***The Official UNE Class of 2021 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Started by ash01
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey guys! I got accepted at UNE on December 1st and will be giving up my seat. I wish you good luck to you all, and I know that you will get into the program you deserve. Be patient, this is a process that fluctuates and a a lot of people are giving up seats in one school to decide for another one. I thought that UNE was excellent clinically, with an outstanding externship program, and when we visited the clinic, it was full of patients! So that’s a good thing 🙄:bow:
I’m a FL resident, from Miami. I was also accepted by Rutgers (NJ) and Nova (FL). This is a very difficult decision to make, 😢 but I’ll be leaning towards Rutgers because it’s cheaper than NOVA (and also UNE) and has excellent clinical exposure too. If you have any questions (or tips about my decision)..
please help me!! :help: PM me. Best of luck to you all!! :kiss::luck:😍
 
Thanks for letting us know @CubanDentist93 🙂Keep your heads up everyone. I know the wait is tense, but I think we will hear from them within the next couple weeks as people accept/decline their seats. Dont let this thread die, good luck!
 
Thoughts about attending UNE if considering a specialty?

Also, I am wondering if the 4th year off-site rotations would allow us to learn just as much as being in the dental school clinic?
Here's a pro to not having specialty residency programs at UNE....we get to take in cases that would normally be snatched by a resident. That may change slightly with the AEGD program starting, but don't worry about being disadvantaged to apply to a specialty. I think you have an advantage being at UNE. The fourth year rotations vary greatly from site to site. Some are FQHC's and some are private practices. You will always see more patients at these sites than at school.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Here's a pro to not having specialty residency programs at UNE....we get to take in cases that would normally be snatched by a resident. That may change slightly with the AEGD program starting, but don't worry about being disadvantaged to apply to a specialty. I think you have an advantage being at UNE. The fourth year rotations vary greatly from site to site. Some are FQHC's and some are private practices. You will always see more patients at these sites than at school.

This was a big factor in my decision to pick UNE as the school I will attend next year. But have you heard any details about the rotations from a student that has been through it? I'm curious to know if they actually have it put together yet.


Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
 
I haven't gotten a level of interest email, however I did send in a still interested email a few weeks back.
 
Are the people who received this continued interest inquiry the ones who have not received an interview yet? Just curious because I think those who did interview received this same e-mail a few weeks ago.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Interesting, thanks! I received the supplemental back in July as well but did not get the continued interest email today so I'm assuming that will be a rejection for me.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad