***The Official UNC Class of 2023 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is the banquet the night before a formal dress type thing or is it business casual? Or what?

Members don't see this ad.

I think in one of the emails it said that it was informal and informal attire.
Confirmed. It says "We would like to invite you to an informal reception (this includes informal dress attire as well) at the Dental School in the Atrium of the Koury Oral Health Sciences Bldg. on Friday, September 7, 2018, from 6:30 PM until 8:00 PM."

Members don't see this ad :)
I changed around my flights. Flying to NC on the 7th, interviewing on the 8th then flying out that night to SF.
Dang man lots of travel lol. Do you know if the social is a drop-in format? I’ve got my MUSC interview on the 7th from 8:30am-3:00pm with possibility of leaving a little early. I might be able to catch the tail end of it if you can come and go, but idk the format...

Does UNC require official DAT scores vs unofficial? My official scores were uploaded to ADA yesterday, not on AADSAS yet, although I sent Carolyn Oakes my unofficial score report. I got a 25 AA on the DAT and a 3.98 GPA so really, really hoping for an interview (I'm also instate), but haven't heard from them yet.

Does UNC require official DAT scores vs unofficial? My official scores were uploaded to ADA yesterday, not on AADSAS yet, although I sent Carolyn Oakes my unofficial score report. I got a 25 AA on the DAT and a 3.98 GPA so really, really hoping for an interview (I'm also instate), but haven't heard from them yet.
As an instate, you will have no problem getting accepted. I looked at the stats and while only 20% of total applications come from in state applicants, they represent 80%+ of the class... you have nothing to worry about. It's us OOS that have to sweat it... lol

Reactions: 1 user
Just received an interview invite on Wednesday for 9/8! I'm OOS, submitted my AADSAS application on 7/9 and my secondary app on 7/29. 3.99 GPA and 25AA DAT. Super stoked!!

Does anyone have any idea how they're doing interview invites this year? It seems like last year all OOS applicants got their interview invites on the same date and then the in-state applicants received their invites a month later. But I know that this year it's a little different because it looks like IS and OOS all received invites on the same day.

I'm just trying to see if as an OOS applicant I should hold out hope that I may still get an interview invite. If anyone goes to UNC and can answer my question or somehow knows how their admissions process is working this year and can give me any insight that would be great.

In the past, most in-state students have indeed interviewed after September. I was invited for an interview last year (invite came on August 16th) for their September interview date and it seemed like more than half were out-of-state students. There were still quite a few number of NC residents there though.

Does anyone have any idea how they're doing interview invites this year? It seems like last year all OOS applicants got their interview invites on the same date and then the in-state applicants received their invites a month later. But I know that this year it's a little different because it looks like IS and OOS all received invites on the same day.

I'm just trying to see if as an OOS applicant I should hold out hope that I may still get an interview invite. If anyone goes to UNC and can answer my question or somehow knows how their admissions process is working this year and can give me any insight that would be great.

Based off of what Star-Lord said, I’d say that UNC is still following what they’ve done in the past.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi everybody! This is a week late, but I got my invitation 8/15 for 9/8 - excited :) Also, does anyone know how easy it is to get residency in NC after the first year? I live in VA.

Hi everybody! This is a week late, but I got my invitation 8/15 for 9/8 - excited :) Also, does anyone know how easy it is to get residency in NC after the first year? I live in VA.
I'm an NC resident but I've heard from other threads that UNC really tries to get students in-state residency after the first year.

I interviewed in November and we had some OOS. From what I understand (and I could be wrong), I think September is when they interview the bulk of the OOSers but not all

Are there any dental students at UNC that can shine some light into how the clinic works? Do you have to schedule your own patients or does the school help with that?

Hey guys I was wondering if anyone can help me with this. on the supplemental app theres a section for prerequisites, Im kinda confused because didn't we have to do that on the AADSAS section for the school? So I have to re-write all the course just as I did on AADSAS? Any help will be appreciate!

Hey guys I was wondering if anyone can help me with this. on the supplemental app theres a section for prerequisites, Im kinda confused because didn't we have to do that on the AADSAS section for the school? So I have to re-write all the course just as I did on AADSAS? Any help will be appreciate!
You have to rewrite all the stuff yeah

Are there any dental students at UNC that can shine some light into how the clinic works? Do you have to schedule your own patients or does the school help with that?

