***The Official UNC Class of 2023 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks everyone! Definitely reassuring to hear.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I was wondering if any current students could comment on class camaraderie/social life? I interviewed this past Saturday, and my student interviewer seemed to suggest that students weren't really friends due to the high level of competition. Just wanted to see if this was a common experience. Thank you!

My predental mentor told me that one of the top reasons he chose UNC over his other 9 acceptances was because of the student atmosphere and how friendly everyone was. He said they have a group message within his class and that they are all very helpful.

Reactions: 2 users
I also agree with the above - current D1 at UNC and I absolutely love my class!! Family feel forsure

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I was wondering if any current students could comment on class camaraderie/social life? I interviewed this past Saturday, and my student interviewer seemed to suggest that students weren't really friends due to the high level of competition. Just wanted to see if this was a common experience. Thank you!
I have a friend that goes there. I’ve gotten the same impression based on things she’s told me.

I have a friend that goes there. I’ve gotten the same impression based on things she’s told me.
But, not everyone is like that. I hear that’s an issue at some schools

Does UNC offer scholarship at all to either IS or OOS students?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

At my interview, they said they offer a select few merit scholarships. They said avg was 14k for in-state and around double that for OOS. You're notified of these scholarships when you receive your acceptance I believe!

Is a gym membership paid for with UNC’s tuition? If so, how close is it to the d school?

Is a gym membership paid for with UNC’s tuition? If so, how close is it to the d school?

It is. There are 2 gyms. One is about a 10-15 min walk from the dental school.

Do you think one slightly less-than-ideal interview will kill your acceptance chances, if everything else if great?

25 AA DAT, 3.98 GPA, in-state. First interview wasn't as great as I was hoping, I was hit with some pretty unexpected questions and didn't give amazing answers. The second two went wonderfully though, imo.

Only reason I ask is I saw that the average interview score for the past several years was a perfect 9/9, so this has been stressing me out.

Do you think one slightly less-than-ideal interview will kill your acceptance chances, if everything else if great?

25 AA DAT, 3.98 GPA, in-state. First interview wasn't as great as I was hoping, I was hit with some pretty unexpected questions and didn't give amazing answers. The second two went wonderfully though, imo.

Only reason I ask is I saw that the average interview score for the past several years was a perfect 9/9, so this has been stressing me out.

Honestly, the (unhelpful) truth is that none of us really know. Your stats are obviously incredible and it's a huge advantage that you're in state. While stats certainly don't go out the window after the interview stage, they do value how well they think you'll fit with the school and interact with patients.

If it's any consolation, I think the average last year for in-state was an 8.9, so definitely some individuals who may not have a perfect 9. In 2 weeks, we'll know for sure so try not to dwell on your responses. Don't be too hard on yourself!

Have any in state students interviewed at UNC but did not receive one for ECU?

Yes, they do offer some merit scholarships to incoming students (both IS and OOS). Some of those can actually be larger than what someone noted above. Along with that, there is a scholarship application for many other scholarship opportunities through the NCDF. I know a handful of students that were able to get those as well after school started (They are based on everything from merit to need). The later scholarships tend to be smaller.

Members don't see this ad :)

Even if you think the interview went horribly, you never really know. I would just wait with anticipation for Dec. 1st. There isn't really anything else that you can do at this point, so just hope for the best.

One more week!!! Good luck everyone :)

Does UNC send all acceptances on 12/3?

What's everyones AADSAS status say for UNC? Mine still says Received/Application Complete. Anyone different? Some schools do a "check back December 3rd" thing under status but I haven't heard of UNC doing that.

What's everyones AADSAS status say for UNC? Mine still says Received/Application Complete. Anyone different? Some schools do a "check back December 3rd" thing under status but I haven't heard of UNC doing that.
Received/App Complete

Received/App Complete

Received/Application Conplete as well

Hello everyone! I bet you are all nervous and excited about tomorrow, waiting to hear from UNC for the first round of acceptances. Good luck to you all and congratulations in advance to everyone who receives a phone call!! I am a current dental student in the UNC Class of 2022 and a member of our class executive board. We have put together a Facebook page for accepted students in the Class of 2023. If you receive an acceptance and choose to attend UNC, you should definitely request to join the Facebook group to start meeting your future classmates and stay up-to-date on all things UNC. Once you find out your acceptance status you can DM for more info. (Though I may not respond right away, we are in the midst of finals week). Good luck again, and we look forward to meeting the Class of 2023!!

Reactions: 5 users
Just got a call 3 minutes ago, accepted.

Reactions: 4 users
Got the call about 30 mins ago and will be attending!!! My excitement is beyond words right now! Best of luck to those still waiting to hear.

Edit: For those wondering, I am OOS, interviewed in September. Prefer not to share stats publicly.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
Accepted, OOS 9:00am EST
Stoked!
Confirmed that all class members will be contacted TODAY.

Reactions: 3 users
Accepted IS. Just got the phone call from one of my interviewers

Reactions: 3 users
congrats!!!!
what was your aadsas status btw? (if you dont mind me asking)
Thanks! After interviewing it changed to "Received/Application Complete" and has remained that way.

Accepted! Received a phone call around 8:00 AM EST.

In-state. My status on AADSAS has changed to "Offer Made."

Reactions: 2 users
Do you know if they are still making calls?

Have those of you who have been called also gotten an email? Or are they only calling people until they've called all the people they're going to let in this year?

staying hopeful!
They do :) stay hopeful, class of 2023!! I got waitlisted last year and didn’t get in til much later, so I know how awful the wait is. But everything will work out (hated when people said that to me last year, but its true ). Hoping you all hear back today (still loads of time left!), and sending lots of well wishes and positive vibes!!!

Have those of you who have been called also gotten an email? Or are they only calling people until they've called all the people they're going to let in this year?

Did not get an email, but my AADSAS changed to "Offer Made"

Are they still calling? My friends and I still haven't heard peeps.

Did anyone accepted get a scholarship...???

Would also be interested to know this!

My interviewer (edited to add - he's the one who made my acceptance call) said this information would be in our acceptance packet or to contact Dr. Pettiette, but I know in the past they offered them during calls.
Who was your interviewer? Wondering if mine have already called people and I'll just have to wait.

Status
Not open for further replies.