official UF Class of 2019 Interview/Acceptance Thread***
Started by yandillo
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
For everyone wondering about questions asked on the UF interview, go here http://schools.studentdoctor.net/school/uf/survey/26
Hi to those with interviews coming up,
I interviewed 2 years ago and here's a few things that stood out in my interview that I remember: after I answered a question, they asked me "why". They asked me why dentistry at least two times in different ways. The questions kept coming without pause.
Questions I remember:
what stood out to you during your shadowing, what were you most proud of in undergrad, why not medicine, what was this award for, how do you deal with stress
After, I thought because they were asking me Why a lot and kept asking why dentistry that my answers weren't good enough, but I got in on the first round of acceptances, so I guess they were.
Stay positive and answer thoroughly
Good luck
I interviewed 2 years ago and here's a few things that stood out in my interview that I remember: after I answered a question, they asked me "why". They asked me why dentistry at least two times in different ways. The questions kept coming without pause.
Questions I remember:
what stood out to you during your shadowing, what were you most proud of in undergrad, why not medicine, what was this award for, how do you deal with stress
After, I thought because they were asking me Why a lot and kept asking why dentistry that my answers weren't good enough, but I got in on the first round of acceptances, so I guess they were.
Stay positive and answer thoroughly
Good luck
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi guys!
When did you complete your application? those are early interviews!
Once you completed the application how long did they take to send you the supplemental request?
Good luck to everyone!
When did you complete your application? those are early interviews!
Once you completed the application how long did they take to send you the supplemental request?
Good luck to everyone!
I submitted 06/24 , the app was mailed to the schools on 07/07 and I received the secondary and the interview invite on 07/14.Hi guys!
When did you complete your application? those are early interviews!
Once you completed the application how long did they take to send you the supplemental request?
Good luck to everyone!
Hey there! I interviewed the same day...did you enjoy it?Received my interview invite on wednesday! I AM SO EXCITED! its on July 23rd
I had mine the same day! It was great, way more relaxed than I expected!Hey there! I interviewed the same day...did you enjoy it?
Yeah, I agree...relaxed compared to stories I've heard in years past.I had mine the same day! It was great, way more relaxed than I expected!
I have to agree on that. I was expecting a stressful interview, but I relaxed as soon as It started.Yeah, I agree...relaxed compared to stories I've heard in years past.
Last edited:
Mind telling us how it went? What questions did they ask and the style of interview? I think we are all dying to know!My interview is in two weeks! I submitted my adsaas app the first week it was open.
I submitted my application on July 22nd. And haven't heard anything. Should I be worried? My GPA is 3.5, Florida Resident, AA 19.
I submitted my application on July 22nd. And haven't heard anything. Should I be worried? My GPA is 3.5, Florida Resident, AA 19.
I have the same DAT as you. I haven't heard anything either =/
Yeah, I submitted 7/18 and still nothing... Kinda getting nervous now...
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congrats! I also received an interview invitation from Florida this morning for September 16.Just got an interview invite in my email this morning for September 16!
Congrats! I also received an interview invitation from Florida this morning for September 16.
Congrats also to you! I will see you there!
Thanks! Looking forward to meeting you in Gainesville, and best of luck with the rest of your applications!Congrats also to you! I will see you there!
Received supplemental request last night. What's the likelihood of receiving an interview invite after being asked to complete the supplemental?
Received supplemental request last night. What's the likelihood of receiving an interview invite after being asked to complete the supplemental?
I'd say pretty good! I have yet to hear anything from UF still =/
Anyone who already interviewed here wanna give feedback? Not on specific things they asked but on the overall experience? I've heard they can be brutal. :s
I thought it was pretty tough, but I don't believe everyone has that same experience (a few people on my interview day said it was great). Just be prepared to defend any weaknesses on your application. Good luck!Anyone who already interviewed here wanna give feedback? Not on specific things they asked but on the overall experience? I've heard they can be brutal. :s
Does UF send the supplemental to everyone? Or just some applicants?
only some applicants
Received a supplement last week, completed it immediately and submitted. A few days later I received notification that they had received the supplement and that it's under review. No word on an interview.
Same, but it's been two weeks since I submitted the supplemental.Received a supplement last week, completed it immediately and submitted. A few days later I received notification that they had received the supplement and that it's under review. No word on an interview.