The school schedules most patients for students initially. There’s a pretty in depth system of referrals through patient care coordinators etc. When a patient is finally set up with a dental student for care then the student may do more of their own scheduling based on the patients treatment plan and needs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The school schedules most patients for students initially. There’s a pretty in depth system of referrals through patient care coordinators etc. When a patient is finally set up with a dental student for care then the student may do more of their own scheduling based on the patients treatment plan and needs.

Thank you so much! :)

Hey everyone, does anyone know if we can bring a guest to the social the day before the interview?

anyone know if they started inviting people for the October interview?

For those of you that interviewed yesterday, how did it go?

Imagine being surrounded by the most competitive pool of dental school applicants you'll ever meet, then imagine that you're being guided around by the best dental students around, then imagine that your acceptance largely depends on how you perform on your interview, with one misspoken word being the difference between acceptance and utter crushing of dreams... that's about how it went. XD

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
Imagine being surrounded by the most competitive pool of dental school applicants you'll ever meet, then imagine that you're being guided around by the best dental students around, then imagine that your acceptance largely depends on how you perform on your interview, with one misspoken word being the difference between acceptance and utter crushing of dreams... that's about how it went. XD

Same ☠️

Reactions: 1 users

Hahaha don’t think of it like that!! Were there top caliber applicants there? Yes. Were some people being interviewed by doctors who wrote textbooks? Yes. But I think at the end of the day they still have to accept some of us, and if you left an impression that you’re personable, then I think you’re good.

Reactions: 2 users
I interviewed at UNC yesterday, really loved it! Both of my faculty interviewers (one adjunct, one practicing) really wanted to just know me personally and more about my application, none of them asked any difficult questions - don't expect it to be completely conversational though. The student interviewer for me was completely conversational and was very fun! This is just my experience, I've heard different things from everyone who I met yesterday. Like AN4TOMY said, just be yourself.

Reactions: 3 users
Invited for interview today. Of course its the day that I have another interview scheduled (one that I rescheduled because I was in this exact same situation / 2 interviews the same day). The emails states, "**Please note that all our interviews are on Saturday’s and if you are unable to attend your file will go back in the complete status and you may or may not get pulled for another interview. If you decline an interview your file will also be decline and will not get reviewed again this cycle."

Has anyone asked to reschedule? I have also heard that C. Oakes does not reply to emails or phone calls..... so I am concerned that I may not get a reply if I leave a message about this. If my files goes "back in the complete status," any chance of getting an interview in Nov???

Just got an interview! Second one!!! Ahhh my heart is soaring!

Got an interview! 25 AA, 3.98 GPA, computer science major, instate for reference.

Invited for interview today. Of course its the day that I have another interview scheduled (one that I rescheduled because I was in this exact same situation / 2 interviews the same day). The emails states, "**Please note that all our interviews are on Saturday’s and if you are unable to attend your file will go back in the complete status and you may or may not get pulled for another interview. If you decline an interview your file will also be decline and will not get reviewed again this cycle."

Has anyone asked to reschedule? I have also heard that C. Oakes does not reply to emails or phone calls..... so I am concerned that I may not get a reply if I leave a message about this. If my files goes "back in the complete status," any chance of getting an interview in Nov???

She eventually responded to one of my emails asking for details about transcript entry/classes taken, but none of my phone calls were answered.

It’s anyones guess if you’ll get invited again. If UNC is among your top picks, I wouldn’t risk it.

If anyone is looking for some place to stay for a UNC interview let me know! I have a second bedroom in my apartment that is available. I know interviews and traveling can be expensive! I’m also applying this cycle.

So do all invites go out the same day for that particular interview day?

If anyone is looking for some place to stay for a UNC interview let me know! I have a second bedroom in my apartment that is available. I know interviews and traveling can be expensive! I’m also applying this cycle.
Hey,

I am interview on October 6th. I am coming from PA. Anyway you can accommodate me?

If there are 3 pre-Dec interview dates, do you think it matters (for your chances of admission) whether you interview in Oct or Nov?

If there are 3 pre-Dec interview dates, do you think it matters (for your chances of admission) whether you interview in Oct or Nov?

It does not matter for your chances. UNC will likely not do any post December interviews.

Did anyone's status change from "invited to interview" to "app recieved/complete"? (I interviewed on 9/8)

Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.