***The Official UNE Class of 2021 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Stats: 3.2 oGPA, 3.1 sGPA, 21 AA 21 TS 21 PAT

I know that my stats are definitely not competitive so I was pleasantly surprised to get an interview. I think what helped me in my case was that I have a lot of volunteer/leadership experience and I made sure to be thorough with my answers to the supplemental questions.

When did they receive your app and your secondary app? Congrats btw!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I understand your frustration and certainly hope that you'll get an invite soon. However, it must be noted that schools don't automatically send out invites to applicants who are above a GPA/DAT cut-off. My GPA is similar to yours, I have a 24AA and my secondary was sent the 1st week of July. I got many invites from schools that are much more competitive, but nothing from UNE. About a month ago I emailed them and got a response saying that my app is "under continued review" and that "if the status of your application changes you will hear from us through email." I have no idea what kind of formula they use in their decision-making process, but for sure number is not everything. Don't lose hope though. Again, as you already know your stats are decent and I am sure you will get in somewhere at the end. Good luck! :)

I agree completely. A lot goes into admissions and it's important to look at it from a different perspective.
It's better to think that getting no response/rejection doesn't mean that you're not good enough, it just means that the school decided you wouldn't be a good fit for them (and the school isn't a good fit for you as well!)

I think it really doesn't matter too much which school you go to since all schools are accredited. Schools are just stepping stones in a lifetime of learning.
But I do believe it matters that each school follows their own admissions criteria because it really influences the composition of the class and how everyone approaches school.
I'm personally really happy about my class and even though it's only been a few months, it already feels like I've known them for years.

So if you don't make it into your top choice school, try not to take it too seriously because it's probably for your own benefit :)

Reactions: 2 users
I agree completely. A lot goes into admissions and it's important to look at it from a different perspective.
It's better to think that getting no response/rejection doesn't mean that you're not good enough, it just means that the school decided you wouldn't be a good fit for them (and the school isn't a good fit for you as well!)

I think it really doesn't matter too much which school you go to since all schools are accredited. Schools are just stepping stones in a lifetime of learning.
But I do believe it matters that each school follows their own admissions criteria because it really influences the composition of the class and how everyone approaches school.
I'm personally really happy about my class and even though it's only been a few months, it already feels like I've known them for years.

So if you don't make it into your top choice school, try not to take it too seriously because it's probably for your own benefit :)
With that being said, I think it's still better to attend a school that has graduated at least a class. A strong alumni network is something that can set you up for future success.

With that being said, I think it's still better to attend a school that has graduated at least a class. A strong alumni network is something that can set you up for future success.

That's true, the more connections you have, the better your chances of striking it big :)

I have an interview this week and i'm going to be there a day early. What is there to do around the area?

I have an interview this week and i'm going to be there a day early. What is there to do around the area?
Go check out the trails, lighthouses and the beach. There's some great places to eat. They say about three times in the interview that Portland has the most restaurants per capita behind San Francisco. I really loved Pats meat market for lunch. Good price and local place. Best potato salad ever.

Go check out the trails, lighthouses and the beach. There's some great places to eat. They say about three times in the interview that Portland has the most restaurants per capita behind San Francisco. I really loved Pats meat market for lunch. Good price and local place. Best potato salad ever.
Thanks!

For those who have already interviewed, what's your ADEA status? I interviewed in September and my status is still just "Invited for Interview".

For those who have already interviewed, what's your ADEA status? I interviewed in September and my status is still just "Invited for Interview".
Sorry this is kinda unrelated, but was une always on your AADSAS list or did it only show up after you interviewed?

Sorry this is kinda unrelated, but was une always on your AADSAS list or did it only show up after you interviewed?
Yeah, it was always on my list with my other schools I applied to.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
If you haven't received the supplemental and you applied in September, does it mean you are pretty much rejected?

If you haven't received the supplemental and you applied in September, does it mean you are pretty much rejected?

I think that safe to assume. I submitted my supplemental in july but never got an interview here either.

does anyone know roughly what time one dec 1st they will let us know if we are accepted or not?

I really like the fact that you get to spend D4 in community health centers doing externships- great aspect of the curriculum.

does anyone know roughly what time one dec 1st they will let us know if we are accepted or not?

I creeped on last year's thread and I think you should be getting a call/e-mail around 8 AM.

Reactions: 1 users
Anyone have a status change on AADSAS yet? Anyone hear anything? 24hrs to go guys! Stay positive!

No status change for me either. Still says "invited for interview". I'll probably check again at the end of the workday to see if it's changed. Let's hope it does! :thumbup:

I don't want to wait until the morning to know whether i'm in or not:(

Has anyone received an email about acceptances and the upcoming wait list over the next few months? I see that Amanda had sent an email a couple days before December 1st last year regarding this information. Best of luck to everyone!

Has anyone received an email about acceptances and the upcoming wait list over the next few months? I see that Amanda had sent an email a couple days before December 1st last year regarding this information. Best of luck to everyone!

I was wondering about that too based on last year's pattern because I didn't get one as well. Maybe they decided not to send that e-mail this year and wanted to change things up?

Nothing yet. Portal still says invited for interview.

They're either later this year, or this is bad news for me...

This is stressing me out more than anything. Just tell me if i'm accepted/waitlisted/rejected already

So is it safe to assume we aren't going to be accepted today?
I wouldn't be too quick to say that just yet. I'm not sure what's going on, but maybe they're just a little behind. Who knows? Perhaps they're late by a few hours, or maybe they'll be late by a day or two. I have no idea! I'd like to know though because this wait is agonizing :(

I wouldn't be too quick to say that just yet. I'm not sure what's going on, but maybe they're just a little behind. Who knows? Perhaps they're late by a few hours, or maybe they'll be late by a day or two. I have no idea! I'd like to know though because this wait is agonizing :(
I don't think they would be this far behind..its already 10:30

When I interviewed, I hung out with a lot of D1s that day who told me that some people received the acceptance even up to a few days after December 1st. So I don't think silence today is necessarily bad.

Just got the call! Accepted

If no call by now is it bad news :(? Is that how it works

hopefully they are extending acceptances over multiple days like they have done in the past. I loved UNE!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app