Just got a UF supp and invite!!
However, I'm going to be I'm Cleveland for a CWRU interview the day they scheduled me... I know I'm gonna sound like a stereotypical hyper-paranoid SDN user, but it's okay to call them and try to reschedule, right?
However, I'm going to be I'm Cleveland for a CWRU interview the day they scheduled me... I know I'm gonna sound like a stereotypical hyper-paranoid SDN user, but it's okay to call them and try to reschedule, right?
Just got a UF supp and invite!!
However, I'm going to be I'm Cleveland for a CWRU interview the day they scheduled me... I know I'm gonna sound like a stereotypical hyper-paranoid SDN user, but it's okay to call them and try to reschedule, right?
Yeah it's no problem. I rescheduled because I was going to be out of the country when they originally scheduled me.
Congrats bro....I know your heart is at UF! Good luck & Go Gators!Just got a UF supp and invite!!
However, I'm going to be I'm Cleveland for a CWRU interview the day they scheduled me... I know I'm gonna sound like a stereotypical hyper-paranoid SDN user, but it's okay to call them and try to reschedule, right?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yeah it's no problem. I rescheduled because I was going to be out of the country when they originally scheduled me.
I called and rescheduled for November 12th!
And thanks @cubaton!
Congrats!Got an interview invite for Oct. 7th!! So excited!!!
Got an interview for Oct. 15th!
Thanks!!Congrats!
So I was informed that UF only sends its supplemental to select applicants and not all applicants like some schools. Can anyone confirm or deny this? Because I just received an invite to complete a supplemental and I was definitely expecting to be rejected. Also I am a Florida resident if that might mean anything! Any insight on this would be greatly appreciated.
They only send the supplemental to select applicants, so thats good news for you!So I was informed that UF only sends its supplemental to select applicants and not all applicants like some schools. Can anyone confirm or deny this? Because I just received an invite to complete a supplemental and I was definitely expecting to be rejected. Also I am a Florida resident if that might mean anything! Any insight on this would be greatly appreciated.
Haven't heard word since I submitted supplemental on Labor Day.They only send the supplemental to select applicants, so thats good news for you!
The waiting game is torture! Even if we get to the next steps of supplement or interviews, then we still have to wait until December or later for decisions! Guess that's the way it goes though.
Thank you for the response! And wow this is surprising to me. Definitely gonna get that supplemental done ASAP and cross my fingers for an interview lol
They only send the supplemental to select applicants, so thats good news for you!
I got the 2nd to last interview on Sept 9 (4 o'clock). I thought my interview went well for the most part (general questions like why dentistry, manual dexterity/psychomotor skills, ethical questions, etc.) . They did ask some tough questions that surprised me (made me sweat my pants even) but I guess I'll find out how I did in December lol
Does anyone know if UF takes online Intro to Psychology (for their required 3 credit hour psych coursework) ? They did not mention anything about it during my interview...
Had my interview three days ago ! It was my first interview so I was a little nervous, but it wasn't bad. I was the last one of the day, so that made me even more nervous. Typical questions, as expected.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
you were at my interview! lol but yeah, it was also my first interview. I didn't really get questions out of the ordinary, just stuff on the application. The only advice I have is to seriously know your application, inside and out. They can bring up some weaknesses they see in your application.Had my interview three days ago ! It was my first interview so I was a little nervous, but it wasn't bad. I was the last one of the day, so that made me even more nervous. Typical questions, as expected.
I had my interview at UF In September. It was also my first interview so I did not know what to expect. Reading how many others interviews went was intimidating, but I thought the staff at UF was very comforting and informing upon arrival. They made the interview day as stress free as possible and of course the school and its students were wonderful!
Hey! We have interviews at three of the same schools!! Congrats!I got an interview!!! November 12th!!! I know I'm not the only one but UF is my #1 school!! If I had the grades out of high school I would have gone but all is well if I end up there 🙂
Haha, for realz!?! Do you by chance also have a interview at Midwesterner? That would be crazy!Hey! We have interviews at three of the same schools!! Congrats!
Similar threads
- Replies
- 27
- Views
- 10K
- Replies
- 9
- Views
- 9K
- Replies
- 65
- Views
- 20K

